X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

a year ago, i wasn't sure where my next mortgage payment was coming from and business was shit. now, i've sold my business and have more than I though I'd ever have but still feel completely lost outside of my wife and kids.

I really thought that getting a new car or a new "thing" would help but it doesn't and the inertia of everyday life is dragging me down. I cherish the time I have with my family but aside from that, it's all like a giant cloud of boredom and unfulfillment hovers the rest of the time, i.e., the commute, work, etc. Sorry for the emo.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Maybe you can find a good, inexpensive hobby. See your friends more, your parents, etc. I would just read books all day. Why not start a new agency, mad men style? Take a course in college? The job of self-improvent is a life-long project.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

^i'll be teaching at fit in the spring which is exciting. I'm still at the company for now, albeit as an employee. It's also stemming from my mom being very ill for months now and the uncertainty tied to that. The house we are bidding on has an artist's studio in a converted barn, so perhaps starting to paint again will light the fire.

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Become a patron of the arts? Specifically for languishing composers.

But seriously, Faust's advice is good, having a creative outlet, feeling important or useful within a community and close relations to other sentient beings is just about all we really need. Also, I'm sorry to hear about your mother and I'm sure that's having an effect. I know others who feel depressed after having reached life goals or stability (I wouldn't know yet...) because they feel like something is over and without that goal their life appears to lack direction. My brother is having a similar moment, he's had the job he's always wanted in the city he wants to live in and a nice girlfriend and he's kind of having an "oh shit, this is it?" crisis.
          music

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

good luck kunk, my dad embarked on a similar path a decade ago and all i can advise you is, stay busy.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

redacted
              Last edited by jogu; 09-28-2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• mass
                • Sep 2006

^watch mike leigh's naked

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Just had an AKA NYC sighting, good to see you back on SZ my friend, hope everything is going well with you!
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

I am really in love with this (in navy):

But I already have this:

And very little of this:

Dammit.
                    music

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

on the bright side, yours is better.
                      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

will someone please kill the avett brothers
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Magician
                          • Jul 2008

The violence in Mexico is mind-boggling and heartbreaking. Certain areas get more violent deaths in a month then Baltimore gets in a year.

I really don't know what a broke Amercian student can do to help though...
                          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

^nothing. I just hope no one fucks with Diego.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

Hehe, well this does make me feel better that what I already have is good. The new one has odder proportions, it's rather short and feels like you're wearing this big puff of a thing, I tried it on at Barney's and it's great. The old one I've gotten a ton of use out of since it's warm and works in snow/rain but it's getting rather dirty, I'm afraid of cleaning it...

Originally posted by wire.artist
                              indeed, I owned it and it was spotless. The back design is excelent, Raf were are you?
                              music

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Scoute just received an advertising proposal from a webstore selling fake Ugg boots.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎