• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tron
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by volta View Post
    ico/shadow of the colossus collection
    uncharted 1&2 (soon 3)
    final fantasy xiii (major disappointment compared to the other ff's but worthwile for the battle system, graphics and hamauzu soundtrack.)
    tales of graces f (early 2012)
    ni no kuni (early 2012)
    the last guardian (late 2012)
    +1 on this list. All great titles.
    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• volta
      • May 2009

add resident evil 6 somewhere . seriously surprised it did not get announced at tokyo game show. maybe for the better considering how shitty capcom has been this generation. that being said, it doesn't matter though as they are surely working on it right now.

Comment

• tron
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by volta View Post
        add resident evil 6 somewhere . seriously surprised it did not get announced at tokyo game show. maybe for the better considering how shitty capcom has been this generation. that being said, it doesn't matter though as they are surely working on it right now.
        It'd better actually be frightening. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City doesn't look like it will be scary at all.
        "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• volta
          • May 2009

it's been said to get a reboot from 4&5, hopefully back to horror*. while the former is still godly to this day, the same can't be said about the latter, despite its promising early footage. just too much shallow action.

*revelations for the 3ds is doing just that.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

I think 4 and 5 were scary (before you got a lot of weapons) in that sort of frantic "holy shit holy shit I need to reload I'm going to jump out the window but there's guys out there." also, the co-op was a ton of fun.
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• volta
              • May 2009

co-op was fun, albeit obviously added late in development and therefore never reached its full potential. remember during the first reveal how small chris looked? in the final game he turned into some steroid douche -- how else would he be able to punch a freaking giant boulder?

remake (gamecube) is the best. if you haven't; play it NOW.

Comment

• Calimero
                • Jul 2010

I just can't wait to play BF3, i think my life will stop after buying this game.

Comment

• tron
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Calimero View Post
                  I just can't wait to play BF3, i think my life will stop after buying this game.
                  I've played the beta on ps3 and so far it's really fun. Only a few more days until it becomes an open beta too.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

finally gave in and got codblack ops . its fun like it alot , not as super special fun size beast like all the hype made it out to be , is nice to get a diff era tho , i love modern warfare but also missed the older scenerio stuff too . kinda laggy tho mite just be my weak pc setup even with settings turned way down

Comment

• sam_tem
                      • Apr 2007

if anyone's looking for a good co-op driving game for the year i'd recommend Driver SF. has a good arcade feel and i like how it's easy to oversteer and makes you put a little more effort into the driving. the city is really large (seems bigger than midnight club) and the kid and I have a blast following each other around causing mayhem and setting up massive jumps with the car carriers. definitely a lot more to do and see than what Dirt 3 offered.

that blazblu game mentioned earlier is under $20 on amazon and is good times too, gotta love the japanese animation games.

edit: and OMG, just saw the shadow of colossus re-release is in 3D, that makes it totally worth playing through all over again.

Comment

• sam_tem
                        • Apr 2007

and i've been enjoying dead island like everyone else. i like how it lets you have fun and savor the kill which you can't do in dead rising. maybe it's just me, but every now and then my guy starts throwing weapons (not in fury mode) when i don't want him too and in tense situations i die and lose all my weapons and just get pissed off and quit.

maybe one of my controllers is just screwed

Comment

• tron
                          • Dec 2010

I have black ops for the ps3 and really dug it at first but it got old for me.
                          I think I'm just over COD as a series as its purely run n gun. It's definitely a sick game to zone out and play with friends though. I'm just waiting on bf3 though for those crazy 64 player matches.

I was able to get a copy of Dark Souls a bit early (Although it's out now) and oh my it's everything I wanted and more. I love Demon Souls in fact I was playing it up until the release or Dark Souls. They're both very difficult games but I'd say Dark Souls more so. I'd really recommend picking up either if you have the chance (360 owners can grab Dark but not Demon)
                          Just be prepared to hate the game and maybe break a controller or two. Once you get the hang of it and learn how to play (very slowly and carefully) it's really enjoyable and quite an immersive experience.

Comment

• Zenith
                            • Jun 2009

My god they weren't kidding when they said dark souls was harder than demon's souls. I mean after the initial 4 hour learning curve Demon souls wasn't that difficult due to rolling/magic but none of that is in Dark souls. Magic can only be charged at checkpoints, rolling isn't as easy, controls are stiffer, enemies are far more aggressive and change up attack patterns. Not to mention they actually chase you this time round. I'm at the gargoyles now and I'm so woefully under prepared even the normal hollows are killing me if I'm not careful. So far its awe inspiring frustration, but I'm assuming it will get better.

Comment

• volta
                              • May 2009

king's field series/shadow tower (predecessors) are much better than dark souls, how come no one played those?

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                              that blazblu game mentioned earlier is under $20 on amazon and is good times too, gotta love the japanese animation games.
                              yes, prefer guilty gear though.
                              "heaven or hell, let's rock."

Comment

• Zenith
                                • Jun 2009

Because they aren't available for current consoles, nor were they that widely available to start with, at least not nearly on the same level as the souls series. Not hugely into kings field tbh but I'd love to see another shadow tower on current consoles.

Would also like to see another GG game that isn't an X variant (overture does not count)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎