X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam_tem
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by resonaut View Post
    Really liking Crysis 2, look beautiful and doesn't kill my iMac.
    glad to see i'm not the only one keeping up with the new stuff. got a ps3 for me and the kiddo last november and i've been hooked ever since. i really enjoyed what i had played yesterday of crysis 2. graphics are great as you say and it's just so much better than your average shooter with more intelligent/reactive AI opponents, lots of interaction with surroundings, and multiple ways of engaging/avoiding battles. i only played one round on the multiplayer so far and can't say i was impressed with the way it came together. i'll have to hold out hope until i explore the MP options more, but right now i don't see myself coming back to it for that (especially after having just recently found out the awesomeness of KZ3's MP). this game definitely stands apart from all the typical FPS games in that it's just so much fun to traipse around a demolished NYC acting as a predator (i like to ignore the high-tech suit stuff and try to think of myself as the predator from aliens). feels more like infamous than COD.

i've been able to take advantage of amazon's deals and have been able to play through all the big new games without losing more than a few bucks, if any, on buying and selling them. LBP 2, dead space 2, MvC3, KZ3, homefront, crysis 2 and the upcoming list just goes on and on for this year. don't know if this is what a typical year is like for gamers, but i've had a blast with all these and will have to find a way to cut back my growing addiction.

Comment

• MWNN
      Banned
      • Mar 2011

Played MK9 demo ! remember old days, played on sega all day long.
      MK9 - Mortal Kombat will be available in April.

Comment

• munch
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
        Megaman 9 is insane. I completed Megaman 2 on NES decades ago, but didn't manage a single level of this one.
        did either of you try I Wanna Be The Guy? talk about ridiculously hard! but I do agree megaman 9 is hard. first megaman game is pretty hard too. played it and the 2nd one a few weeks ago on my NES. the music is so good!

Comment

• Fenix
          • Aug 2010

I just played through a bit of Crysis 2 in 3D. I was hesitant about 3D gaming but this is quite impressive.

I'll be picking up GT5 this weekend to play with the kid...or at least that's my excuse for now.
          Originally posted by hausofblaq
          Grow up.

Comment

• MWNN
            Banned
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post
            I just played through a bit of Crysis 2 in 3D. I was hesitant about 3D gaming but this is quite impressive.

I'll be picking up GT5 this weekend to play with the kid...or at least that's my excuse for now.
            Johhny
            I played GT5 and was very dissapointed =(
            Graphics and controls made this game like you are sitting on the small boat instead of a sport car.
            Waiting fot NFS shift2 I think it will be much better.

About crysis 2 didnt play it in 3d but in 2d i like it too. Great game.

Comment

• Fenix
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by MWNN View Post
              Johhny
              I played GT5 and was very dissapointed =(
              Graphics and controls made this game like you are sitting on the small boat instead of a sport car.
              Waiting fot NFS shift2 I think it will be much better.

About crysis 2 didnt play it in 3d but in 2d i like it too. Great game.
              I've heard that you really need to tweak the settings in GT5. I may actually hold off after reading a few reviews.

I just noticed that Uncharted 3 will be 3D as well. That should be quite the experience. Only 8 months out.
              Originally posted by hausofblaq
              Grow up.

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

GT5 is all about the grinding
                Lost 3 months of my life so I can now say i have every car in the game (except 20 random shit cars)
                Aspec lv40 Bspec 38. Since I've reached 40 I haven't used the g25.
                I still can't figure out why I did it
                Grailed link

Comment

• MWNN
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                  GT5 is all about the grinding
                  Lost 3 months of my life so I can now say i have every car in the game (except 20 random shit cars)
                  Aspec lv40 Bspec 38. Since I've reached 40 I haven't used the g25.
                  I still can't figure out why I did it
                  lol

I really dont see big difference from GT1/2 from ps1/2.
                  I even like GT on ps1/2 much better than this GT5!

you opened all cars ? wow , you really have patience !

Uncharted 3 gonna be sweet, i remember how i played uncharted 2 and cant get off from the screen ! I cant remember any game that controls me so much

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

GT5 was really disappointing. I spent well over 1k hours on the previous GT games, playing GT4 the most. GT5 just doesn't feel as real as Forza 3 - the physics, the steering, etc. Sure it's real, but in a different (and inferior) sense. The car environments are great (shadows and sun), but other than that, I can't think of any way where it even matches Forza 3. The cars sound generic, all a little tinny, with no real character or distinction. Howcome a big-block pushrod V8 with headers and straight pipes sounds like a high-revving inline 4? Forza 3 is much, much more visceral, and I think even more accurate in the way cars sound, the way the powerband feels, the way cars transitions between corners, and the way each car is characteristically different. As a Porsche fan, I'm really disappointed GT5 only has a select few RUFs, the most modern being an Mk.1 996., and you can't get interior views because they're used cars. Plus Forza 3 has a world more of tuning options, but even if it didn't, it'd still be a better (not only more fun, but more accurate) game than GT5. Gameplay on GT5 isn't even that fun. Forza 3's not perfect, but I'm surprised by how much better it is than GT5 - as an avid Gran Turismo fan, I was really hoping GT5 would match Forza, but it just fails to deliver on many fronts. It just feels like a PS3 version of GT4, not the entirely new game it was touted to be.

Comment

• MWNN
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                      GT5 was really disappointing. I spent well over 1k hours on the previous GT games, playing GT4 the most. GT5 just doesn't feel as real as Forza 3 - the physics, the steering, etc. Sure it's real, but in a different (and inferior) sense. The car environments are great (shadows and sun), but other than that, I can't think of any way where it even matches Forza 3. The cars sound generic, all a little tinny, with no real character or distinction. Howcome a big-block pushrod V8 with headers and straight pipes sounds like a high-revving inline 4? Forza 3 is much, much more visceral, and I think even more accurate in the way cars sound, the way the powerband feels, the way cars transitions between corners, and the way each car is characteristically different. As a Porsche fan, I'm really disappointed GT5 only has a select few RUFs, the most modern being an Mk.1 996., and you can't get interior views because they're used cars. Plus Forza 3 has a world more of tuning options, but even if it didn't, it'd still be a better (not only more fun, but more accurate) game than GT5. Gameplay on GT5 isn't even that fun. Forza 3's not perfect, but I'm surprised by how much better it is than GT5 - as an avid Gran Turismo fan, I was really hoping GT5 would match Forza, but it just fails to deliver on many fronts. It just feels like a PS3 version of GT4, not the entirely new game it was touted to be.
                      Great Review
                      As for me i really liked NFS shift , dynamic and everything was great. Looking forward for Shift2 cause i saw previews and its was awesome. Graphics sometimes seems so real that you cant see the difference. Controls, steering, dynamic , physics everything is nice.

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

bummer about GT5. i've been playing with some older racers (burnout paradise, midnight club: LA) and need to get something more recent but i'm just planning on getting NFS: Hot Pursuit. guess i need see what shift 2 will be all about.

finished crysis 2 last night and i had blast with the game. so used to short single player campaigns that the game just felt like it kept going on and on with no end. the whole thing was great and i've enjoyed the multiplayer a lot more after giving it some playing time. gotta get rid of it for some newer upcoming games though, someone let me know if they want to pick up for ps3: $44 shipped and like new.

Comment

• MWNN
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                          bummer about GT5. i've been playing with some older racers (burnout paradise, midnight club: LA) and need to get something more recent but i'm just planning on getting NFS: Hot Pursuit. guess i need see what shift 2 will be all about.

finished crysis 2 last night and i had blast with the game. so used to short single player campaigns that the game just felt like it kept going on and on with no end. the whole thing was great and i've enjoyed the multiplayer a lot more after giving it some playing time. gotta get rid of it for some newer upcoming games though, someone let me know if they want to pick up for ps3: $44 shipped and like new.
                          is it worth buying ? (crysis 2).

Comment

• sam_tem
                            • Apr 2007

for sure, you can always watch the gameplay on youtube and check the reviews:

First-person shooter Crysis returns powered by CryEngline 3 and is coming to PS3 and Xbox 360, as well as the PC.

don't want to get all fanboy, but the gameplay options are a lot of fun and watching NYC crumble around you is definitely memorable. multiplayer is a nice alternative and good fun too, just give it a while to get used to the cloaking.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                              Megaman 9 is insane. I completed Megaman 2 on NES decades ago, but didn't manage a single level of this one.
                              Go for Galaxy Man first, his level is by far the easiest. Took me maybe 5 continues to finish him.

9 is definitely the hardest Megaman game ever. I got into the series by playing 2 on the Game Boy many years ago and can pretty much do a perfect run even today (plus it has one of the best video game songs ever), but 9 is just on another level of difficulty. 10 is also crazy difficult, but I found it a bit easier. But maybe that's just because I got used to playing Megaman again.
                              Originally posted by jogu
                              i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• ES3K
                                • Oct 2008

I agree, Megaman 10 was at least playable somehow... while 9, well... insane! And IIRC, you get 5 Gamerscore points on Xbox 360 for completing the game, anyone who gets this achievement deserves a million points! But thanks for the hint, will give Galaxy Man a try. Maybe I'm just getting old and impatient...

However, If there ever will be Megaman 11, Capcom should think about Braid's rewind feature.

PS This is nice, Megaman boss fight music remix project: http://museum.ocremix.org/
                                Last edited by ES3K; 03-30-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎