Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

oh yeah, I was incredibly surprised/elated to see a final season of Peep Show come back on a few months ago. memories.

Comment

• sam_tem
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mezeinee View Post
      I just watched The Green Inferno by Eli Roth last night, after learning it will never be shown in the cinemas (at least in Germany). It was ok, pretty much what you could expect from a Cannibal Holocaust remake.
      saw horrible reviews on this and feels a bit weird to say this at my age, but I'm excited to see sky ferriera on a big screen. gotta find this online sometime.

and yes, amazing how South Park still continues to get better and better.

Deadwood was a fucking classic. Carnivale too. Miss the old grand HBO days.

Terribly excited to see a season of Black Mirror on Netflix next year. The brits just cut their shows way too short. Really loved Capital last month and recommend highly to all, but 3 episodes? Killing me.

Comment

• SuE
        • Jan 2013

Atelier (japenese workplace drama debuting on Netflix) is a nice change of pace
        One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
          • Jan 2013

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood, but I couldn't even get through the first episode.
          It was interesting that it was a Netflix original that seemed to be produced entirely in Japan.

Comment

• SuE
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
            Maybe I just wasn't in the mood, but I couldn't even get through the first episode.
            It was interesting that it was a Netflix original that seemed to be produced entirely in Japan.
            It doesn't get much better. The dialog is too on the nose and it follows the japanese 'cute' acting formula — they definitely aren't Streep or Hathaway . It's different from the shows I usually watch... but it's interesting to me because it's about my dream job and it's rare to get a show about fashion that isn't garishly exaggerated.

Comment

• Resonkuken
              • Oct 2012

Anyone else watching "Making a Murderer" on Netflix?

I went from being appalled to "what in the actual fuck really happened there?"

Comment

• Mezeinee
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                saw horrible reviews on this and feels a bit weird to say this at my age, but I'm excited to see sky ferriera on a big screen. gotta find this online sometime.

and yes, amazing how South Park still continues to get better and better.
                I've got to read those reviews. To be honest, I actually didn't even recognize Sky Ferreira during the film.

I'm beginning to wonder what could compete with the latest South Park season in terms of ironic commentary.. btw I'm in Germany, where the purpose of television is the entertainment of the elderly.
                https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• SuE
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                  Anyone else watching "Making a Murderer" on Netflix?

I went from being appalled to "what in the actual fuck really happened there?"
                  Yes, I started that but got so angry I had to switch.

Comment

• round
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Deadwood is a sleeper hit. I doubt, however, that there will be another season.

There may be a movie, if the reports are true

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Unexpectedly got into The Walking Dead. The season two finale was killer (so to speak).
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deadboy
                        • Jul 2013

Some find that show loses momentum around season 4, but I've found it to be solid all the way through so far.

Just finished Master of None on Netflix, probably going to try out Making a Murderer. So far I've managed to avoid the seemingly ubiquitous spoilers, but probably won't be able to for much longer.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                          • Jan 2013

Last weekend: Sherlock holiday special. Almost a movie not just an episode. It was a lot of fun but I like everything Sherlock-related.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                            Last weekend: Sherlock holiday special. Almost a movie not just an episode. It was a lot of fun but I like everything Sherlock-related.
                            I was hoping it was going to show up on Netflix after its premiere but no luck. Thank the gods we have bootlegged streams...

I also just finished the new Christmas special for Black Mirror, hands down one of the more mind-bending plots of the entire series.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

The Sherlock special is supposed to have an encore on PBS in 13 minutes. Too bad it will be utter shit.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Unexpectedly got into The Walking Dead. The season two finale was killer (so to speak).
                                TWD has some lulls throughout the series and at times some egregious writing but it remains a solid show in my opinion.. It gets a lot of hate from people that it doesn't deserve, especially since it seems like most of those people keep watching it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎