• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
    haha, thats cool. something like 5-6 years ago I went swimming with my nokia in my pocket (why do swim shorts even have pockets...), it obviously stopped functioning, but after a month or so I managed to switch it on
    What's not cool is that I upgraded to 2.2.1 software, and no unlocking software has been produced yet. Funk. Someone please notify me when the news come out.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

there should be a way to restore 2.2.

but I think there will be a working jailbreak for 2.2.1 fairly soon as well, though.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

sorry to hear that Faust :( Like Arto said, hopefully a jailbreak for 2.2.1 will be released soon for you.

Speaking of Apple... been using the iMac I bought my girlfriend for xmas practically nonstop since I brought it back for her and I'm HOOKED. We're about to go full-on Apple lovin this coming year with the apple tv, time machine and some laptops. Steve jobs owns our souls.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Spencer
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
          Speaking of Apple... been using the iMac I bought my girlfriend for xmas practically nonstop since I brought it back for her and I'm HOOKED. We're about to go full-on Apple lovin this coming year with the apple tv, time machine and some laptops. Steve jobs owns our souls.

Oh hell yeah dude. I've been exclusively Mac since 2001 and I'll never look back.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

hehehehe i got a couple of toys around my er... my girlfriends imac too

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

We're about to go full-on Apple lovin this coming year with the apple tv, time machine and some laptops
              Go for the apple tv / time machine set up A, you won't regret it!

Comment

• khiev
                • Nov 2006

But there's so much to appreciate in pc laptops too... 9800m GTX Sli 2GB, 3 X 320GB 7200rpm in Raid 0, intel Q9650, etc...

and there's SO much to look forward to as well, laptops featuring the amazing intel core i7, next gen nvidia G280 or the ati mobility HD4800, led display (finally), windows 7, dx 11.... all sorts of amazing goodies... apple couldnt ever possible compete against these offerings!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

sorry to hear that Faust :( Like Arto said, hopefully a jailbreak for 2.2.1 will be released soon for you.

As he should.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

BTW, if I unlocked the phone does that mean I can't use the apple apps store? I downloaded a few, but they don't work. Yea, I know nothing about iPhone. Last person on earth...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Spencer
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by khiev View Post
                      But there's so much to appreciate in pc laptops too... 9800m GTX Sli 2GB, 3 X 320GB 7200rpm in Raid 0, intel Q9650, etc...

and there's SO much to look forward to as well, laptops featuring the amazing intel core i7, next gen nvidia G280 or the ati mobility HD4800, led display (finally), windows 7, dx 11.... all sorts of amazing goodies... apple couldnt ever possible compete against these offerings!

Holy shit khiev, is that even english?

Faust, about you phone, it should still work with the app store just fine. Any other issues other than the app store? I would recommend (I'm certainly no expert!) restoring your iPhone and reinstall. That should fix whatever problems you are having.

Couple of sites you should have bookmarked...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

hehehe Khiev, you're right :) apples and pc's both have their positives.

Faust, when the 2.2.1 unlock comes out, use pwnage (aka winpwn) to unlock/jailbreak your phone. You'll unlock the phone with the most recent update then and still have the app store and along with it, pwnage can/will install Cydia and Installer on there so you can download some really great non-apple certified 3rd party apps such as a video recorder and an adjustable camera.... along with Quake hehehe

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Yes, I did just that, but after I install an app from the apple store, it doesn't work upon launching. Booooooo!!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• c.r.e.a.m.
                            • Jan 2009

myabe you already knew/tried this, but some apps wont work until youve restarted the iphone first. hold down the main button and top right button for about ten seconds. should shut off and restart. then your app should work.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

I had a problem installing one or two apps, they didnt show up on the springboard at all even after rebooting. I think I just tried reinstalling and they worked after that
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

no dice. must be my phone.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎