Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BECOMING-INTENSE
    • Jan 2008

^Yes, I like it. Neurotic thanksgiving, a bit like christmas I imagine.
    Impeccable timing of the food is essential. I don't celebrate thanksgiving
    myself, so it's interesting to hear about how people goes about it.
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
      Goes in the brine in 2 hours.

Cooking for 25, gotta be organized. Prep is mostly sealed in plastic containers in the fridge already, everything that can't be is laid out in order of time. I'm super neurotic though.

Nice! What's your brine consist of? Fuck..25? I'm already feeling irritable having to cook for 14.

EDIT: Speed shaving with a straight razor is either hardcore or emo, and I can't figure out which.
      Funny, cuz I'm neither so I couldn't say either.
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ Come over around Thanksgiving next year - I'll hook you up. The goal is to quickly go into a food coma from all the phosphorus in the turkey and vedge out in front of the TV watching American football.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

sounds good to me.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

How cool is that combo...

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            in college i had a double chamber bong and a 3 sreen indie film theatre across the street. that about as far as i could make it. i saw austin powers there and literally fell into the aisle and rolled down it.
            now i just smoke joints. although if somebody gave me a bong i'd probably be really happy
            post up a pic of this dragon bong
            here's a great painting by david ratcliff called bongs its big 8x10 ft i think
            Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

^^ ...

Sounds like a perfect thanksgiving.
              Do you have to watch american football?
              They stop to much in that game!
              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                ^^ ...

Sounds like a perfect thanksgiving.
                Do you have to watch american football?
                They stop to much in that game!
                That's the beauty of the game - by the time it's over you can wash dishes, check SZ and read the news and you haven't missed a beat.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                  Nice! What's your brine consist of? Fuck..25? I'm already feeling irritable having to cook for 14.
                  You have no idea! 4 vegans, 6 vegetarians, and now people are telling me they need the kitchen for a bit to bake pies (they've been told it isn't happening). I love cooking though, I've been very busy and stressed recently, and cooking is cathartic for me.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by merz
                    fucking awesome selection on both counts mate.
                    haha..yeah, thoroughly enjoy both.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

You have no idea! 4 vegans, 6 vegetarians, and now people are telling me they need the kitchen for a bit to bake pies (they've been told it isn't happening). I love cooking though, I've been very busy and stressed recently, and cooking is cathartic for me.
                      Jebus! I love cooking too, so I hear ya on the steam valve effect that working in the kitchen has. It's just that when the number of guests hits the double digits, it becomes less a labor of love. I'm obviously harboring the wrong attitude as bad mood = bad food. Need to set myself straight. Feeling better after a couple of pints..knew I would. ;)

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Had this idea for a loosely organized film plot in my mind, "Mack the Knife"...the titular character played by myself, the film chronicling the week in a life of a London-based hitman whose assignment is to take care of a world-famous Swiss neurosurgeon stopping in town for a conference on his area of specialization. Haven't thought about the particulars, but I think Will Self would write up an ideal screenplay, only things I've set in stone are the details of the main character's physical appearance, and the last 5 minutes of the film...

"Mack the Knife was a perfectly groomed, well mannered man with an angular face that was smooth yet rugged, young yet ageless. He was plainly accessorized, save for a pair of rimless titanium-grey Alain Mikli rectangular frames that were darkly tinted, and a Rolex stainless steel Daytona with black face. His uniform consisted of a navy mohair 2-button, single-breasted Anderson & Shepherd number, white shirt (cuff buttons always undone), slim dark knit tie punctuated by a silver Cartier tie bar. Shoes courtesy of John Lobb Paris, black, slightly pointed plaintoe and immaculately worn-in. Hair is short, clean, precise. Drink of choice is vodka martini with nothing. Eats exactly one meal everyday at 8:00 PM sharp, spaghetti vongole from some anonymous Italian bistro nobody's ever heard of or been to. Smokes Shepard's Hotel cigarettes straight out of the box. No cigarette holder, name cards, cell phone, nothing. Face is devoid of the slightest quantum of expression, save for the film's very last frame, in which a very slight change in the lines of his face breaks out; even that is ambiguously enigmatic."
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!! You all have much to be thankful for, so let there be a renewal of spirit in you all! Much love under one love and may your bellies ache from the feast to come.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                            Jebus! I love cooking too, so I hear ya on the steam valve effect that working in the kitchen has. It's just that when the number of guests hits the double digits, it becomes less a labor of love. I'm obviously harboring the wrong attitude as bad mood = bad food. Need to set myself straight. Feeling better after a couple of pints..knew I would. ;)
                            Without a hitch! 13 courses, 6 desserts, etc, largest deviation from plan was a 20 minute delay from the turkey cooking slowly.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

Without a hitch! 13 courses, 6 desserts, etc, largest deviation from plan was a 20 minute delay from the turkey cooking slowly.
                              YOU ARE AMAZING
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                                Had this idea for a loosely organized film plot in my mind, "Mack the Knife"...the titular character played by myself, the film chronicling the week in a life of a London-based hitman whose assignment is to take care of a world-famous Swiss neurosurgeon stopping in town for a conference on his area of specialization. Haven't thought about the particulars, but I think Will Self would write up an ideal screenplay, only things I've set in stone are the details of the main character's physical appearance, and the last 5 minutes of the film...

"Mack the Knife was a perfectly groomed, well mannered man with an angular face that was smooth yet rugged, young yet ageless. He was plainly accessorized, save for a pair of rimless titanium-grey Alain Mikli rectangular frames that were darkly tinted, and a Rolex stainless steel Daytona with black face. His uniform consisted of a navy mohair 2-button, single-breasted Anderson & Shepherd number, white shirt (cuff buttons always undone), slim dark knit tie punctuated by a silver Cartier tie bar. Shoes courtesy of John Lobb Paris, black, slightly pointed plaintoe and immaculately worn-in. Hair is short, clean, precise. Drink of choice is vodka martini with nothing. Eats exactly one meal everyday at 8:00 PM sharp, spaghetti vongole from some anonymous Italian bistro nobody's ever heard of or been to. Smokes Shepard's Hotel cigarettes straight out of the box. No cigarette holder, name cards, cell phone, nothing. Face is devoid of the slightest quantum of expression, save for the film's very last frame, in which a very slight change in the lines of his face breaks out; even that is ambiguously enigmatic."
                                go, motherfucker, go. sounds like james bond but you already know that. go, motherfucker. GO
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎