• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Not the first time.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thinbuddha
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Cantara View Post
      I've been there a couple of times. If you go you should try the shrimp Ajillo
      had the paella de valenciana with lobster and the crab-stuffed mushrooms to start. i love the ambience of the place and how attentive the big wait staff was. would dine again!

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

any recommendations for vegetarian friendly options with easy/no reservations mid to downtown area? popping up to NYC this weekend with a friend who is a lacto-ovo vegetarian (aka Indian vegetarian ), cheers guys.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Blossom in Chelsea. It's the only vegan that I find excellent. Ahimsa will no more and I think if you search this thread you'll find his recs.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

cheers E, although I don't think my other companions will be so keen to go full vegan/vegetarian. as long as the restaurants have some reasonable vegetarian options it should be fine.

any new stores worth checking out in the last few months (besides the reopening of ANY)?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

No new stores AFAIK. Don't sleep on Blossom though - I love my meat but the food there is fantastic. I don't know what lacto-ovo vegetarian means and cannot be bothered to look it up, lol.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                • Sep 2012

Just in case you were looking to check out cool shops in general (not just fashion related), nalata nalata (home goods primarily) has a NY shop now and they have some nice things!
                Originally posted by Faust
                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

cheers eleves, I'll be skulking around that area anyway so I'll probably check it out.

lacto-ovo = eggs and dairy are cool. thanks E, I'll definitely give it a go some time.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by dji View Post
                    cheers E, although I don't think my other companions will be so keen to go full vegan/vegetarian. as long as the restaurants have some reasonable vegetarian options it should be fine.

any new stores worth checking out in the last few months (besides the reopening of ANY)?
                    Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    No new stores AFAIK. Don't sleep on Blossom though - I love my meat but the food there is fantastic. I don't know what lacto-ovo vegetarian means and cannot be bothered to look it up, lol.
                    My previous recs can be found here:

As Faust mentioned, Blossom is all around good and right nearby the CDG store that has Kei's work on display right now.

For a hybrid of meat/veg in downtown, Cocoron does soba noodles (two locations downtown) LES area. (they have a vegan section on the menu)

Could always just do Indian on Curry Hill which is basically where Dover Street Market is (they just put up new installations).

Butcher's Daughter in Soho/Nolita is vegetarian but all my omnivore friends love it.
                    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Ahimsa, we should go to Butcher's Daughter next time! Unfortunately, we have to wait until they remove the scaffolding. As a matter of fact I don't know how anyone can tolerate seating on Kenmare street with all that traffic, but New York makes people go through all kinds of contortions and pretend like it's normal

Come to think of it, dji, why not simply have lunch or brunch at Rose Bakery inside the Dover Street Market?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

cheers Ahimsa, actually I was thinking of trying Cocoron (I'm a sucker for any Asian noodle soups).

that could work E, obviously will be hitting up DSM anyway.

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                          • Sep 2013

on my bucket list...haven't been to Whitney in quite some time

Comment

• Arkady
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by d'avant-garde View Post
                            http://whitney.org/Exhibitions/MaryHeilmann

on my bucket list...haven't been to Whitney in quite some time
                            -______-

Chairs.

Comment

• olethomas
                              • Dec 2010

june 13th to 20th. any exhibitions, performances, vernissages or galleries anyone would recommend? staying in bushwick for the week but very portable.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by olethomas View Post
                                june 13th to 20th. any exhibitions, performances, vernissages or galleries anyone would recommend? staying in bushwick for the week but very portable.
                                You missed Bushwick's open studios this weekend :(

My music recs:
                                Shigeto - Sat - 13th (Ghostly International openers)
                                Zola Jesus - Sun - 14th
                                The Acid - Tues - 16th (mostly Ghostly International openers)
                                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎