• Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
    You missed Bushwick's open studios this weekend :(

My music recs:
    Shigeto - Sat - 13th (Ghostly International openers)
    Zola Jesus - Sun - 14th
    The Acid - Tues - 16th (mostly Ghostly International openers)
    That's why it was a nuthouse yesterday! Never seen so many hipsters at once.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• olethomas
      • Dec 2010

You missed Bushwick's open studios this weekend :(
      ahhh i know. and i haven't even read to the exams i'm taking this week. should have gone a week ago. ugh. i like zola and acid! maybe i'll actually see them.

nothing else of importance you'd recommend i'd see?
      ps if there's any new vegan spots (saw the earlier posts) or something alternative cheap meatless to swallow somewhere then please don't hesitate to tell.

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        That's why it was a nuthouse yesterday! Never seen so many hipsters at once.
        They just all came out of the woodwork haha. However, higher hipster density means more vegan vendors for me

Originally posted by olethomas View Post
        ahhh i know. and i haven't even read to the exams i'm taking this week. should have gone a week ago. ugh. i like zola and acid! maybe i'll actually see them.

nothing else of importance you'd recommend i'd see?
        ps if there's any new vegan spots (saw the earlier posts) or something alternative cheap meatless to swallow somewhere then please don't hesitate to tell.
        I'll send you a PM. Maybe someone else has more knowledge of the arts that week? (I'm a music/ food guy)
        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• _AR
          • Oct 2013

Maybe someone else has more knowledge of the arts that week? (I'm a music/ food guy)
          There's some decent stuff on Broadway at the moment (Fun Home,The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time), but I imagine prices will be elevated for a bit due to the Tony's last weekend and the reduced number of show openings at this time of year.

Comment

• thinbuddha
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by _AR View Post
            There's some decent stuff on Broadway at the moment (Fun Home,The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time), but I imagine prices will be elevated for a bit due to the Tony's last weekend and the reduced number of show openings at this time of year.
            i'd highly recommend hand to god - it was incredible. you can also make a night of it by going to the bar lobo and hoping robert askins (the writer) is working.

Comment

• savant
              • Jul 2011

What indoor activities are there for rainy days ?

Friend is over there with her folks atm and been to Metropolitan, American Museum of Natural History and MoMA museum, Madame Tussauds, one Broadway show.

Guess she could go to the suggested Broadway shows as above?

David Zwirner and Gagosian worth checking out ?
              Last edited by savant; 06-14-2015, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• DamageX
                • Dec 2008

Anyone know of a good place to learn how to make metal jewelry in NYC? I'm interested in learning the process and making my own rings necklaces etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• eleves
                  • Sep 2012

Has anyone ever been to Rao's in Harlem? What did you think?
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

HELP: A friend is looking to move his business into an industrial/office space, preferably in Manhattan (the garment district would be ideal), but will consider Brooklyn as well. If you have any leads, please let me know.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Rizzoli just reopened the flagship bookstore on 1133 Broadway.
                      Last edited by Ahimsa; 08-03-2015, 05:10 PM.
                      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Ooooh, a must!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Totokaelo opening here in September, wonder what that will bring to the retail landscape
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• gregor
                            • Oct 2014

hopefully a well designed store. the cap hill location in seattle is one of the cooler stores i've set foot in. their stock is unique and great for seattle, but in ny i don't think it'll be anything game-changing.

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

Rizzoli just reopened the flagship bookstore on 1133 Broadway.
                              http://rizzolibookstore.com/news/
                              Their staff is super friendly with a wealth of knowledge.

Comment

• eleves
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                                hopefully a well designed store. the cap hill location in seattle is one of the cooler stores i've set foot in. their stock is unique and great for seattle, but in ny i don't think it'll be anything game-changing.
                                I agree in terms of architecture/store design. I've never been to the store but I've always liked what I saw from pictures of it! Always exciting having something new open up, regardless of whether what it carries can be found elsewhere. However; Totokaelo does have some pretty good buys so I'm definitely intrigued

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎