X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
    The general advice is if you can run distance "x" any day, you can do 2x once without killing yourself. If you're running 70 km/week, that's at least 10 km/day (assuming you run the same every single day) and a half marathon will be no trouble for you.
    Yeah, that's what i was told too.
    I try to run everyday, but work does not permit that.
    On the average, i'm doing 15-20km per run. But recently my left ankle has been hurting quite abit, so i'm going easy on my routine for now...

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Charged View Post
      Yeah, that's what i was told too.
      I try to run everyday, but work does not permit that.
      On the average, i'm doing 15-20km per run. But recently my left ankle has been hurting quite abit, so i'm going easy on my routine for now...
      Pretty sure 20km is right about a half marathon. You're in the clear.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

I recently read Shel Silverstein's famous poem about the clown, and then it had me thinking about the cliche glass half-full/half-empty question with regards to a person's worldview. I began to approach this issue from another perspective - how one views symbols of childhood (not necessarily their own - just in general) once having settled into adulthood.

the discussion w/ faust in the 'what are you reading?' thread had me thinking about an author like Silverstein. The clown poem is a more obvious example, but even something like The Giving Tree, a book I so cherished and loved as a kid, I now see in a somewhat different light - more in line with the clown poem, but in a more nuanced degree. It hit me that Shel Silverstein's outlook on life through his work was underscored by an ineffable sadness, not that I'm saying it was necessarily bad or intentional...but man, if I ever have a kid, I would advise him/her to stay the fuck away from that book until they've reached their 70s. That is, unless they are REALLY intent on following the footsteps of their old man.

edit: yep, just checked out some more of this guy's poetry since it's the most easily accessible form of authors' works online. Seems like the people writing stuff geared for children are the last kind of people who should be doing it. I'd place more faith in Bernie Mac (god rest his soul) or 80s Eddie Murphy to script anthologies for the relatively blank slates.
        Last edited by Fade to Black; 12-11-2008, 11:04 AM.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

i saw this coming from a mile away but nevertheless a black metal first. gaahl from gorgoroth outs himself: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=107859

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

(Young girl holds the hand of her mother as she walks down the staircase of the subway.)

The young girl says: "Another one will come. I know it will."

The mother smiling: "Yes, it will."
            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

/\ that's sweet.
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

..drinking cheap tequila..
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by kira View Post
                  (Young girl holds the hand of her mother as she walks down the staircase of the subway.)

The young girl says: "Another one will come. I know it will."

The mother smiling: "Yes, it will."
                  heh, this scenario is pretty much the exact same one as the last words my grandfather (dad's side) said to me last time i saw him in person...

I was a kid, about 10 years old, went over to visit them for lunch...afterwards, my granddad walks me to the subway station. I hear the train approaching and I try to run faster but ultimately miss that one. Then my grandfather, in his Shanghai/Ningbo accented Cantonese, says "Ha bu." (next train.)

those words still keep me going. god bless his soul. Miss Grandpa very much.
                  www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• maldoror
                    • Jun 2007

(very) old news, but new to me: delueuze, guattari, debord and the israeli defense force.

Comment

• doldrums
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                      This made me upset when I first read it. Then just uncomfortable. Then sorta funny to picture a bunch of military officers debating Mille Plateau.

Either way, its smart given that terrorist silos and all that shit play into my superficial art school understanding of D&G pretty well.

Also, not that it makes any difference, I'm pretty sure the aforementioned thinkers were pro-palestine/anti zionist.

Comment

• dunaj
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                        i saw this coming from a mile away but nevertheless a black metal first. gaahl from gorgoroth outs himself: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=107859

gaahl is the best

Comment

• Jon
                          • Apr 2008

Amazing and hilarious - transcript of a conversation between Rahm Emanuel and Rod Blagojevich.
                          EMANUEL: Shut the fuck up and listen to me for one second Rod. And I want you to listen carefully, because this is the last time I’m ever going to talk to you. You are fucking dead to me. You been fucking dead to Barack since ‘06, now you’re dead to me. Know what that means? That means you’re dead to my people in Chicago, Daley on down, and all these friends you think you have aren’t gonna touch you with a ten foot fucking pole.
                          BLAGO: Oh now you’re the fucking Godfather? Fuck you.
                          EMANUEL: No fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.
                          BLAGO: Fuck you!
                          EMANUEL: Listen up asshole. The shit’s gonna hit the fan, maybe tomorrow, maybe next month, and when Fitz finally brings down the hammer it’s gonna be my name that’s going through your head. You won’t know the hows or the fucking whys, but it’s gonna have my fucking fingerprints all over it. Have a great life fatso.
                          BLAGO: Hey fuck—
                          EMANUEL: [Click.]

Read the whole thing.
                          Originally posted by merz
                          perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Jon
                            • Apr 2008

oh, and it's not real. but it would be so awesome if it was.
                            Originally posted by merz
                            perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              oh, and it's not real. but it would be so awesome if it was.
                              GAHHHHHHH i was so hoping that was real. I was readin it and thinkin, damn if this is what Rahm's like, I wonder how Ari is when he's juiced up.

but c'mon, at least tell me that Rahm normally talks like that when the camera's not rolling.
                              www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• dunaj
                                • Feb 2007

CK ads from the 90's

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎