• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jtothewhat View Post
    lol! Just noticed that. I know a lot of people have given up on the original series as well, there have been moments where it has devolved into pretty mediocre television..but it always redeems itself for me.
    I've grown to love the original. Six seasons and it firmly keeps the foot on the gas. The philosophical implications run deep and the show is a testament that virtually any subject can be done well. I mean, who the fuck would think that I would like a show about zombies...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
      • Sep 2015

Just finished Haibane Renmei. Arguably, I think, Yoshitoshi ABe's best work. It expertly keeps you in the dark from beginning to end, which makes it all the more alluring. I'm in the middle of Deadwood, as well. I'm usually not one for period pieces, but it's keeping me entertained.
      who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• mne
        • Mar 2016

Has anyone seen making the murderer on Netflix? I finished watching it and I don't know how i feel about it ;/ emotional rollercoaster i guess..

Comment

• Mezeinee
          • Apr 2015

just finished the fourth season of house of cards. not bad, but nothing like the first season.
          has anyone else seen it?
          https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

• khellick
            • Oct 2015

I've just finished watching Daredevil season 2 and House of Cards season 4. Both are great.

Either going to get back into Vikings or watch Forbrydelsen or Broen next.

Comment

• khellick
              • Oct 2015

Yep, I've watched the latest season last week. I really liked it. I wouldn't put it at the same level as season 1, but I would probably put it between season 1 and 2.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                • Sep 2010

Black Market with Michael K Williams on Viceland is really pretty great. Aside from the fact that he also wears Rick gear on practically every episode, I really like his attitude and drive to understand the underground crime circuit and think it's a great watch. 6 episodes so far and all really great.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• blackdeath
                  • Apr 2016

so can discuss how good stranger things is or no? there's a 2nd season confirmed that will serve as a sequel.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I need to watch this before I pull the plug on Netflix on the 20th.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Mezeinee View Post
                      just finished the fourth season of house of cards. not bad, but nothing like the first season.
                      has anyone else seen it?
                      I thought it was fantastic, season 3 was frustrating as there was a lot of emotional sinew but it all became relevant in 4. A few moments I would have written differently but I thought it was a very strong return to form -- and you must admit the prescient commentary on our election and that white islamist plotline were fascinating.

I am assuming we're being treated to a Shakespearean nightmare given the style and season 5 will be the collapse, although I would be pleased if they figure out a way to extend the show without diluting the brilliant commentary on power.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by mne View Post
                        Has anyone seen making the murderer on Netflix? I finished watching it and I don't know how i feel about it ;/ emotional rollercoaster i guess..
                        Strolling into my brother's living room playing halfway through season 1 with no context and blowing my mind being told that it was a real life happening, I know how you feel.

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                          Black Market with Michael K Williams on Viceland is really pretty great. Aside from the fact that he also wears Rick gear on practically every episode, I really like his attitude and drive to understand the underground crime circuit and think it's a great watch. 6 episodes so far and all really great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Z9Uz_EMHo
                          Excellent stuff. I'm a huge fan of interventionist documentary work.
                          Last edited by Arkady; 08-09-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by blackdeath View Post
                            so can discuss how good stranger things is or no? there's a 2nd season confirmed that will serve as a sequel.
                            I thought it was okay. The Stephen King/ 80s movies/ anime trope influences are very apparent in the makeup of the show, so it felt extremely familiar and very easy to predict the plot progression of where it was going. As a whole it does well to appealing to the TV audience, but it ultimately comes down to a series of that is an amalgamation of fan service references. Not to say that this isn't a classic form of original storytelling, e.g. LOTR's distinct relationship and basis off of Norse Sagas, but what they failed to do was distract me from these relationships in their interpretation of them.
                            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Started watching The Night Of and loving it. Pure Richard Price, even though it's based on a BBC series.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jtothewhat
                                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Started watching The Night Of and loving it. Pure Richard Price, even though it's based on a BBC series.
                                It's a great show. Turtorro is incredible in it, and although I'm sure it would have been great with Gandolfini (who is greatly missed), I can't imagine anyone else in the role now. The way he takes everyones low opinion and constant jabs at his integrity and ability as a lawyer in stride, even with a small amount of pride at times, using it to his advantage when possible.. it's really fun to watch and I can't imagine another actor playing the character so well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎