• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    I wouldnt put the and 45rpm in the same category,

LUC is more serius, more severe (albeit relaxed) and far more artisanal than 45rpm
    I think his point is that 45rpm is meant to be worn in and to benefit from being worn in, and that their shit is utterly indestructible. I think the point is that, if you're paying practically ruinous prices for clothing, it helps quite a lot if the clothing is well enough made to last until you feel like it was a good purchase.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
      I think his point is that 45rpm is meant to be worn in and to benefit from being worn in, and that their shit is utterly indestructible. I think the point is that, if you're paying practically ruinous prices for clothing, it helps quite a lot if the clothing is well enough made to last until you feel like it was a good purchase.

this is what I strive for, except I dont want to charge you ruinous prices
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Still banking on getting married in a Zam Barrett showstopper ... either that or the Che Suit. Hoping to seal the deal with my woman in under 2 years, may God's love shine on her.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

will soon pick up a needle and a thread, don't really know if I care to bother the tailor with this, atleast not when she wasn't sure she would do it nice.

... of course nicer than a sewing mediocrity like me. :)

zamb, there's already a looooot of holes ....in the second distressed layer. ;)

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
            I don't think the hole is there from the beginning, not in this form anyway. But, the construction along the seam is a bit odd, it looks thinner and more stretch then the rest of the garment.

well, I'm probably a little bit whiny.
            there could just be a tiny break in the yarn that is pretty much impossible to see, but when there is movement and stretching, it starts unraveling. I noticed this when I once poked a knit with a pair of scissors, the area seemed intact at first but when I pulled it a bit I realized there was a tiny tiny break which started forming into a hole before I remembered to fix it.

the reason I'm thinking that this might be the case is because this knit has a heavily distressed finish on the other side and also the black side seems somewhat worn. I have a few luc knits, two of them cashmere which seems incredibly delicate to me, and I haven't had any similar issues with them, the other one I've had for 2-3 years. the only problem I've encountered was a tear on the neckline, but I'd say that this was my fault as I was pulling the sweater on in a rush and pulled the collar pretty agressively. I had a tailor fix this and its pretty much unoticeable.

either way, it of course sucks that this happened, while these are special and often delicate materials, they should of course withstand regular wear for a reasonable time. I hope you don't have to encounter any further surprises!
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

You might be right, didn't think about that it could've been damaged in the process of distressing the other layer.

It also might have ripped in the stitch of the side seam and thus start to rip itself further.

well, maybe it's time to let this go, it's a hole and I need to fix it somehow soon. :)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Hong Kong vs. North Korea @ 8 PM , East Asian Games Football Semi-Finals.

Go North Korea...there's nothing quite like playing something as if your life depended on it.
                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Lumina
                  • Dec 2009

Just heard on TV.
                  Shitty photographer taking pictures for a shitty magazine.
                  "The clothes are beautiful when they falls straight, we need to reduce the hips".
                  So for him, the finality of clothes is to fall flat, not to be worn by a real body ? If that's what he thinks, he'd better take pictures of hangers.
                  Turn off TV.

Comment

• polishmike
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                    Hong Kong vs. North Korea @ 8 PM , East Asian Games Football Semi-Finals.

Go North Korea...there's nothing quite like playing something as if your life depended on it.
                    0-0 all over it. North Korea need to clone some strikers before World Cup. It's already a good bet that they won't score single goal.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Hong Kong 5-3
                      www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• polishmike
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                        Hong Kong 5-3
                        on penalties
                        you're probably right. i have no clue about hong kong's team but north korea could have some potential if they get a solid gaffer.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

if one more person tells me they are going to have a nervous breakdown,
                          i am going to have a nervous breakdown.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

2 days in a row of getting only 4 hours of sleep

After about a week of getting 12/night
                            www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                              if one more person tells me they are going to have a nervous breakdown,
                              i am going to have a nervous breakdown.
                              then you'll be happy to know that i've been feeling spectacular lately
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                                • Sep 2009

and I am not freaking out anymore either, hormonal imbalances balanced again
                                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎