Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spencer
    • Feb 2007

iPhone is the beast. The decision here is if you can deal with dropped call after dropped call after dropped call......

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

it's da bomb. everything i need is on it - from skype to my bank. the screen is beatiful, and most importantly and charachteristically of apple products, it's intuitive. it just knows what i want to do. i'm in nyc, so any cell phone service here is good, so i did not care going from Tmobile to ATT.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
        iPhone is the beast. The decision here is if you can deal with dropped call after dropped call after dropped call......
        That's one of the things I'm worried about, but I think I could overlook that because of its other offerings.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        it's da bomb. everything i need is on it - from skype to my bank. the screen is beatiful, and most importantly and charachteristically of apple products, it's intuitive. it just knows what i want to do. i'm in nyc, so any cell phone service here is good, so i did not care going from Tmobile to ATT.
        And, it's pretttttty. I have an ipod touch, and more and more, it's becoming the poor mans iphone, because wifi is so incredibly limiting. Maybe if I sit on my blackberry long enough it will turn into an iphone.
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• the-orb
          • Jun 2009

The ultimate netbook IMO (although most people wouldn't call this a netbook, I think the term applies perfectly):

http://www.pocketables.net/2009/05/b...-keyboard.html

Once it gets 3G and full US availability, it's going to be amazing.

But I guess I need to replace my dying 3-4 yr old laptop first. Sigh.

Comment

• Diego
            • Aug 2007

Yesterday I lost my wife's iphone 3gS, then found it using apple mobileme find my iphone app!!!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Damn, that's the best advertisement :-)

So, I guess we should start throwing up favorite apps.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

Quicksilver is a must
                Dropbox is great
                Google notifier is helpful if you use webmail
                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

What's Quicksilver and Dropbox? Don't see them.

The usability and convenience that iPhone offers is unparalleled I must say. Two stories today - was in a store and wanted to see how a particular garment was styled on the runway - downloaded the style.com app and in a minute I was looking at the runway shot. Then went to Borders, forgot my rewards card - no problem - used CardStar app where you can scan in all your store club cards and it generates a barcode. The cashier scanned it, and voila. MAGIC!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avyer
                    • Dec 2007

Man, all this 3GS hype has really gotten to me... Already have ATT as my carrier, as they're the only worthwhile provider in Atlanta. And I really need to replace my aging ATT Tilt. Any real complaints about the iPhone?
                    Remember, be here now.

Comment

• Spencer
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Avyer View Post
                      Any real complaints about the iPhone?

No. It's the best thing ever. Anybody that tells you different is dumb.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

My only complaint is that the battery life is awful. But considering all the things it does, I am surprised it does not come with a car battery.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          My only complaint is that the battery life is awful. But considering all the things it does, I am surprised it does not come with a car battery.
                          apple seems to have some trouble with batteries, I'v changed the one on my macbook pro twice in a year, first one exploded on my legs.

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Avyer View Post
                            Any real complaints about the iPhone?
                            it's fairly large and heavy, the glass face attracts scratches and the plastic backing on the 3G model is shit compared to the aluminum backplate of the original iPhone. otherwise it's dope, glad to hear TomTom are finally releasing proper GPS software for it too.

Comment

• Avyer
                              • Dec 2007

Well comparing the iPhone to my tilt is a joke in terms of weight and size, so I'm not really worried. I had already planned on purchasing protection for the phone, as with any large face phone they're prone to scratchs/scuffs.

Does googlemaps not function as a GPS-esque program on the iPhone? Even at that though, the TomTom software does look nice, just waiting to see a price.

I was really hoping to wait and see if ATT picked up the HTC Hero, but it looks like T-mobile claimed it. I was also really hoping there would be a Tegra based phone by now, ever since playing with the hardware based handset I've really been looking out for a consumer version. As a personal plug for my school and to anyone interest in Tegra based stuff, check this augmented reality program via Georgia Tech and SCAD-Atlanta:

Remember, be here now.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

google maps does give you some basic GPS functions but you need a constant internet connection in order to to use it, no good if you're traveling overseas unless you're willing to pay the exorbitant 3G roaming charges. you could always jailbreak your iphone and install apps for free...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎