• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    ^ goddamn Matt

it's time to get a job ;)
    haha this is my job, somewhat, pretty much, most likely, as of now. I use all those phrases of uncertainty because nobody can ever really say their profession is "writer"...i don't even consider myself a professional at it, it's just something i enjoy doing when I have time, and just so happens I have time so I do it. Someone referring to their job as 'writer' is just a beefed up way of saying they are permanently unemployed, haha.

well i been crankin these out at like 10-15 a week, if i do enough of em i might as well get the damn thing published.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote=Fade to Black;106672]haha this is my job, somewhat, pretty much, most likely, as of now. I use all those phrases of uncertainty because nobody can ever really say their profession is "writer"...i don't even consider myself a professional at it, it's just something i enjoy doing when I have time, and just so happens I have time so I do it. Someone referring to their job as 'writer' is just a beefed up way of saying they are permanently unemployed, haha.

well i been crankin these out at like 10-15 a week, if i do enough of em i might as well get the damn thing published.[/quote]

You should go for it. If anything, you can get a small edition printed for a reasonable out-of-pocket sum. Kinda nice to "officialize" your writing you know?
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
        haha this is my job, somewhat, pretty much, most likely, as of now. I use all those phrases of uncertainty because nobody can ever really say their profession is "writer"...i don't even consider myself a professional at it, it's just something i enjoy doing when I have time, and just so happens I have time so I do it. Someone referring to their job as 'writer' is just a beefed up way of saying they are permanently unemployed, haha.

well i been crankin these out at like 10-15 a week, if i do enough of em i might as well get the damn thing published.

not true. the person that I work with used to only do that and that was what his 'title' was and he was never unemployed. now he has branched out into other things as well.

so you can definitely be a 'writer' if you want to. so go for it.
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

made a wonderful, tasty, homemade tomato soup yesterday from scratch. spent hours simmering down the tomato puree that I made, added some seasoning, a bit of heavy cream. took some on the spoon to test, blew on it a ton, sipped it, it felt cool. slurped the whole spoon up and burnt the entire roof of my mouth and most of my tongue. the roof of my mouth is all red and swollen and hurts even when i drink water. more importantly, now i cant taste anything...
          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• baizilla
            • Sep 2006

I wonder if anyone on here runs marathons, cross country, relay etc.

I think we need a running thread...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by baizilla View Post
              I wonder if anyone on here runs marathons, cross country, relay etc.

I think we need a running thread...
              I do! I haven't competed in any marathons or races yet, but i've been jogging an average of 70-80 kms a week....
              Wanted to take part in the Tokyo marathon next year but was too late in the application. Eyeing the Kyoto Half Marathon at the moment...

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

I need to get a bigger bag. Too much clothing to fit in my weekender for going back and forth from Providence to San Diego.

"Do I take the Rick sneakers or just the A.P.C. boots..."

Even though both was the answer it gets hard to try and cram every single thing I want in there.
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ I used to carry duffles, until my wife introduced to the wonderful world of wheeled luggage. Some things are just not meant to be designer.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• destroyed
                    • Nov 2006

bigger bags can be a curse. as in, you end up taking too much around. it is that railroads ride on us thing (thoreau concept).
                    broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Ahem.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

i heard eastern market is getting those unis in
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• baizilla
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Charged View Post
                          I do! I haven't competed in any marathons or races yet, but i've been jogging an average of 70-80 kms a week....
                          Wanted to take part in the Tokyo marathon next year but was too late in the application. Eyeing the Kyoto Half Marathon at the moment...
                          Oh cool! Starting with a half marathon before a marathon might be the best idea.

I recently ran my very first marathon, before that I ran half marathons and cross country. Since then I've been completely obsessed about running . I plan on participating in the Nike Marathon Challenge here in Cph in February.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I can run for 3km without stopping (=dying), shit is bananas.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Charged View Post
                              The general advice is if you can run distance "x" any day, you can do 2x once without killing yourself. If you're running 70 km/week, that's at least 10 km/day (assuming you run the same every single day) and a half marathon will be no trouble for you.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by baizilla View Post
                                Oh cool! Starting with a half marathon before a marathon might be the best idea.

I recently ran my very first marathon, before that I ran half marathons and cross country. Since then I've been completely obsessed about running . I plan on participating in the Nike Marathon Challenge here in Cph in February.
                                Congrats on your first marathon! I hope to complete my first soon. All the best with the Nike challenge!

One other thing that i love about my runs is that i get to listen to my favourite podcasts from the likes of Above&Beyond, Gareth Emery, etc...
                                The music really pushes me hard!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎