Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tron
    • Dec 2010

I'm a fan of TES as well but the mmo looks generic and bland. Also SWOTR has been pretty poorly reviewed so my hopes aren't very high.
    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• rudo
      • Feb 2009

I'm in this line. Played to battlenet crashed last night and I'm eager to go home to play after work. I don't think I'll play as much as I did on D2 days which almost caused me not getting into college, but yeah, it's still fun.

It's simpler than D2, easy to play but of course fun, but blizzard do suck at maintaining their servers..

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
      D3, yeah, i guess i'm enjoying it. i got it purely for nostalgia. it's true to the prior versions in terms of play. i don't really play enough games to tell what's good or bad....

Comment

• Yes. Scrolls isn't mmo universe, can't imaging it.

Comment

• tron
          • Dec 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FPPu_c7RsY interests me more than TES mmo

also this:
          Last edited by tron; 05-16-2012, 04:18 PM.
          "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
            • Apr 2011

Tell me people are pumped for max payne 3?!!

Comment

• droussin
              • Oct 2011

is anyone excited for Dragon's Dogma? I had at first expected a sort of pale imitation of aspects of skyrim and Dark Souls but after playing the demo I actually really enjoyed the combat and the tone of the game, and im glad it gave you a party as opposed to the mostly solo experience of skyrim and the overwhelming loneliness of Dark Souls
              what is black?
              an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
              -Martin Margiela

Comment

• tron
                • Dec 2010

I am really excited for dragons dogma although since its capcom I'm definitely waiting to buy it used. They've been doing pretty bad as of late...

Comment

• Originally posted by Urbaninstitution View Post
                  Tell me people are pumped for max payne 3?!!
                  McClane 3, if I understand trailers correctly

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                    Who's up to upcoming Elders Scrolls online?)

Tron? Patroklus?

Do we need a uberniche-sz-commad in daedric armor?)
                    TES Online isn't being developed by Bethesda. It's being developed by a new studio formed by the parent company, Zenimax, who apparently actually has the rights to The Elder Scrolls. Either way, doesn't look good. MMOs won't be appealing to me until they stop chasing after WoW's established model.

One of the big draws of The Elder Scrolls is the associated lore, which has sprung in large part from the mind of Michael Kirkbride, the mad genius who brought us the concept of Chim and the dual-gendered and dual-racial false god Vivec who uses the command console to cheat at the game that he's a character in. Kirkbride has had less influence over the games since Morrowind, and almost none in Skyrim, and while Skyrim still has a pretty interesting game world I feel that the series is definitely the worse without him. But, without any of the people in Bethesda Softworks who make The Elder Scrolls what it is, TES Online isn't going to have the appealing game world that really makes the series.

I started playing Daggerfall. It's a fantastic game, at least after you tweak the UI to resemble a more modern game. Crazy hard too. Peeps keep giving me quests I can't even complete. Shit's cray. The overmap is admittedly a little bland, I've spent some time riding around in the wilderness and haven't found much to make it compelling. It's closer to a dungeon crawler, and the randomized dungeons are fucking great. The newer Elder Scrols dungeons ain't got shit on these.

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

speaking of kinect star wars.. what?

Comment

• volta
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by droussin View Post
                        Dragon's Dogma
                        fuck them.

In 2009, a twenty-something female joined Osaka-based game developer Capcom. The new employee was assigned to a couple of different games before becoming a member of the team developing Dragon's Dogma, Capcom's upcoming big budget title.

At first things were good. But by that December, things got awful—really awful. According to a recently released lawsuit, the new employee apparently felt so bullied at Capcom that she tried to take her own life.

A senior female employee was assigned to the Dragon's Dogma team, and this senior employee apparently made the young woman's life miserable. Her new boss supposedly reprimanded only her at meetings and assigned the young woman impossible tasks with zero instructions on how to complete them.

In the court filing, the senior employee's behavior was described as "irrational" and "repeated". The young employee felt isolated on the Dragon's Dogma team.

The young employee thought the best way she could help Capcom was to create a database to help internal game development become more efficient. It was a huge project, and the young employee's superiors signed off on the project, realizing how important it could be. She thought by creating the database, she could show her worth to the Dragon's Dogma team. In addition to her regular work, the young employee slogged away on the database, working every day in July and August 2010 well into the night.

Then, suddenly, on October 6, 2010, the young woman was yanked from the Dragon's Dogma team. The database was reassigned to another department. Her boss apparently said, "Even if the database is a success, you are worthless to the team."

Between October 20 and November 4, two other superiors began attempting to get the young employee to quit, saying "she's problematic", "she abandons her work", "she skips meetings", and "her ideas stink". It got so bad that the young employee supposedly went to Capcom's HR claiming harassment. HR did nothing.

The harassment did not stop. It got worse and worse until November 11 of that year when the woman sought medical help and was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. And on December 10, the young employee took time off of work. She was depressed and dejected, and she took a large quantity of sleeping pills, antidepressants, and cold medicine in hopes of killing herself. The young woman slept for four days, but thankfully, she did not die.

Even after her mental and physical health improved and even after she finished rehabilitation, there were those at Capcom who apparently did everything possible to make sure she couldn't work, by insisting she had not recovered, suspending her, and ultimately dismissing the employee.

The young woman is currently taking Capcom to court over the incident.
                        source (don't click unless necessary, hate this site.)

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

Tried Dragon's Dogma demo yesterday whit my buddy. I found the interface very rough even we can personalize it. The fights was a little but untidy and graphics not great. It's my opinion.
                          Anyways, the character creation is just perfect. Lot of possibilities.
                          For me is simple, I don't have any consoles. :D

Comment

• Zenith
                            • Jun 2009

Volta, your avatar. Lan Di, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.

Comment

• droussin
                              • Oct 2011

Yeah i read that article. What a terrible experience for that woman, reading that did really make me question my interest in the game with such a gross story of mistreatment attached to it
                              what is black?
                              an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
                              -Martin Margiela

Comment

• volta
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by droussin View Post
                                Yeah i read that article. What a terrible experience for that woman, reading that did really make me question my interest in the game with such a gross story of mistreatment attached to it
                                well, you could try to get a used copy.

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                                Volta, your avatar. Lan Di, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
                                indeed. did you play sonic 4 episode 2 by the way? not too bad. sonic colors on the wii and generations ps3/360 also.. feels like sega has improved a lot over the last 2 years other than those few gems such as pole's big adventure or any of their arcades..

(virtua fighter 5 in june!)

edit: check out super hang-on on the virtual console.
                                Last edited by volta; 05-20-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎