X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Winehouse has done herself in. Not suprising.R.I.P
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

Im so fucking sad about Amy. She was so fucking talented. Robbed of decades of majesty.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Apparently Kelley Osbourne was crying so hard she found time to tweet about it.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Atom
          • Sep 2009

Somehow this makes me so sad. I'm fucking crying, and I know it makes no sense.
          The official music video for Back To Black by Amy Winehouse, directed by Phil Griffin. This track is the third single from the Back To Black album and was re...

Comment

• Pumpfish
            • Sep 2010

Amy's legacy is the revival of the genre of real, interpretive, solo female vocalist.

Sad she couldn't overcome her demons.

And fuck those grief tourists outside her house.
            spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

Thinking of how this young woman's life spiraled out of her own control as the mass public offered only its ridicule in return is what I find most chilling about her passing.

When Winehouse first hit the scene, she single-handedly revived an entire genre of music, and became instantly revered for it. Fast forward a relatively short while later and her personal struggles are shoved under a microscope & aired more than her music, essentially swapping out any respect she'd earned with her talent, for mockery she couldn't escape in her private life. This is the tragedy of her legacy.

I feel for her and how it's taken death to find the peace which eluded her in life.

R.I.P
              sain't

Comment

• Matis
                • Feb 2010

Im not the one who posts things like r.i.p. to someone on forums.

But here i agree with Eternal, Amy had it coming, i mean sooner or later the road with drug abuse ends if not treated. She joined the "club27" like all other rock&roll stars that died too early.

Teenagers,kids, some old as me got their future taken from them. I mean an attack on politicians is somehow more understandable (dont get me wrong) but on innocent children and teenagers, that i do not understand.

Comment

• jumpoff
                  • Jan 2008

My sister lost a friend. One of her closest friends survived. Some of her friends and co-workers lost many.

I don't like comparing the importance of people's deaths, but as a Norwegian I understand Eternal's point of view. We are a small country, and this affects everyone. Imagine the US losing 5000 activist youths.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Matis View Post
                    Im not the one who posts things like r.i.p. to someone on forums.
                    Neither am I. Or anywhere else for that matter. I wrote to my former Norwegian classmate, but I always feel strange broadcasting my feelings on the internet. I mean, I cannot feel the scope of the tragedy to the fullest, so I feel disingenuous commenting. Having said that, Eternal, I understand your grievance. I hope you and your loved ones are OK. I know you will unite and persevere as a country.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Pumpfish
                      • Sep 2010

I'm sorry for anyone effected by what happened in Norway.

I can comment on Amy because what she did to herself, I understand.

I cannot comment on what happened in Norway, not least because I cannot understand how someone could do this. And attempting to explain will add to the pain.

I can express sorrow and sympathy, and I do.
                      spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Eternal

For the people who comment on the death of Amy Winehouse but not the situation in Norway I feel sorry for what celebrity culture has done to you. . .
                        Keep your shirt on, dear. I agree with your overall sentiment wholeheartedly, but please remember, this is a Randomness thread in which you are commenting, not Critical World Affairs. As such, one's choice to comment on one subject takes nothing away from another. Nothing.

Simply making my comments through the filter of logic, not emotion.

✶ And for those who believe that people who struggle with the illness of drug dependency – and lose their struggle – "have it coming", shame on you for not knowing better. I welcome you to look her father in the eye and tell that to him.
                        sain't

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                          Keep your shirt on, dear. I agree with your overall sentiment wholeheartedly, but please remember, this is a Randomness thread in which you are commenting, not Critical World Affairs. As such, one's choice to comment on one subject takes nothing away from another. Nothing.

Simply making my comments through the filter of logic, not emotion.

✶ And for those who believe that people who struggle with the illness of drug dependency – and lose their struggle – "have it coming", shame on you for not knowing better. I welcome you to look her father in the eye and tell that to him.
                          Preach. They are two completely different situations independent of each other. Feeling a certain way about one of them doesn't mean you feel any less about the other.

broken link

Though I battle blind, love is a fate resigned. Sigh...
                          Last edited by Vanna; 07-24-2011, 04:28 PM.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Had my first SZ meet up recently with Casem. Last night and today. He's really cool.
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ Last night that turned into today or on two occasions?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                                • May 2008

^Last night we just bumped into each other randomly at Metropolitan. Today we had a brunch that was planned, at 5 leaves. He couldn't finish his pancakes!
                                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎