Clear All
  • jumpoff
    • Jan 2008

I'm very happy with my Geneva model s.

Comment

• een
      • Sep 2006

Using this in Stockholm:

I generally use the aux input and run from my laptop/1 tb hard drive. It's the only hi-fi in the apartment, and is completely adequate for that purpose. The sound quality is hardly audiophile (as in the direct heated single-ended triode sense,) but not bad for the price.
      Last edited by een; 07-08-2010, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

These are all great, but I need something small to put on the kitchen table basically. I have a Yamaha set up in my living room and I use their dock to connect my iPod to the receiver. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough - I need something passable, just so it doesn't sound like farts and car horns.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

for smaller ones, JBL Onstage or Yamaha PDX-30? sound quality on the Yamaha should be alright, not sure about the JBL as its very small, but might be decent anyway.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• een
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by JoniF
            Wow, that's a nice tube amp you've got there. What generation iPod is that?
            Thanks.
            I think third generation - 30gig, few years old.

Comment

• francojean23
              • Sep 2008

i've been using the beolabs for awhile now , and they are amazing , and powered so i can just plug in my ipod

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Got ipad today. Mind has been blown. I'm a total convert.

The battery life is incredible, with just a few app downloads and jailbreak you can stream videos from your home computer in any format on the fly to your ipad. The on screen keyboard is reasonable enough to type full e-mails and on the go I can transfer images including raw files from my dslr directly to the ipad. Not to mention I can remotely access my home computer on the ipad to use the programs on it.

Forget the 3g version. Just get the wifi one and jailbreak and download a tethering program on your iphone and you'll be set.

*continues to fiddle with ipad*
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• munch
                  • Aug 2008

guys I need a new phone...
                  looking for something small enough to fit in a pocket but still powerful enough with a decent size screen. was looking up this android thing and it looks cool, found the sony X10 Mini Pro that is soon to be released but I was adviced not to buy it since it's running a really old version of android. not sure what the drawbacks of that is, but he's good at phones for all I know...
                  just wondering if anyone else has any phones that could work? or should I just get a bigger phone and stop being such a wus?

cheers

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

iphone. it's like rome, all roads lead to it. i really don't care what apple haters say - it's the best phone i've ever had by a million miles. android, shmandroid, i don't need to know what fucking constellation is hanging over my head.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                      • Jan 2010

There should be a new iPhone announced in June. Hopefully it will be released around the same time.
                      THE HOUSE OF DIS
                      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• 951SoCal
                        • May 2010

any recommendations on a new GPU/videocard?

currently have 9800gtx+

my board doesn't support SLI so i need a new card for sure.

Comment

• munch
                          • Aug 2008

yeah actually my mom said I could have the new iphone for my birthday cause my phone is pretty much broken right now...
                          I'm probably getting a bag from Zam for summer too so I might as well get used to having it in a bag rather than in my pockets.
                          I really like the 3Gs, and I don't have anything against apple, their laptops are really great in terms of construction and little finesses.
                          but yeah.. I was actually planning to get an iPhone until I started thinking about the size of it, since I'm used to a tiny SE phone

thanks

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            iphone. it's like rome, all roads lead to it. i really don't care what apple haters say - it's the best phone i've ever had by a million miles. android, shmandroid, i don't need to know what fucking constellation is hanging over my head.
                            I'm actually a very happy Android convert. after having the iPhone for a year, I got tired of all the dumbed down functionality, having to use itunes for everything, and the overall lack of transformability without installing a billion apps. with my HTC I can drag and drop content (music, pictures, videos..) from my computer, back up contacts and other stuff on the memory card with a click, and am not forced to sync it with a single computer. try adding a music track to your iphone from another computer, and itunes will kindly erase your entire library. Android pretty much has all the functions and is much easier to modify, for example the desktop can be arranged to your liking whereas on the iphone you can barely move the icons, let alone arrange and remove them or put them in folders (again, without jailbreaking, apps and fuzz). I just got fed up with little things like that.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

^Thanks lowrey. You've mentioned this earlier and since then the Android has been on my list, if I decide that I'll need a smartphone that is. I will do anything to avoid Apple products. Does anybody have some other recommendations?

Having no iPhone sometimes reminds of a scene in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"...

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

took a cab to the office today and put my grandma bag in the trunk. while waiting for the receipt and paying the driver, my friend unloads the trunk but forgets to take my bag.

keys to apt, keys to work, my phone, work papers, umbrella, books. my life was in that bag. fuck!

so back at the office, i called 311 for tlc and they got me the car company based on the medallion number off my receipt. the car company tells me they will track the cab via GPS and txt msg the car and ask the driver to call my number. 5 min later i get a call from the cab. 30 min later, i get my bag back!

technology totally saved my ass today..

remember kids, always save your cab receipt..
                                Last edited by endersgame; 05-17-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎