X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nigromancy
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    hey what are we going to do about AFRICA?
    Walk them down a runway... with their guns.

Comment

• marco-von
      • Feb 2009

faust looks cool as fuck there and that hoodie is as sick as they come. its like the devil of leather and the angel of leather <>=+- good synergy

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
        stfu that wedding dress is awesome
        well yes it was the best wedding ever...

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
        Nothing wrong with a young man creating a context coherent with his taste for women clothing.

Thanks, BTW : I guess I'll post this pic each and every time someone on this forum will write such words as "badass" or "authenticity", or complain about getting weird looks for wearing an overlong tee.
        but seriously, what the fuck are we gonna do with africa...
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DRRRK
          ...Where is Africa?
          its the capital of craazzzyyy

Comment

• kirie
            • Dec 2011

re: africa

obvious societal implications of men wearing wedding dresses are rampages of assault rifle waving guerrillas.
            take THAT waywt

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

lol

i posted that original pic because it is funny, but primarily because it is also disturbing. these child soldiers adorn themselves with the craziest shit they can find to inspire fear in their enemies. they are letting you know that yes they are indeed batshit crazy. they're coming to hack off your arms, drink your blood, kill your mom and gang rape your daughter. i think much of what they wear was pulled from those they have killed. like a totem, or badge of honor, or wacky source of voodoo or something.

i realize this is not the forum but sometimes i really wonder what the fuck are we gonna do with africa?!? i mean is that situation just beyond repair at this point or what?

Comment

• kirie
                • Dec 2011

Africa is unfixable (imo, at least).

corruption is so ingrained into the majority of governmental structures that it would take a complete removal of all those in power in order to deviate from that path.

not to mention disease pandemics, and the fact that they can't grow enough food to support even a fraction of their population.

it's pretty much the frank gallagher of continents.

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kirie View Post
                  Africa is unfixable (imo, at least).

corruption is so ingrained into the majority of governmental structures that it would take a complete removal of all those in power in order to deviate from that path...
                  i'm afraid you're right. and everytime an existing power is overthrown, the new power is just as corrupt. for some reason.

Originally posted by DRRRK
                  Thanks for bringing this up. As sad as it is, the rest of the world has given up on this subject. There is no money to be made, so why bother?

Comment

• kirie
                    • Dec 2011

power breeds corruption, etc

people are more interested in selfish gains than the good of the whole

the government is just a figurehead for a greater organization (war lords?) pulling the strings.

non-immediate reformation of electoral laws and bill passing processes (or just a lack of efficient regulations for those in power)

There are many, many reasons why a new government will not be an improvement over an old government. Honestly, I believe there's going to be some sort of disaster (natural or not) and a mass exodus out of Africa in the next 50-100 years. With the decisions that are currently being made regarding Africa's state of affairs, it'd be a miracle if it still existed as anything other than disorganized pockets of civilization by the end of the century.

not to mention the impact of global warming on their already strained agricultural production / availability of drinking water. They're already receiving HUGE handouts from first world nations, what happens when they start asking for more and more?

Comment

• Nigromancy
                      • Nov 2010

Oh dear... Why is there so much cynical approach to one whole continent, so graciously?

African countries only gained independence from Europeans 50 years ago in the 50s and 60s. Not to try and make excuses, but people need to see that it takes time for nations to develop. South American countries gained independence 2 centuries ago, and some of those countries still have crushing poverty. This is partially the legacy of Colonialism, a cruel and oppressive system that rarely looked out for the peoples interest.

Africa's biggest problem is diversity.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

it is true that colonialism has lasting negative effects, but i think its obvious that the most debilitated colonial regions of africa are in far worse condition than any colonial regions in the americas or asia.

of course i realize this is a complex issue and not all areas of africa are such a mess. i say "africa" when talking about this situation just for ease of communication, rather than rattling off the individual nations and regions. so, yes there are reasonably stable regions but a huge portion is giant clusterfuck, it is by far the poorest continent in the world, and keep in mind there is not one country in africa that is considered "developed".

and my other point, or rather question, is just that the atrocities in africa are really atrocious. when its bad, its really bad.

i dunno i just wonder why. and if it will ever get better

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

Does this site have a "guilty pleasures" thread? Somewhere to post items in your wardrobe that you love but are definitely not SZ approved. I think that'd be entertaining.

Britney would look great in Rick if she lost the red turtleneck. I don't know if anything could look worse. I guess plaid pants. I heard a rap song on the radio and the guy was talking about how all he wears is Raf and Rick Owens.

DRRRK.. I'd sig your post (10 up) if I didn't dislike sigs.

Africa is fucked. Even Greece is unfixable.

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

Greece is not unfixable. How can you even say that? Genuinely curious to read your reasoning
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

That was a bit much.. anything is possible but it will certainly be a difficult task. Especially with the way they're responding to the debt. They need to clean house and replace their officials which is nearly impossible.
                              You can't have people running your government who purposely give incorrect data so they look "safe" in the public eye.
                              Back when the Euro was introduced Greece was lucky to be a part of it and when their borrowing power expanded beyond belief they exploited it and said they didn't.
                              Now all of these laws (that have always been in place) will actually be enforced and Greece is appointed someone to give true data about their debt and instead of sucking it up and taking the truth they threaten the guy and they accuse him of treason.
                              Now they (and other Euro-zone countries) want to make billions more Euros to get out of debt which is just a band-aid that definitely leads to inflation. Thankfully the country calling the shots (Germany) is firmly opposed to the idea. Sadly, in many respects it would be easier to make Germany more like Greece than the reverse.

Something will change but it won't be easy. That's all I'm saying.
                              Last edited by Peasant; 01-23-2012, 05:24 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

i just got a credit for a purchase i never returned. i initiated the return online but i decided to not return it. 2 months later, the retailer sent me emails confirming they received the item and now i have a 4-figure credit on my card.

wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎