Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoFiya
    • Sep 2007

Today I had another episode on how unfair life is.
    Was going to the bus, heading to my swimming workout. On the occassion of a little kind gesture of my parents I felt really lucky and was grateful to have such a wonderful family... In that slight melancholical mood I was standing at the bus stop, enjoying the snow and some music.
    I saw that girl walking to the same bus stop, appearantly she was also heading to uni. An older guy which could have been her dad was walking behind her in some distance, from time to time yelling something I didn't understand; I just thought it was some crackpot (we have a lot of those here).
    When she stopped at the bus-stop, the guy was continuing walking down the street but appearently his screams were directed at her. Pulled out my earphones to hear what he says. He was cursing her and seemed to be someone she knows but she didn't pay any attention.
    The girl and I both got into the bus and I was stand right to her side because the bus was pretty crowded. She obviously had difficulties holding her tears back and looked pretty awkward.
    I felt so bad... I know it sounds a little naive and stupid but at this very moment I just wanted to give her something of my state happiness. I wasn't even able to provide a tissue. So I stood there, feeling somehow guilty for my life in wealth. Kinda awkward but a vivid example (to me) on how unfair life can be.
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Well,
      we all have our ups and downs, and even at the height of our happiness, there is always something that we could be sad about........such is the nature of Human existence.
      However, from the outside looking in in may seem like a bad thing to you, but you cannot be really certain as to the real value of her experience............sometimes embarrassing situations and painful experiences has the greatest lessons in them, even though its never savory at the given point in time........

you could've asked her if she was OK, which would pobably be more valuable than the tissue...............I think one of the greatest sadness that exist in this world is our fear of extending generosity to strangers...........

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
      Today I had another episode on how unfair life is.
      Was going to the bus, heading to my swimming workout. On the occassion of a little kind gesture of my parents I felt really lucky and was grateful to have such a wonderful family... In that slight melancholical mood I was standing at the bus stop, enjoying the snow and some music.
      I saw that girl walking to the same bus stop, appearantly she was also heading to uni. An older guy which could have been her dad was walking behind her in some distance, from time to time yelling something I didn't understand; I just thought it was some crackpot (we have a lot of those here).
      When she stopped at the bus-stop, the guy was continuing walking down the street but appearently his screams were directed at her. Pulled out my earphones to hear what he says. He was cursing her and seemed to be someone she knows but she didn't pay any attention.
      The girl and I both got into the bus and I was stand right to her side because the bus was pretty crowded. She obviously had difficulties holding her tears back and looked pretty awkward.
      I felt so bad... I know it sounds a little naive and stupid but at this very moment I just wanted to give her something of my state happiness. I wasn't even able to provide a tissue. So I stood there, feeling somehow guilty for my life in wealth. Kinda awkward but a vivid example (to me) on how unfair life can be.
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

Yeah, maybe I should have asked but then again I am just a stranger (and personally, if I would feel bad and somebody talking to me would make things even worse).
        And regarding the lessons painful experiences can teach I totally agree from my own biography..

Well, not trying to interprete much out of the episode. After all it was just something that extremely moved me from up to down :-\ And the helplessness I experience when others are not feeling good, being not able to do sth about it just depresses me again and again. But I gotta face that one cannot change everything ... and sometimes being there is all that counts. From that point of view, I should've asked.
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Mofiya, sometimes a smile and "are you ok?" works. :-)
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by perplexe View Post
            Yeah, munch, Vancouver is has a lovely landscape. However we're all striving for maybe more than a few good places to shop. I would offer you a spare couch but living space is awfully minimal here . Montreal or Toronto is your best bet.

P.S. R.I.P. Komakino
            haha, thanks!

I'm not really looking to shop any clothes or so, but there's no chance that shopping can be any worse than up here in north Sweden anyway.

will be making a map when it gets closer to the takeoff!

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

"Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• perplexe
                      • May 2010

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Comment

• sam_tem
                          • Apr 2007

so does anyone else envision brad and jude getting together every season and traipsing around london and paris shopping together while drinking starbucks lattes joking about how horrible whatever angelina's next movie will be?

Comment

• munch
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                            so does anyone else envision brad and jude getting together every season and traipsing around london and paris shopping together while drinking starbucks lattes joking about how horrible whatever angelina's next movie will be?
                            not until I read this

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

There goes the neighborhood x2.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lane
                                • Aug 2010

you don't want em anymore cuz he wore them? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎