• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Neither do I - hence my question.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
      • Apr 2007

i'm sure it's mostly just a scare tactic started by the republicans, but i believe that economist article did note that spending tends to increase in times of 1 party rule. not sure if there's a source for that information or if a study could even back it up, but in general i think fear of a one party gov't stems from a distrust in our political parties. this is especially true when you feel that a party doesn't hold the same interest/values that you do and you have a president that doesn't seem capable of telling off his own party if need be.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Do you think that there is some kind of an implicit checks and balances mechanism built into congress that will be compromised if the dems take the white house and both chambers of congress? It is a valid concern, I suppose. I don't feel it, because in my opinion in the last 8 years the Republicans have hopelessly compromised themselves by not only being incompetent, but buy being brazen and defiant in their incompetence. This is anything but democratic.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Do you think that there is some kind of an implicit checks and balances mechanism built into congress that will be compromised if the dems take the white house and both chambers of congress? It is a valid concern, I suppose. I don't feel it, because in my opinion in the last 8 years the Republicans have hopelessly compromised themselves by not only being incompetent, but buy being brazen and defiant in their incompetence. This is anything but democratic.
          thats because they thought the Rove-Master and his students could bring them victory every presidntial year...........
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Today I will be watching something else than sports on TV for the first time in years...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Today I will be watching something else than sports on TV for the first time in years...
              How can you not watch Alton Brown?
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

I just voted.

The line was 45 minutes long, but it is a beautiful day. My poll place on W 13th street, gets a great turn out every election, but they said that this one is the best ever.
                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                  • Mar 2007

i am going a bit later, mine station was around the block and back to the front again. there was press there taking pictures (ugh)

Comment

• swami
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    How can you not watch Alton Brown?
                    Or Bill Maher...He is hilarious!

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by TypicalFashion View Post
                      i am going a bit later, mine station was around the block and back to the front again. there was press there taking pictures (ugh)

Its going to be like that all day. So just pick a time and go. I think it will be longer after 4pm.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kira View Post
                        I just voted.

The line was 45 minutes long, but it is a beautiful day. My poll place on W 13th street, gets a great turn out every election, but they said that this one is the best ever.
                        Mrs. Faust and I voted too - no line.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

Mrs. Faust and I voted too - no line.
                          very nice. everyone in line was so excited to vote and were talking about the election. it was pretty inspiring, but my neighborhood is good for that.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

My neighborhood is full of Russian-Jewish racist pensioners who think that Obama is a Muslim.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

My neighborhood is full of Russian-Jewish racist pensioners who think that Obama is a Muslim.
                              Mine is full of people who think McCain has a better economic plan until you ask what they mean, then it turns out that, yeah, Obama is an evil secret muslim.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• awlouie
                                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                                Mine is full of people who think McCain has a better economic plan until you ask what they mean, then it turns out that, yeah, Obama is an evil secret muslim.
                                Yes, there are a lot of "Joe six pack, the plumber, dumb shits..." out there!
                                "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                                -Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎