Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitney
    • Dec 2009

damn my iphone slowness :( hope it went to a nice home................
    you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Ask Jogu.
      Originally posted by jogu View Post
      lol wtf
      Originally posted by Faust View Post
      i rest my case!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mononon
        • Sep 2009

that was actually really funny ^
        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

ya it was funny lol

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Jogu is a poet. He learned his craft from a young snafu.
            music

Comment

• Enaml
              • Apr 2009

I burst out laughing when I read Jogu's response. That doesn't happen often while sitting alone in a room at a computer.
              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

check out the seller's name
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

unless he decided to only sell that piece and nothing else.........
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• sam_tem
                    • Apr 2007

anyone else here get depressed when you start thinking about retirement? it's scary to think about, but what if the US does indeed fall into a slump of low growth as they talk about here: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ock-myth/8178/

i'd like to do rental properties once i'm done building up reserves in equities, but i just think about all those baby boomer homes that are going to be dumped on the market in the next 20 years and i just have a hard time believing that the next generation has the income to absorb them all at market value even with new immigration reforms.

Comment

• cuddly
                      • Sep 2007

finally, got rid of everything tight fitting in my wardrobe.slim pants/jeans is out. less 100% cotton, more mixed material. 2010-2011 is about fitted,but not tight that i cant be comfortable with my clothes.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ thanks for the trend report.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                          anyone else here get depressed when you start thinking about retirement? it's scary to think about, but what if the US does indeed fall into a slump of low growth as they talk about here: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ock-myth/8178/

i'd like to do rental properties once i'm done building up reserves in equities, but i just think about all those baby boomer homes that are going to be dumped on the market in the next 20 years and i just have a hard time believing that the next generation has the income to absorb them all at market value even with new immigration reforms.
                          it is scary to think about retirement, indeed. so, i don't. which is stupid of me.

this article though is another matter. i don't know what the author's credentials are, but some stuff that she writes makes her look either ignorant or deceptive. first and foremost - stock markets go through cycles of boom and bust. surely, it's fashionable to sing doomsday songs now, because the economy is fucked, but where was she five years ago? probably singing stock market praises. it all depends on when you retire - do it during the boom and you are fine. do it during the bust and you are screwed. if i held on to that 1,000 shares of Apple I had in 2001 at 10 bucks, I could've sold them today for $250k. I'm a proponent of Warren Buffet type of investing - find an excellent company, a true game changer like Google or Apple, stick your money in it and forget about it until it's time to retire. You will be rewarded.

Besides the big pictures, some other points I take issue with:

1) When everyone believes the same thing it stops happening? Everyone and their dog who works on Wall St. knows that it's exactly the opposite - they even have a name for it, self-fulfilled prophecy. So, if everyone believes that the market will go up, they start dumping money in it, and vice versa. That's why the swings are usually so drastic.

2) Who gives a shit what Americans think about stock performance? If a hedge fund gets you 10% annually, that is considered very, VERY good. Those surveys are meaningless. Who the fuck are they surveying, Joe the Plumber?

3) She contradicts herself. If the 401k's and other pension funds are providing a steady stream of investment money - that fuels demand. So by that logic the stocks should be going up, driven by supply of money that needs to be invested.

4) Her transition to the pension fund portion is nonsense. Professional investors seek safe haven in bonds once the stock market starts tanking, because bonds provide low risk. You suck that in with your Wall. St. mother's milk.

What the fuck? I want her job.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

That was a good episode, bump for the cardi in the classified

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎