Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

omg yes , lol @ frank carryin all those giant stuffed animals . i need to get my xbox fixed asap

Comment

• ES3K
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by jogu View Post
      i need to get my xbox fixed asap
      RROD suckz.

Comment

• jogu
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
        RROD suckz.
        yup u too ? idk what the fuck happend it was fine for like 3 yrs and then like maybe 2 mos ago bam outta nowhere i got the rrod , i did the " fix " where u stick toothpix in the back fans and it did work but i got so fuckin angry that it kept doin it that i left the picks in there for like 10 mins or so to punish it and now it wont work at all . i think i burned somethin inside cos soon as i turn the xbox on the fan kicks in on ultrablast speed even tho the machine hasnt been used in weeks

Comment

• ES3K
          • Oct 2008

My launch console lasted about 4-5 yrs and I thought it's RROD immune -- and then.... RROD! Thanks to extended warranty I got a replacement Xbox... which lasted about 3 months until next RROD. Was annoyed and running out of HD space anyway and bought me the S or 250 gig version then, which runs fine (and a lot less noisy).

BTW, currently playing latest Fallout NV DLC, Lonesome Road. Quite like it so far.

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
            yup u too ? idk what the fuck happend it was fine for like 3 yrs and then like maybe 2 mos ago bam outta nowhere i got the rrod , i did the " fix " where u stick toothpix in the back fans and it did work but i got so fuckin angry that it kept doin it that i left the picks in there for like 10 mins or so to punish it and now it wont work at all . i think i burned somethin inside cos soon as i turn the xbox on the fan kicks in on ultrablast speed even tho the machine hasnt been used in weeks
            One of my friends thought he fried his like this but was able to do a hard reset or something on it and it's still holding strong. I'll check to see what he did. Worth a shot for you at this point.
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• tron
              • Dec 2010

RROD is caused by some solder detaching generally. You can actually open up the box and reapply some cold solder to the place and it'll run fine. That's the only fix I've ever needed to use other than buying a ps3.

It's a little intimidating but actually quite easy...
              "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• howhighthemoon
                • Dec 2010

Just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution and really enjoyed it. At a bit of a loss as to what to play now. Played Fifa 11 today but it annoyed me as I just want to play 12.

Comment

• tron
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by howhighthemoon View Post
                  Just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution and really enjoyed it. At a bit of a loss as to what to play now. Played Fifa 11 today but it annoyed me as I just want to play 12.
                  There's dlc coming soon. The did the boss fight in house for it too (they outsourced the others to another company) and you can actually not kill him. I'm really excited for that but Dark Souls comes out in a few weeks and that's my most anticipated game of this year.
                  "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• howhighthemoon
                    • Dec 2010

I just read about the dlc yesterday, I'm really looking forward to it.

I hadn't heard of Dark souls, I'm looking it up now and it looks good, thanks!

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by howhighthemoon View Post
                      I hadn't heard of Dark souls, I'm looking it up now and it looks good, thanks!
                      prepare to rage.

Comment

• tron
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by volta View Post
                        prepare to rage.
                        No kidding. When I first bought this game I wanted to return it after four hours of constant dying. Through perseverance and patience I was able to actually stumble through the first level and instantly fell in love with the game.

Comment

• volta
                          • May 2009

i love matsuno and his stories full of political backstabbing.
                          sakimoto on the sountrack is fucking awesome & translation by o. smith is spot on. this trio takes me back to the older days with vagrant story etc..

Last edited by volta; 09-26-2011, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• eleven crows
                            • Mar 2011

only just got a ps3. haven't had a console since the old gc and ps2. got dead rising 2, god of war collection, demon souls and yakuza 3. pretty open to suggestions for other games when the time comes. lookin to pick up dark souls when it comes out.

only completed god of war 2 (it owned) and played a bit of dead rising 2 and demon souls. geez. kinda feel like i've been missing out. both are awesome. demon souls is pushin me to object dye my playstation tho. one millionth death on first level checklist achieved.

Comment

• tron
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post
                              only just got a ps3. haven't had a console since the old gc and ps2. got dead rising 2, god of war collection, demon souls and yakuza 3. pretty open to suggestions for other games when the time comes. lookin to pick up dark souls when it comes out.

only completed god of war 2 (it owned) and played a bit of dead rising 2 and demon souls. geez. kinda feel like i've been missing out. both are awesome. demon souls is pushin me to object dye my playstation tho. one millionth death on first level checklist achieved.
                              RE: Demon souls - Start as the Royal and just spam the hell out of the spell you start with. It makes the first few levels / bosses way easier.

How's Yakuza? I've been curious about that title for a while.

Comment

• volta
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by eleven crows View Post

ico/shadow of the colossus collection
                                uncharted 1&2 (soon 3)
                                final fantasy xiii (major disappointment compared to the other ff's but worthwile for the battle system, graphics and hamauzu soundtrack.)
                                tales of graces f (early 2012)
                                ni no kuni (early 2012)
                                the last guardian (late 2012)

that's a few. is your ps3 backwards compatible?

also look into the wii and see if that interest you. it's cheap enough with lots of gems to be had.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎