Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

man i need a gaming pc just for all the cool skyrim mods.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• tron
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by volta View Post
      it's a shame the market has no interest in a survival horror RE with exploration, puzzles and where you store items in a box. hell, even another RE4 would do but this abomination & hybrid is not even close to it. i wonder what mikami thinks :)

crapcom
      Ah I've yet to watch any videos for it. I'm sad to hear they're bastardizing it in such a way. RE5 was bleh so I was hoping they'd return to the scarier more survival based gameplay but I take it they aren't
      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• volta
        • May 2009

Comment

• Zenith
          • Jun 2009

Still, it's nowhere near as bad as what is happening to devil may cry. I'll give it a shot, but I'm skeptical. Even the hated RE5 wasn't that bad, just dull compared to what came before.

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

will also buy cause i'm a sucker, but only used. don't want them to gain a sale on unmemorable trash.

Comment

• volta
              • May 2009

page of the ost's

Comment

• tron
                • Dec 2010

I assume it's coming out for pc at some point so I will *ahem* get it that way.
                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• volta
                  • May 2009

i must say revelations is impressive. obviously with a handheld they felt able to experiment with it more than if it was supposed to be another mainstream hit in hd. the atmosphere is really there and it reminds slightly of the older biohazards. well, more than any recent game. unfortunately there are some dudebro-scenarios, totally kills it. 6 will probably remind alot of this one, with jill having slower gameplay (leon) with horror elements while the rest are straight up shooters (yay and nay). anyone else got it?

Comment

• Zenith
                    • Jun 2009

I do like the episodic concept of the game, reminds me of the Siren remake.

I refuse to buy a 3DS until the new one comes out (whenever that may be), complete with built in second analogue and not that battery powered chunk of plastic. Not owning 3d land is pretty painful.

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

the episodic system does fit for the system but it's neither particularly good nor especially bad. everything works perfectly fine without a second stick, btw. though naturally having another one would be sweet. get the system now then sell it after the announcement but before the casuals find out about a revision?

yes, i really miss horror games.. the vita will have a very diverse library with lots of experimentation and hopefully there will be a few good from that genre in particular. if it wasn't for the handhelds, where the japanese goodness will reside, i'd probably quit most gaming.. this hd business has sadly destroyed it.

Comment

• Zenith
                        • Jun 2009

I just know that if I do buy the original 3ds, I'll get lazy and not bother to upgrade later, just like I did for the GBA/DS/PSP...

What I miss the most about the non HD generation was the sheer amount of lower budget sleeper hits you could get (JPN and western). Xbox live/PSN network games still aren't at that level yet to fill in the void. Every game has to make dude-bro levels of sales to warrant it's funding. It's things like this which makes people cling on to TERRIBLE TERRIBLE games like deadly premonition, like it's the last bastion of all non mainstream games. The HD generation hasn't ruined gaming for me, but it sure has made me more narrow minded.

Speaking of horror titles, I saw Shinrei Camera for the 3ds on youtube. I might be missing something, but it just looked like a showcase for the hardware.

Unrelated note: Currently playing El Shaddai. What a gorgeous, atmospheric, but ultimately empty and dull game.

Comment

• tron
                          • Dec 2010

I played the demo for that game and was like oh this could be fun, I wonder what the other weapons are like? Only to learn that there were only the three weapons available in the demo in the actual game. It's gorgeous looking but really seems like it should have been a downloadable title.

Comment

• volta
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by tron View Post
                            I played the demo for that game and was like oh this could be fun, I wonder what the other weapons are like? Only to learn that there were only the three weapons available in the demo in the actual game. It's gorgeous looking but really seems like it should have been a downloadable title.
                            ??????? it has handguns, shotguns, rifles, smgs, launchers, knife, accessories. it's a 4gb cart, instead of the 2gb they wanted to use for the release LOL. capcom should definitely be awarded by this good behaviour. buy it.

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                            I just know that if I do buy the original 3ds, I'll get lazy and not bother to upgrade later, just like I did for the GBA/DS/PSP...
                            DO IT!! not worth waiting a year. then again, the library is not that huge yet but would you really want to miss paper mario and luigi's mansion 2?!

edit: you're right, get the vita instead!
                            Last edited by volta; 01-30-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

Anyone has played the demo about The Darkness II ? I could play it with a friend on his PS3. The game look pretty awesome and i'm glad to see, it will be release on computer. As a fan of the comic, i never get the opportunity for play the first one.

Comment

• sinnedk
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2011

Anyone here try Dark Souls? I've passed both dark souls and demons souls and those have been some of the best games i've ever played, super hard and unforgiving! They forced me to keep Arkham City and Skyrim wrapped.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎