Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

Please note that the stains and flaws are part of the design and make each piece unique : how strange it sounds when a MRI shows that the stains and flaws are here and there inside your brain. Non-evolutive stuff, probably been there for a while, so I do not care, and in fact I even feel glad to be the breathing equivalent of a CCP boot or a raku bowl.

I mean, that's being authentic.
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
      • Mar 2009

I was rather shocked to see that Stelios Shittycharacteropoulos's (one of my alter egos)beach style had some how been a key inspiration to the MUGLER SS11 beachwear looks............altho they opted not to go for the additional "booosh" inserts

Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 06-24-2011, 12:31 PM.
      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ lmao
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• trentk
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
          Please note that the stains and flaws are part of the design and make each piece unique : how strange it sounds when a MRI shows that the stains and flaws are here and there inside your brain. Non-evolutive stuff, probably been there for a while, so I do not care, and in fact I even feel glad to be the breathing equivalent of a CCP boot or a raku bowl.

I mean, that's being authentic.
          mail moth - are you into tea, or are you just familiar with east asian ceramics and wabi sabi aesthetics?

total tea nerd here, with an aged puerh collection to match
          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

Yes, I'm a tea drinker, although a rather barbaric one, since my sense of taste only allows me to distinguish between what's good and what's better.

And I too enjoy pu-erh, aged or young. Drinking a 1958 liu bao chan right now : in the teapot since last week, still quite tasty and sweet.

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

50's lui bao? Quite the nice tea for a self described barbaric tea drinker.

I'm drinking a 2000 shu right now, made from 3 different maochas that were aged separately then pressed into a brick in '07. I usually shy away from shu, but the qi of this particular specimen is almost narcotic. Excellent shu is hard to come across, this one is probably so good b/c it was made by the guy who invented the shu processing technique. It reminds me of dates and lotus, with touches of redwood bark.

I once loved young sheng, but as I attune myself to noticing qi, I find young sheng unpleasantly overpowering. Like downing 4 shots of espresso at once.
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

See how barbaric I am ? I don't know anything of what you're talking about, even if I can understand it. For example, I'm not very interested in recognizing savours in tea, unless they echoe familiar and dear memories. What I like in Pu-erhs is that most of them have this power. One of those I own smells like beewax, another like this small drop ladybugs secrete when annoyed, another like a cellar where apples are kept during winter, some of them rotting there. And I love the texture of the oldest ones when coming down your throat, sweet and almost solar, like liquid gold - almost completely contradicting the dark and intimate nature of their perfume. I guess a real tea drinker would righteously call that rubbish, but that's the way I am : I can't find any interest in things unless I feel they're strongly related to some kind of personal lost paradise.

Comment

• Carcass
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                  50's lui bao? Quite the nice tea for a self described barbaric tea drinker.

I'm drinking a 2000 shu right now, made from 3 different maochas that were aged separately then pressed into a brick in '07. I usually shy away from shu, but the qi of this particular specimen is almost narcotic. Excellent shu is hard to come across, this one is probably so good b/c it was made by the guy who invented the shu processing technique. It reminds me of dates and lotus, with touches of redwood bark.

I once loved young sheng, but as I attune myself to noticing qi, I find young sheng unpleasantly overpowering. Like downing 4 shots of espresso at once.
                  And I thought I was a tea drinker... Teach me, master.

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

Hey - housing fell through at the absolute last minute for next month in new york city. Need to find a room / sublet / somewhere to live for July. If anyone knows anybody whose got a space / knows of anything, please let me know!

(sorry to spam, rather desperate at this point)

Also, I'll be interning at Rhizome.org at the new museum - primarily I'll be in charge of an interview series (already have some coming up in the next few weeks with Jacob Ciocci, Tabor Robak and Sara Ludy) so if anyone has artist friends looking for exposure / who do good work relating to technology / internet / new media, etc... drop me a line as well and I'll take a look!
                    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

I can't believe I just did a drawing for Mugler/Nicola Formichetti.

Last night one of the girls from The Voluptuous Horror of Karen Black got red body paint all over Terence Koh's bum. lolz.
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Did you do a drawing for them for yourself, or commissioned by them?
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

so anyone here heard of krokodil? i followed a link to a fairly disturbing article and then watched an extremely disturbing video about the harmful effects of this garbage can heroin. its so bad in fact that i won't post the link. i regret watching it and most of u know where to find it anyway. but this stuff is genuinely horrible. this is like satan's greatest new weapon. addiction is already a powerful destroyer of lives and families but this also directly destroys your body. it eliminates you. this is a truly devastating drug.
                          Last edited by cjbreed; 06-29-2011, 12:36 PM.
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Vanna
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                            Did you do a drawing for them for yourself, or commissioned by them?
                            Commissioned. I don't know what it's going to be used for. Had a pretty short window of time to finish it. Found out at 9pm on a Saturday and they needed it by 10am Sunday but I got it done (Barely). I honestly don't want to be attached to it but whatever.
                            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

James Brown Ramen commercial. One of the most amazing things I have EVER SEEN.

Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• syed
                                • Sep 2010

Nice to see that GQ have ordained Andrej as a 'sexy woman'.
                                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎