• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avantster
    ¤¤¤
    • Sep 2006

Re: technology - iphone 3g

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Avantster"]

I'll be getting one sooner or later, just waiting for the crappy plans to offer a better data rate pricing.
    </p>

The thought of an all in one device that I can organise myself with on the move and synchronise at work//home is what sold me.
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

I thought it was the US that had the shittiest cell service in the developed world (and Internet, too)?</p>

[/quote]</p>

the available technology isn't that behind itself. carriers have been dictating design terms to hardware developers for years. they've been forcing development restrictions and forbidding third party software. it's quite amazing carriers have been able to convince people believe that they still maintain huge costly proprietary networks, and charge them through the nose for it.
    </p>

apple's taking steps to change the market, shift the power away from network distributors, and it's something I like.</p>

(consider how easy it's been to unlock the iphone, and add third party software).
    </p>

having said that in japan, you wouldn't even consider the iphone - it's laughable there.
    </p>
    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Google will kill them all. And if google can't, the government will deregulate them... in about 10 years [86]
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• justine
        • Jan 2007

iphone issues when activating at the store?: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080711/...e/apple_iphone ... probably will wait a little to get this.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i went to the at&amp;t store to kop the iphone, waited an hour, and then found out that the black (duh) 8gb was sold out. wack. now i have to go back again at some point.</p>

as my friend said: "you got ipwn3d"</p>
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Avantster
            ¤¤¤
            • Sep 2006

lulz.</p>

why not get the 16gb?
            </p>
            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

i have no need for a 16 gig iphone. i already have an ipod, and i don't mind carrying that around as well. plus the $200 i would save (buying the girl one as well) will go towards object dyed stuff. </p>

plus they only had white. here at sz we don't do white, only BLACKKKKKK.</p>

</p>
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

haha fair enough, once object dyed goodness is mentioned, all makes sense. [Y]
                </p>

</p>

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

[86]
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

maybe we can commission a bunch of object dyed iphone cases from poell? we'll let albert pick the fabric of course.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

apple on 14th- there's still a line and you can not even go in to browse at other things... they have to walk you in to whatever you want to look at- takes the fun out of tech browsing. maybe sunday is not the best day. might try again tomorrow...
                      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]apple on 14th- there's still a line and you can not even go in to browse at other things... they have to walk you in to whatever you want to look at- takes the fun out of tech browsing. maybe sunday is not the best day. might try again tomorrow...
                        [/quote]</p>

best to just forget it for a week - go next monday and get it hasslefree. don't att stores have it, btw?</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]maybe we can commission a bunch of object dyed iphone cases from poell? we'll let albert pick the fabric of course.
                          [/quote]</p>

Reverse goat leather!</p>
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

so was anyone successful in getting the iphone2 hooked up? the line on 5th ave was 3-dorks deep at 7pm on sunday. i didn't want to risk it.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

lol. i could have sworn it was only two nerds deep
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

nvm.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍