X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I still think nothing beat Limelight in its heyday.

Anyway, I am more and more considering to make our Black Celebration party a regular (monthly?) event in NYC to provide some antidote to the shitty nightlife here.
    Now that's something I would happily pay for. You can put a stack of the magazines near the bar for people to buy after they've had a few drinks. "How did I end up with 3 copies of volume 4? Oh well, one each for the living room, bedroom, and dining room."

Btw Merry Christmas NY!
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• darkbydesign
      • Sep 2010

^^Please do make a monthly. I haven't been to BC yet, but really want to show up next time. I'm always out of town when it's been in the past.

Yeah, Limelight was legend. Limelight, Tunnel, SF, Twilo all come to mind.

It makes sense that it's impossible to keep a large club running in Manhattan, but it's not just the financial aspects of the business, but the difference in attitude between the club kid of 1995 versus that of the club goer of 2015. Like many cultures, I think it's the internet that really made the difference. These days, there's just no element of surprise. (i.e. people used to wear some creative clubbing outfits and nowadays people preview their attire online and DJs put up eons of mixes such that you've seen all the clothing, heard all the remixes that used to be hard to find white label records, etc etc) Bringing that rouge, unexpected vibe back, sure would be nice. But how?

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

Ha anyone been to the Matisse exhibit or the Kimono one at the Met? planned on seeing Matisse and now want to hit both.

I think they will compliment each other.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
          Bringing that rouge, unexpected vibe back, sure would be nice. But how?
          A new designer drug couldn't hurt. It could be called PCCP.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• gregor
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
            A new designer drug couldn't hurt. It could be called PCCP.

Comment

• rickandjulius
              • Feb 2014

I saw that Atelier is open again. I'm visiting NYC in August and want to get my hands on some of the rarer brands (Ma+, CCP, etc.) can someone be so kind as to tell me their designer stock list?

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                I saw that Atelier is open again. I'm visiting NYC in August and want to get my hands on some of the rarer brands (Ma+, CCP, etc.) can someone be so kind as to tell me their designer stock list?
                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• rickandjulius
                  • Feb 2014

ian+ awesome, thank you.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Deepti, yes, Harnden, no.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

So NY is finally getting an official men's fashion week...
                      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

You should make a new thread out of this.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

some flower shops that might be of interest. sometimes i go to these shops for my weekly fix of exotic stems and botanical oddities.

Polux Fleuriste

It's next to club monaco sandwiched between a coffee shop and strand books. I love this little flower shop. You can get some exotic flowers and botanicals, air plants, wasps nests, jellyfish paperweights, bell jar terrariums,...

Florisity

Another high-end flower shop two blocks from Polux. Sharing space with a hair salon, they have these very cool prickly spine sculptures on their walls and everything that you'd find in a premium flower shop.

Adore Floral

I only come here to browse. It's really expensive for some reason but worth a look. They have a ton of miniature planters.

Comment

• eleves
                            • Sep 2012

Hey endersgame, have you been to Green Fingers? That's probably my favorite and the owner Satoshi is amazing!
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• julian_doe
                              • Mar 2013

Resale/Vintage

My wife and I will be spending a week in New York City this April, and aside from the expected boutiques I am excited to experience (Boris Bidjan Saberi, Atelier, Patron of the New, etc.) I was wondering if any of you could recommend any resale and/or vintage shops where we may be able to find older season garments from Ann D, Yohji,CDG, so on and so forth.

We live in the San Francisco Bay area, and the best store of the sort we have is Sui Generis. Their stock from these niche designers, unfortunately, is very limited. Surely, NYC will have a far greater variety than we are used to!

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated :)

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

INA, especially the Thompson St. Location. And Tokio7.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎