Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Just read an interview with Hong Kong actor Eric Tsang in NEXT Magazine that touched and resonated with me. Especially the one thing he said, which translates to - "The more friends you have, the higher the likelihood of getting betrayed."

Never been in his shoes, but somehow I think he speaks something very true. Hence I am thankful that I have very few friends in this world.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

There's no need for unnecessary expansion.
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

I just hate rick sneaks. I have yet to see an outfit that wouldn't be better without them. They're like hipster irony for goth ninjas. They just depress me.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

I'm guessing you came over here straight from WAYWT?
          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

haha

I'm not a huge fan, but there's actually been a couple of good examples of them looking alright just recently, mainly kuugaia and interest1. still, I probably would've liked both with some other shoes as well
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Sombre
              • Jan 2009

I just saw pictures from Time about melting icebergs. It is a very depressing sight.
              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                I'm guessing you came over here straight from WAYWT?
                Yessir, last few pages have been dense with rick sneaks.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                haha

I'm not a huge fan, but there's actually been a couple of good examples of them looking alright just recently, mainly kuugaia and interest1. still, I probably would've liked both with some other shoes as well
                Yeah, those and Christian's red DD outfit were the recent ones that I thought "good outfit, but would be better with other shoes." I know it's all subjective, but they're just so eye-catching, kind of like roadkill.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

I missed it until today (and the 'best of SZ' blog, of all places), but I thought the Christian outfit w/ the red suit and those white sneakers was well done. I liked that take because it isn't what would be as expected of a combination, and worn with casual aplomb.
                  www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
                    • Jan 2010

Rest In Peace Alexander McQueen.
                    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• kuugaia
                      • Feb 2010

Wow Faust. That is some major rage you are letting out in the quote there. Epic.

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

New Marc Jacobs collections looks like YSL.
                        music

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

Forget iPhone gloves. Meat Stylus is the answer.

Apple and HTC might each be trying to patent a fancy capacitive stylus, but it looks like the good people of South Korea have stumbled on a decidedly more low-tech (and delicious) solution to using their phones in the winter: sausages. Apparently snack sausages from the CJ Corporation are electrostatically compatible with the iPhone's capacitive touchscreen, leading many to use them as a "meat stylus" in the cold weather, rather than remove a glove. And it's not just a joke; apparently South Korean snack sausage sales are soaring. We don't know if anyone's managed to combine this bit of amazing hackery with the bacon iPod sleeve yet, but we do know that we just registered meatstylus.com -- anyone care to send in some local sausage test results?

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                            Forget iPhone gloves. Meat Stylus is the answer.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/11/s...ld-weather-me/
                            Is there a vegetarian option? Maybe I should try string beans?
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

Woke up this morning and still reeling and feeling a bit fucked up from the news of McQueen's passing last night, the sudden dip in weather isn't helping either.

For someone with such an acute insight and sense of observation, I'm really disappointed in Karl Lagerfeld's soundbite regarding McQueen's pasing - that the designer always flirted with death in his work, from which I suppose it could be glanced the remark suggests something like this was not unexpected. Fuck that shit, it's always easy to smugly point the finger like this in hindsight and doesn't make you look any more clever by saying it. Makes me wonder about the people who morbidly anticipate these things.
                              www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• ronin
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2009

I agree, Lagerfled's words were shocking and inappropriate, it sounded like he was jealous or seeked revenge or something, seriously that is not a way to honour the dead. Of course he'll never be half the designer McQueen was, is that a reason to spoil someones' memory? Qualifying his work of "very interesting" as the only positive thing in his sentence, really Karl, that's all you have to say? I could choke the man with his fucking ponytail. I agree it's easy to point the finger at him for saying such bullshit, but I truly felt angry when reading his words.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎