X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fuck, now I'm hungry. Mike, we should go to Mighty Quinn's next time I get a haircut.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
      • Apr 2011

Y'all ruined me, it's too close to the office not to go right now.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Not underground or a house party, but I've heard Output in BK is good for techno. Never been though, I refuse to pay the cover.

Originally posted by pikkumedkniven View Post
        will be visiting for a week late september, early october.

Also would like to know if there is any good techno/underground house parties around that time.

cheers
        music

Comment

• pikkumedkniven
          • Dec 2010

thanks

so skipping Hometown and going for Mighty Quinn instead, looks really good, that was what i meant with under the radar, really hard for me to find proper places like this, thanks a lot!

EN looks really interesting aswell

i think for sure we will check output, heard good things about it.

Have anybody tried out Rebelle?

Comment

• Arkady
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by casem View Post
            Not underground or a house party, but I've heard Output in BK is good for techno. Never been though, I refuse to pay the cover.
            Output is a great soundsystem but a rather shitty atmosphere, the cover is however worth it if you want to hear music played as it was intended to be heard. It's the best system in New York since the Gary Stewart at District 36 was gutted.

I would skip general Output nights and go for anything the Bunker is doing, this is real New York: https://www.facebook.com/TheBunkerNY?fref=ts

Sometimes the two overlap.

Edit: You could shoot me a message closer to the fact when you get to town and I can point you in the right direction / take you if you want to go to something proper.

Comment

• BlacknWhite
              • Apr 2014

Not really restaurant style, but for cheap good eats when you're downtown, I like Banh Mi Saigon for their Vietnamese sandwiches (Pork or Chicken un toasted) as well as Vanessa's Dumpling House for the pot stickers, sesame pancakes and hot and sour soup.

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Ahh cool, good to know. Maybe I'll give it a try, I am an appreciator of sound

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                Output is a great soundsystem but a rather shitty atmosphere, the cover is however worth it if you want to hear music played as it was intended to be heard. It's the best system in New York since the Gary Stewart at District 36 was gutted.

I would skip general Output nights and go for anything the Bunker is doing, this is real New York: https://www.facebook.com/TheBunkerNY?fref=ts

Sometimes the two overlap.

Edit: You could shoot me a message closer to the fact when you get to town and I can point you in the right direction / take you if you want to go to something proper.
                music

Comment

• pikkumedkniven
                  • Dec 2010

paranioid london

Arkady:
                  will be there when Paranoid london will be paying, that should be really good.
                  been listening to the Mike Servito Bunker podcast which i really liked aswell so that should be cool.

i will send you a dm when we are on our way to see if there's any thing going n thats not listed on RA

thanks for the tips

Comment

• Arkady
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by pikkumedkniven View Post
                    Arkady:
                    will be there when Paranoid london will be paying, that should be really good.
                    been listening to the Mike Servito Bunker podcast which i really liked aswell so that should be cool.

i will send you a dm when we are on our way to see if there's any thing going n thats not listed on RA

thanks for the tips
                    Definitely! I'll be there.

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Fuck, now I'm hungry. Mike, we should go to Mighty Quinn's next time I get a haircut.
                      I'm in.

Comment

• porthidium
                        • Aug 2013

hmmm

i'm deep into the underground nightlife here and i would say that there are good parties here too (i've partied my share in berlin/cph/amsterdam/london/shanghai/hong kong). was anyone here for the tri:angle records anniversary party back in may? that was insane - lotic/bjork/rabit/holy other/evian christ.

i primarily listen to techno (+ search for techno).

if you are lucky and can score sustain release tickets for 9/11 - you can have all your techno dreams fulfilled ~ but guess it rly depends on what you're looking for.
                        @porthidium_

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

I was there, was quite stellar. Especially Haxan Cloak live and Bjork's surprise drum & bass set. Red Bull Music Festival isn't exactly underground but 'underground' is a non-sequitor at this point anyway.

Sustain Release is at a campground upstate for a few days, not really a good venture if you're trying to see the city itself.

Comment

• porthidium
                            • Aug 2013

Ah - the entrance floor was beautiful - i wish they would've let us re-enter the space.

Wasn't saying RBMF was "underground" - but definitely glad to be able to reap the benefits of their enormous capacity to facilitate and enable certain musicians/djs/artists/events here in nyc.

underground is definitely a moot point. agreed
                            @porthidium_

Comment

• Arkady
                              • Apr 2011

But this is the charm of New York in many ways, all of it bleeds together. Granted this often leads to wanton appropriation and a lot of dejected creatives with singular focus.

The space was indeed spectacular, I believe that was the former JP Morgan building. I used to live a few blocks away, probably my favorite apartment here.

Comment

• eleves
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                It won't. There are too many stores in NY. No new store can get a formidable lineup of brands. I don't know what the fuck they are thinking. But, let's see. I'm going to the opening on Sep 10
                                How was the opening and the lineup looking? Very curious as I've always wanted to visit their shop on the other side of the country and I won't have a chance to check out the NY shop this weekend
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎