Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thinbuddha
    • Jul 2011

endersgame - i haven't been myself but several of my friends have gone and said it's simply not worth what you pay for the experience

Comment

• TheThief
      • Mar 2011

I've been. It was fun for a little while but the crowds get intense and everyone gets really worked up trying to chase around these actors as they travel within the space. So as the place fills up it becomes a real shit-show of getting bumped, pushed and jostled just to get a glace at something that may be of little to no import .

Depends what your looking for but unless youre a huge Macbeth fan I'd venture to say you wouldnt be missing much if you skipped it.

Comment

• Ochre
        • Sep 2009

Are there any NY camera shops that sell decently designed straps a la Artisan & Artist?

Comment

• KM80
          • Mar 2008

I thought sleep no more was a lot of fun, just being able to do whatever you want and go through everything, the rooms were cool. I missed a lot of the scenes but some of the interactive stuff was pretty fun.

I just found out about this and want to go so badly next time I'm there, It's just straight up horror:

Comment

• hommedeguerre
            • Jun 2009

I set this screening up tonight at Tribeca Grand Hotel with my buddy Austin of Odyn Vovk. EVERYONE is invited. It's free admission. PM me, or email Info@OdynVovk.com

Le 21ème

Comment

• coup de grace
              x
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ochre View Post
              edit: My friend made a good point saying it seemed as though they hired dancers instead of actors. Every movement and word was exaggerated. There just wasn't any nuance or subtlety.
              that's not a good point at all considering there were no words spoken by the actors.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
                I set this screening up tonight at Tribeca Grand Hotel with my buddy Austin of Odyn Vovk. EVERYONE is invited. It's free admission. PM me, or email Info@OdynVovk.com

http://21arrondissement.com/2012/03/...-film-premier/
                nice!, would have loved to come and lend my support if it was another night.....gotta keep the sabbath.........
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Ochre
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
                  that's not a good point at all considering there were no words spoken by the actors.
                  1. They did speak.
                  2. A performance is more than whats spoken.

Comment

• kuriz
                    • Nov 2010

I believe it was a few weeks ago that I went to this thread stating how hyped I was about going to New York in October to celebrate my moms 50 year birthday, and now the plannings have begun!

I have a few questions that hopefully someone or some of you either can answer or atleast try to answer as best as possible. And because nothing have been decided yet and this is my first time there, what will be written here will have quite an influence and impact to my final decisions.

1. When it comes to SZ I'm still young and I'm very much streetstyle influenced. This means that BBS and DD are what I have the most. Also Rick Owens is really amazing (even though I don't own anything by him yet). I state this fact so that you know this is the kind of brands that I am especially interested in.
                    So, when it comes to the whole shopping and store thing, I know only of two places: Atelier and Barneys that I believe have these brands. Are these places worth visiting? Is there other places better suited for what I am looking for, either flagstores that would be amazing to see or almost even better: some not very well known stores with their own personality? Point is: I'm very open to almost anything that you might throw at me as long as there are good arguments.

2. I read in a book about NYC written by a Danish woman now living there that there are so many fantastic day and nightlife experiences there. She talked about something called 'No lights No Lycra' that sounded really amazing. Anyone have experiences with this or other cool events that a 23 year old might be interested in? Again I'm really open to almost anything. The city is so much bigger and I have this crazy idea that if it's on Earth it's to be found in NYC!

After rewatching this post I can tell that it sound really touristing, for this I am sorry, but I just couldn't think of any place better to ask for some advice! Hope someone can help me out. Thank you so much!
                    Last edited by kuriz; 04-01-2012, 07:50 AM. Reason: minor change

Comment

• laughed
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Ochre View Post
                      Are there any NY camera shops that sell decently designed straps a la Artisan & Artist?
                      just get 'em off eBay. I own 10 or so A&A products and there is simply nothing better.

kuriz - i had a lot of places and things i wanted to do when i first moved to ny. (i visited before but was for work so couldn't really do much) - the first day i moved to ny i was able to accomplish 4 of the 100 or so things I wanted to do. 1.) get wasted at the mars bar 2.) forget where i lived (sublet at the time) 3.) forgetting where i lived, go home with hot argentina number and her friend and do to being wasted perform at about 10 percent. 4.) wake up and realize I am in new york and all plans are not a go!

i still have not been to atelier. it's been a couple years now. wtf.

Comment

• Icarium
                        • Oct 2010

Hrm, don't know anything about NYC. Looking at places to stay via airbnb but not really sure what areas to look for. Any pro tips much appreciated. I think the agenda is pretty much to eat and shop.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Anywhere below 23rd St is fine.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                            Hrm, don't know anything about NYC. Looking at places to stay via airbnb but not really sure what areas to look for. Any pro tips much appreciated. I think the agenda is pretty much to eat and shop.
                            the wythe hotel in williamsburg is taking reservations starting may 1st. bunk beds for two start at $179...

Comment

• Ochre
                              • Sep 2009

Apartment Rental Aux:

The second bedroom in my apartment is opening up on June 1st and I'm starting the search for a roommate early. I thought SZ might be a good source for potential like-minded roommates.

2br ~400sqft on Mulberry St (border of Chinatown + Little Italy)
                              Rent is split evenly @ the ridiculously cheap cost of $1100/month.

• 3rd floor
                              • Brand new gut renovation (I'm the first tenant here since the reno)
                              • Enormous kitchen by NY standards (if you're into that thing — I've used it once)
                              • Window in every room
                              • Adjacent apartment is used by the super (who lives next door) to keep tools so it will never be occupied.
                              • Apartment itself is very quiet and serene as it doesn't face the street.
                              • Roof access with great views of uptown and downtown skyline.
                              • 1min walk to NQR6JZ lines, 5min ACE1
                              • Location hopefully speaks for itself. 3min walk to NoLita, SoHo, LES, TriBeCa...

The Down-low:
                              • The biggest issue is space as your bedroom doesn't have a closet and only has built-in shelving. There is a plumbing pipe clothing rack in the living room for you.
                              • Also, my last roommate didn't have any furniture so I brought all of mine. After collecting for a few years I'm not in any rush to get rid of anything so the apartment is furnished with beautiful mid-century & contemporary stuff but the catch is there is unfortunately no room for anything new (unless you have some sick pieces which we could discuss). Same goes for decor as I like to keep the apartment sparse and open (hopefully you do too).
                              • I'm a very clean person so you have to be too.
                              • I have a cat and although she is extremely friendly and lovable, I don't think she gets along well with other pets so no-go on bringing additional pets.

This apartment might be ideal for a grad student or someone similar who doesn't have a lot of things. As I said, the apartment is fully furnished with my stuff (except for your bedroom of course). And whats mine is yours. I'm a graphic designer, work long hours and aren't home too often. Like most people here, my life is consumed by things like art, music, fashion, design.

PM me if you're at all interested or if you know someone who might be looking. As I said, this isn't available till June so I have some time (not even gonna bother making a CL post yet) but figured I could get the ball rolling here.

I'll leave you with a few images of the living room/kitchen. I don't have any of your bedroom cause I still need to ask the current roommate for an opportunity to shoot.

Comment

• MikeN
                                • Nov 2007

and you never need to worry about Ochre bringing girls home!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎