• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plage
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    io7 is out now for iphone userz.
    I don't know, I personally really dislike ios7- I just think it's just completely repulsive, design-wise. Especially the notifications and the control center that blurs out the background, on top of an ugly grey background.

I feel like it's an uglier android recreation just less functional with less of a change I expected them to make to ios. The multitasking looks identical to jellybean on android, auto-downloads has already been done, androids notification center is a lot superior to ios.

Things that should've already been included, since theyre competiting with android- I just expected something new, since ios7 is/was so hyped up.

I know I sound pretty negative and angry in this but I just expected/wanted more.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Should I stick to iOS 5 then? Never upgraded to 6.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

I like new things because I bore easily with technology...io7 is new and therefore interesting for the moment. I'm not familiar with android so I can't compare (yet). When I bore of this, I'll move on again.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• DRRRK
          • Aug 2009

You should definitely try Android and experience unknown possibilities of customizing your phone instead if waiting for Apple to update their icons, which is really embarrassing in comparison.

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

I used to jailbreak my old iPhone 4 but with this new iOS, I'll reconsider the option to stay on a original system.
            I'm far to be an Apple fanboy, but after 3 years of using the iPhone 4, I'll still buying phones from them.

About Adroid, a friend just bought a Samsung S4, he had to flash on the first day...

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

no one has to flash their phone.. in fact I would say that if you are into moderate customization without jailbreak/flashing, its much easier to achieve with android than ios.

just to be clear, I'm not saying one is better than the other because thats up to personal preference (I would for example consider ios easier to use)
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

only new thing i look forward to is blocking phone calls, txts, and facetime from specific numbers in ios 7. i think att was the only carrier that can do it. i can't wait to activate blocking from stalkers that leave me creepy messages..

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

blocking number is nice...telemarketers, etc...can't say I have too many stalkers. I jailbroke my iphone once...found out I didn't have much desire to customize after all, so went back to the way it was.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endorphinz
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009

pretty happy with jailbroken iOS 6.1... think I'll stick

just a word about the samsungs:,I know it's heresy but when I see peeps whip out their galaxys I think the screen looks too big for a phone... looks awkward. IMO

*edit* jailbreak allows use of THIS for blocking

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

I feel that iOS 7 is step in the right direction, even though many of the "new functions" is old news on Android for example. But they are welcomed news to us iPhone-users – only because it has already been out on other systems doesn't make it bad automatically. It's obvious that Apple has slowed down on their innovationess and Windows and Android is the new trendsetters – but I still like the iPhone as a whole and will stick with it for now.

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        Yes sure. Actually, I meant he had few problems with the rom so he had to flash with a new one to correct issues, for example, the battery life.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                          I feel that iOS 7 is step in the right direction, even though many of the "new functions" is old news on Android for example. But they are welcomed news to us iPhone-users – only because it has already been out on other systems doesn't make it bad automatically. It's obvious that Apple has slowed down on their innovationess and Windows and Android is the new trendsetters – but I still like the iPhone as a whole and will stick with it for now.
                          I increasingly feel like I don't care in the first place. Like Pogue wrote in the Times, we are getting to a saturation point in innovation of smartphones. My phone does everything I want it to, calls/texts/emails/photographs/FB/instagram/banking/paypal, and I really don't care for it to be better and to spend time and energy on researching and arguing which minute feature of this or that phone/opearting system is superior.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I increasingly feel like I don't care in the first place. Like Pogue wrote in the Times, we are getting to a saturation point in innovation of smartphones. My phone does everything I want it to, calls/texts/emails/photographs/FB/instagram/banking/paypal, and I really don't care for it to be better and to spend time and energy on researching and arguing which minute feature of this or that phone/opearting system is superior.
                            I think we are on the same page here, at least in theory. The main parts I looked forward in the new os was the control center so I could switch of wifi and adjust screen brightness in a quick way and also to move away from the skeumorphic design that they used earlier. This last point is of course a matter of taste, and I understand if some users find this update ugly or boring, but as I see it Apple was forced to do something if they wanted to keep up with the market – if this was the right choice, only time will tell.

So, what I wanted has been on other phones for ages, but hey, I don't own "another phone" so it's welcomed.

I have never though twice about updating anything, and therefore never loose any sleep over it. Of course that has come around and bitten me in the ass a few times, but in the end it always have worked out.

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

Just downloaded the new iOS 7 on my iPad. I must admit the new interface is really nice.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Facetime doesn't need its own icon.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎