Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep fitting into your clothes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Merveilles
    • Dec 2007

Re: How do you keep fitting into your clothes?

I'm young and have a fast metabolism. I'm also asian.

Comment

• sammywaslow
      • Apr 2008

Not only am I fatter than that fat bastard, Johnny, I'm probably the oldest person here as well. I'm a true 52 while the median size here seems to be 48 (46?), but I'm over 6 foot tall so Iguess I appearto be in proportion. I walk a lot and try not to over eat. I used to enjoy working out at the gym but I tend to bulk up easily which puts slim fitting jackets with high armholes out of reach.</P>

SoI'm surprised no-one else has mentioned clothes as a motivating factor - the day I can't fit into a pair ofccp pants will be the day I raise the white flag.</P>

Comment

• mamaboy
        • Mar 2008

bicycle to work-like 20-35 miles a day helps alittle
        but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• sharkweek
          • Apr 2008

Eating the right foods seems to be working for me so far. I stay as far away from anything unhealthy as I can aside from bits of cheese here and there. I find that after drinking I feel a little heavier than usual so I tend to just stick to small amounts of cognac.

Being just over 6'4" (and having years left to grow!) and having size 13/14 feet is the biggest problem for me.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
            • Jan 2008

13/14? damn. and i've considered cutting toes off at 12.
            Originally posted by ddohnggo
            fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• sharkweek
              • Apr 2008

[quote user="Schadenfreude"]13/14? damn. and i've considered cutting toes off at 12.
              [/quote]

It's going to be real fucking bad when off the rack unhemmed dress pants are too short for me

Comment

• Pinoy
                • Dec 2006

This is something I'm struggling with right now. Gained about 16 lbs in the last year or so.
                </p>

The thing is, I've always been really really into food so its harder for me to slim down. Right now I'm around 5 foot 8 inches and 178lbs. :(</p>

Like theetruscan, exercising is never ever fun for me and reminds me of torture. Instead of enjoying myself, I always think that I could be doing something so much more fun and painless than exercising. </p>

I've been trying to cut back on my intake in the past few weeks but it hasn't really been helping. I've been stuck at 178lbs for a while and can't seem to break it. Any ideas / tips? Haha this totally sounds like a post for a weight loss forum instead of a fashion forum.</p>

</p>

Comment

• giantreptile
                  • Jun 2008

age will do that to you. i'm curious as to the average age of members on here, because i can predict once in their thirties, they can wave a lot of these clothes bye-bye.</P>
                  <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• matthewhk
                    • Jan 2007

I buy my clothes sized up. Always.

Comment

• justine
                      • Jan 2007

[quote user="sammywaslow"]SoI'm surprised no-one else has mentioned clothes as a motivating factor[/quote]Oh, I lost major weight few years back to fit in the right clothes the right way. Clothes were a big part of the motivation, and pleasure after the weight loss. Sad thing for me was all the HL I had became too big (well, except the shoes [86]).

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

I don't, I'm a fat fuck living in fear.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

ha. that's what the invisible seam jacket's for. ;)</p>

i've been excercising as of late, doing cardio and lifting. but i don't do it hardcore.
                          </p>
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• HWith
                            • May 2007

Cut back on your intake of pasta and bread (and other bakery) and it'll work wonders. Eat fruit and vegetables instead. On top of being being far healthier they don't contain as many carbs as wheat based products and the carbs are not as quickly processed by the body, which helps you avoid insuline peaks and helps a more steady supply of energy between the meals. Most people eat far too many calories a day due to kcal heavy food, mostly products based on wheat and other grain. Also eating a lot of lean meat is good. The body uses more energy processing protein than it can 'extract' from the protein, so to put it simple, you cannot gain weight from eating meat - you should note that a lot of meat is very fatty, so the former is only true for lean meats. Also - eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals. I guess these are all the usual advices that people simply don't follow..?</p>

Note that I'm not advocating the Atkins Diet - a diet I am strongly against. Carbs are fine, you should just choose your source of carbs carefully. :-) </p>

</p>

[quote user="danieldy"]</p>

This is something I'm struggling with right now. Gained about 16 lbs in the last year or so.
                            </p>

The thing is, I've always been really really into food so its harder for me to slim down. Right now I'm around 5 foot 8 inches and 178lbs. :(</p>

Like theetruscan, exercising is never ever fun for me and reminds me of torture. Instead of enjoying myself, I always think that I could be doing something so much more fun and painless than exercising. </p>

I've been trying to cut back on my intake in the past few weeks but it hasn't really been helping. I've been stuck at 178lbs for a while and can't seem to break it. Any ideas / tips? Haha this totally sounds like a post for a weight loss forum instead of a fashion forum.</p>

</p>[/quote]

Comment

• JSebbe
                              • Mar 2008

u could always buy clothes for all your money = no cash left for food. [79]

Comment

• noerml
                                • May 2008

hm.. btw... being skinny/not gaining weight doesn't mean you shouldn't be watching ur diet. To me this seems to be a rather strange argument, since of course normally u should watch ur diet to stay healthy and supply ur body with the necessary nutrients *shrug*

I personally never eat fast food, i.e no Mc Donalds etc, no instant meals, low fat and very very low carb(no sugar, no white wheat etc) , lots of vegetable, fruits to keep my blood sugar the right level, and of course meat/fish and milk products, etc ;-) I do try to eat as much organic/local stuff as possible, not cuz i care about nature or want to support local farms (i am way to egoist for that *lol*) but simply cuz it usually tastes way better. And taste it all that matters to me in fact, I don't give a shit if it says "healthy" in big letters, cuz generally this is an indicator for overprized dung. Planning, cooking, enjoing a nice meal is just as much a hobby of mine as fashion is. I guess I couldn'T gain weight with my diet, even if I wanted, still i have to admit, i couldn't afford it... financially ;-)

sports well.. i guess i should do more of that. BUt like someone already pointed out, exercising/ going to the gym feels like torture to me. I hate such braindead activities. Some people even call it relaxing, I call it wasted time *shrug* .However I do try to walk as much as possible, something I can actually enjoy if there's someone around to talk with ;-) Sometimes I actually even torment myself with joggin... sometimes :P I used to do Karate for like .. uh.. ages.. 15years or so? but somewhen i got bored... should have continued though, but at a certain age time becomes a problem. </p>
                                And through their parting lids there came and went
                                Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎