• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CUTUP
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
    LUC will do some funny things to a man.
    Agreed. I had wanted the barcode knit for forever in my size. Strange thing is the price wasnt overly low, and the pics werent store pics. Otherwise I would never have sent the cash.

I have only been scammed for about $40 one other time. Considering almost all of my clothing purchases are made online, I am lucky

Zamb I hear ya. I make good money, but I am by no means rich enough to think $500+ is a pittance. I am not suprised though, people lust after some of these higher ticket items and that same lust can blind them.
    Originally posted by marco-von
    this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

was this here..?
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

A friend received this email via facebook. Absolutely ridiculous, and shocking. Although it did have me in stitches.

Dear **********
        My name is Barr perkins George personal attorney to Alexander McQueen -
        Designer Fashion Label who died on the 11th day of Feb. 2010.I have the
        documents of a large amount of funds which he handed over to me before he
        died made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Seven Million
        Great British Pounds (GBP £7,000.000.00) to you in the codicil and last
        testament to his WILL

Being a widely travelled man, he must have been in contact with you in the
        past or simply you were recommended to him by one of his numerous friends
        abroad who wished you good and his friend was a gay as well due to the
        fact that McQueen was a gay and claimed he realised his sexual orientation
        when he was six. He told his family when he was 18.
        Lee Alexander McQueen, CBE (16 March 1969 ? 11 February 2010) was an
        English fashion designer known for his unconventional designs and shock
        tactics.[3] McQueen worked as the head designer at Givenchy for five years
        before founding the Alexander McQueen and McQ labels. McQueen's dramatic
        designs, worn by celebrities including Rihanna, Björk and Lady Gaga,
        met with critical acclaim and earned him the British Designer of the Year
        award four times.

Late Alexander McQueen died on the 11th day of February, 2010 at the age
        of 40 years, According to him this money was supposed to be used in
        transporting and getting the new store that was about to be opened in los
        angeles stocked with his recent designers
        You can read more about him from the sites below

(1)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_McQueen

Please if I reach you this time as I am hopeful, endeavour to get back to
        me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.
        I hope to hear from you in no distant time.
        Yours in Service,
        P.George & Co. Solicitors
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Wow, that is fucked up.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• CUTUP
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            was this here..?
            No, on SuFu

You had actually left a temp warning in the classifieds here to warn members, same guy

He got me and Mega and possibly others. Unfortunately mega used a gift payment, so hes completely out of luck

I have never understood that. People here will spend upwards of 1k on a pair of shoes or boots, but they wont spend an extra %4 to ensure they have a way to get their money back?

I know you can always do a chargeback if you paid by credit card, but that is also in itself a headache, and you aren't %100 guaranteed your funds ( as some may be led to believe)

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CUTUP View Post
                No, on SuFu

You had actually left a temp warning in the classifieds here to warn members, same guy

He got me and Mega and possibly others. Unfortunately mega used a gift payment, so hes completely out of luck

I have never understood that. People here will spend upwards of 1k on a pair of shoes or boots, but they wont spend an extra %4 to ensure they have a way to get their money back?

I know you can always do a chargeback if you paid by credit card, but that is also in itself a headache, and you aren't %100 guaranteed your funds ( as some may be led to believe)
                This is one of the reasons why members are required to have 100 posts in order to post in classifieds here.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

No, on SuFu

I know that I didn't even realize that the gift payment thing meant you couldn't pursue scammers, etc... until I read Lowrey's post on it on Superfuture (thanks lowrey!). It had never occurred to me that the protection would be different depending on the payment method! Luckily I only did this once or twice and did okay both times.
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• CUTUP
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    This is one of the reasons why members are required to have 100 posts in order to post in classifieds here.
                    I have one or two things I would love to post for sale here, and I am still in agreement with this rule. I think it helps immensely with the scamming, and it also helps to force people to try and contribute before they can peddle their wares.

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                    I know that I didn't even realize that the gift payment thing meant you couldn't pursue scammers, etc... until I read Lowrey's post on it on Superfuture (thanks lowrey!). It had never occurred to me that the protection would be different depending on the payment method! Luckily I only did this once or twice and did okay both times.
                    Dont get me wrong, I still send the odd gift payment to really trusted members/ones I have a history with, but its few and far between. You never really know these days when someone will just decide to not send you your goods, longstanding member or not.

Comment

• ronin
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2009

When I saw the Gap logo I couldn't help but feel sad for the poor ad persons who designed it. Then I thought they were probably drunk to do such shit so it didn't matter.
                      Then I thought they might have done it on purpose, slowly destroying mass market brands from the inside, one by one, so that we could soon dance on the grave of fast fashion.
                      Then I thought Gap probably did it on purpose so that people would talk about them, or even worse so that people would propose them original logos for free, and in any case it worked, so congratulations I guess.

Comment

• galia
                        • Jun 2009

this is what most of my days feel like

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

same here.
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Lane
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                            That's pretty careless of you. I don't get why people don't learn about what they are using especially when it involves astronomical amounts of mullah. Not trying to single you out, but people need to learn what they are getting themselves into.

Well, if the person you are buying/selling from has a rep for not scamming it kinda isn't your fault. Sometimes people build up a reputation for being legit, but they might be scheming to land themselves a big scam eventually.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

based on moderating several forums, I'd say most of the time scammers don't have much of a reputation, but simply rely on some people being gullible. of course, there are some exceptions but for example on superfuture its usually people with <50 posts and only a few if any trades. all in all, sending a gift payment to someone you don't know at all is definitely shooting yourself in the foot.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• graydot
                                • Aug 2009

i've sent numerous payments as gift and didn't think twice about it - so far no issues. i'll be a bit more conscious/cautious next time.

you just have to be careful. the interwebz has opened up a huge market for ripoffs, with con artists looking to make an easy buck. if a deal seems too good to be true, it usually is. i think it helps to ensure the seller has at least a few buyers that can vouch for them, but even then, nothing is guaranteed. having said that, after hundreds of purchases/sales over the internet, i have only had one transaction go horribly wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎