• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    What's an SZ version of Black Friday?
    a weak japanese yen?
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• syed
      • Sep 2010

Saw Sir Ian McKellen on my way home today, he was wearing one seriously nice grey boiled wool coat. Must investigate who made it
      "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

^ ftb and nictan - i've lived in quite a few different european cities and stockholm is pretty extreme in how nervous people are there. everybody is trying to figure out what the next 'cool' thing is, but at the same time they're super anxious not latch on to it before it is 'cool'. it's pretty hard to find someone who is not defensively super ironic in their attitude towards EVERYTHING...

and yeah, i think it's related to size - it's a city which desperately wants to matter in the grand scheme of things, but it just isn't central enough nor big enough. this makes people insecure.

still, a semester there in the springtime is probably not a bad choice.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
          a weak japanese yen?
          a strong candidate!

Syed, did you call him Gandalf?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by jogu View Post
            fuckin winter blows i hate cold weather so much
            I love the cold, but I dislike it when it becomes freezing..Especially when snow is involved. I wouldn't be able to layer as much if it weren't so, but at the same time I don't like the cold that reaches my bones

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Syed, did you call him Gandalf?
              I was sorely tempted, but some kid next to me jumped in front of a bunch of people and shouted out "You shall not paassssss!" instead. He seemed to find it funny so that's good
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

hm not sure i like selling to lurkers.. feels wrong?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

yesterday was passing through the Yohji store decided to go in and have a try, tried on a basic black 2-button blazer with some faux-shirt attachment and a patchwork blazer in muddy-tones that was a bit all over the place...my old lady and the sales said the black jacket looked better on me, I preferred the patchwork, secretly wanted to get it and wear it in a whole bunch of dissonant outfits with jeans and sneakers and didn't say anything...
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by syed View Post
                    I was sorely tempted, but some kid next to me jumped in front of a bunch of people and shouted out "You shall not paassssss!" instead. He seemed to find it funny so that's good
                    I read a profile on him in the new Yorker once, and he seems like a very lighthearted person.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• marco-von
                      • Feb 2009

wikileaks releasing a shit storm. most of it straight out of the X-files autobiography

free press in reality not in fiction is a fresh feel,

quote of the shit storm so far just for the fact its so comical and pathetic.

In a tweet yesterday he wrote: "@wikileaks Speaking as Wikipedia's co-founder, I consider you enemies of the U.S.--not just the government, but the people."

americans support your prince!

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

it's a pretty safe bet that this guy will be assassinated in the next year.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sam_tem
                          • Apr 2007

i love this iranian nuclear sabotage stuff:
                          The Atlantic covers news, politics, culture, technology, health, and more, through its articles, podcasts, videos, and flagship magazine.

i'm not a fbig fan of israel but purpose-built crippling computer viruses, assassination plots, and whatever else they're up to is pretty awesome.

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                            i'm not a fbig fan of israel but purpose-built crippling computer viruses, assassination plots, and whatever else they're up to is pretty awesome.
                            until they start doing it to your country.

Comment

• Lane
                              • Aug 2010

I think the saddest part is if they were to do the same to israel it would probably cause the US to justify the invasion they want so badly.

Comment

• syed
                                • Sep 2010

North Korea have serious weapons, talk some major scary stuff about destroying anyone who enters their seaspace, use the weapons and kill South Koreans...but no intervention is needed there, move along, Iran are more dangerous. Not saying anybody should invade either country, but seriously, wtf?!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎