X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

well, theres all sorts of medication. some are stronger, some more gentle, some help falling asleep, others help sustain sleep.. generally, mild ones wont give you a "hangover" if you take them at the proper time (ie not 5 hours before you need to be up).

its of course always better to avoid medication if possible, but I don't see a problem in very occasional use of it if really helps
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

And they all have the potential for addiction. Not to mention wonky side effects like sleep eating/walking.

Although, sleeping for only 2 hours a night for 22 consecutive days is pretty extreme. Maybe try natural supplements first, like melatonin. Or, just see a Dr. because I don't think any of us have MD's.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• munch
        • Aug 2008

how the fuck can I stop worrying about my future...?! I feel anxious like hell about it. I need to get a life. I don't do shit during the weekdays and going out is just lame here where I live. I should start going to the gym again but I have to take the bus to go to the gym... I need some motivation, my life is getting depressing. same pattern like every week and it's just boring boring boring boring....

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by munch View Post
          how the fuck can I stop worrying about my future...?! I feel anxious like hell about it. I need to get a life. I don't do shit during the weekdays and going out is just lame here where I live. I should start going to the gym again but I have to take the bus to go to the gym... I need some motivation, my life is getting depressing. same pattern like every week and it's just boring boring boring boring....
          Thinking about the future does not equal worrying about it.
          Everything ends - the good periods and the bad periods. Everything is flux and flow. And you have nothing to lose buy your own insecurities.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I think Kylie Minogue is a vampire. How else can she look so good now? She just doesn't age.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
              • Aug 2008

yeah, I hope and suppose you're right. it's not like I haven't been in a mood like this before. but I graduated highschool in spring and it's like.. time to move on with life, feels like a big decision but really it shouldn't be? I do look forward to getting my own place and start living my own life... maybe a bit too much? I cna't get my head straight at the moment and it's really bothering me... well I should stop being a whiny bitch and just man the fuck up or osmething.. thanks Faust

Comment

• stereophobic
                • Aug 2009

yeah, I hope and suppose you're right. it's not like I haven't been in a mood like this before. but I graduated highschool in spring and it's like.. time to move on with life, feels like a big decision but really it shouldn't be? I do look forward to getting my own place and start living my own life... maybe a bit too much? I cna't get my head straight at the moment and it's really bothering me... well I should stop being a whiny bitch and just man the fuck up or osmething.. thanks Faust
                Don't get stuck in a rut! If you're moving out, you must be doing some form of work to pay the rent and bills. If you just graduated high school, you must be thinking of higher education in the near future. If you're going to the gym again, you might want a certain body weight or physique.

Set goals and just keep having a go at it, hopefully you'll look back one day and laugh about the times when you felt lost.
                An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• stereophobic
                  • Aug 2009

If you're just looking to tone up there is no reason why you can't do it at home, a 50kg adjustable dumbbell set would serve most purposes alongside bodyweight exercises and cardio is really just jogging/cycling etc. which you can do anywhere.

However the question is whether should to do this all at home. Sure enough you don't have to take the bus to the gym, but are you sure staying at home more is what's best for you?

Comment

• munch
                    • Aug 2008

well I just thought I might get away cheaper by doing it at home, but I guess it would be nice to get away from home more often

Comment

• dolochov
                      • Aug 2009

If you decide to work out at home, make sure to inform yourself about the basic rules of exercising since there's no coach around to check your execution or your work out plan. Especially wrong execution of exercises including dumbbells can do more harm than good to your body.
                      But yeah, maybe getting out of your house and meeting new people in the gym may be exactly what you need now. Many gyms offer trail days so that you can check if this whole thing makes fun.

Comment

• stereophobic
                        • Aug 2009

^ Couldn't have said it better.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dolochov View Post
                          If you decide to work out at home, make sure to inform yourself about the basic rules of exercising since there's no coach around to check your execution or your work out plan. Especially wrong execution of exercises including dumbbells can do more harm than good to your body.
                          well the same applies if going to a gym, I don't think a majority of people use personal trainers. I see people doing things the wrong way all the time...

munch, your situation sounds like something many people go through at a certain point, so I don't think you should worry too much.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

well I just thought I might get away cheaper by doing it at home, but I guess it would be nice to get away from home more often
                            I have a gym membership that I probably only use once every week or two. I meet with my trainer and update my workout regimen. But, when I was unemployed for a bit (2005 I think), I found that going to the gym regularly really helped add a bit of structure and variance to my life. If you're currently not working, and it won't mean you starve, it is probably worth the money to get a gym membership.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• jcotteri
                              • Jun 2008

An electromagnetic black hole has been built in a lab – and may one day be adapted to generate limitless solar energy even on a cloudy day

interesting that this has come to fruition
                              WTB: This

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                                • Sep 2009

munch, cooking is a good way to pass the time. since you will be moving out on your own, now would be a good time to practice your cooking skills, look up a few of your favorite recipes online and get cooking!
                                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎