X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

I just shoot it and don't clean it up. I have years worth of data germinating on my wallpaper.

Comment

• kuugaia
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by rider View Post
      the truth about leather, i warn you, its graphic.
      http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...shion-message/
      It was posted elsewhere on this forum, but since this topic received some traction here, might as well post it again: Earthlings Documentary (free to watch/stream). The clips used in the above ad were taken from this documentary, so it's interesting.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      well one thing i wonder is why do they have to treat them like that? you always kill the animal right before u trim it or butcher it. and it is supposed to be a "painless" method like a shot to the head.

i am from texas and some of my family is still involved in working ranches etc and i've seen quite a bit of the reality of ranching and it doesn't take long when u live in that world to lose your sentimentality toward the animals but u never lose respect for them. yes when you shear a sheep sometimes he gets cut but he is never injured. yes we de-horn the cattle and it hurts them and sometimes they bleed but we don't hack it off at the flesh with no regard for the animal. but then yes eventually we sell them for slaughter. so...there's that.

for a moment i thought the chili pepper in the eye thing was crazy and then i remembered its just because those guys maybe can't afford a cattle prod.
      ^ I would highly recommend that you watch the Earthlings documentary. Ignore all of the emotion-jerking voice overs, but just watch what is literally recorded. I am no vegan, and I love leather as much as the next-guy, but I enjoyed watching that documentary because I felt more conscious of my choices afterwards. The parts I bolded in your post are discussed in the documentary.

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
      Dedicated to self-saboteurs, everywhere.

Top 5 Regrets of the Dying

^ Thanks for posting this - really good to read that before making a big life-changing decision.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

I don't often recommend tumblr's...this one is funny tho:

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

i am interested so i will watch kuugaia. and i guess for full disclosure, in a situation where an animal is to be drained of blood (exsanguinated) u use a stunner that causes basically brain death but keeps them alive so that the heart continues pumping the blood. so, in that sense they are alive. this is not a regular activity on a ranch that raises cattle for sale at auction, etc.

another type of stunner actually kills them. like the weapon of choice for that wack job in no country for old men

most real country vets just use a firearm.

and honestly there is respect for the animals. at least in this corner. otherwise we wouldn't spend a fortune on food, land, medicine, shelter, veterinary care, etc...
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Crowzer
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by tron View Post
            Ohoho, I tought sankaku complex is not so famous. :D

Comment

• coro
              • Dec 2008

Whitney has left us...may she rest in peace...

Comment

• Carcass
                • May 2010

best movie ever

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

^ I literally just finished watching that.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Crowzer
                    • Feb 2011

Special effects are really pretty ! Watched it some months ago, I have not been disappointed.

Comment

• I have yet to see that movie but if you are into trolls, you can't avoid this amazing movie and its prequel "Troll".

I love how the trailers pretty much sum up the whole movie... but they are still worth watching!

Comment

• coro
                        • Dec 2008

this is genius...

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

My city is burning again.

There were rumors that the National Library was also burnt, but fortunately they were disproved.

I'm still fucking angry though.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• trentk
                            • Oct 2010

Flying with more clothes than I can take in a carry on bag makes me nervous.... good thing 99% of airport workers won't recognize the value of mostly black, distressed clothes.
                            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ Yeah, I just gave up - unless it's Versais, no one will give a shit.

Man, all these dSLR deals online are making me trigger happy
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kuriz
                                • Nov 2010

Logged in to my e-mail a few minutes ago and atleast three different people wanted to sell me viagara. Market must be huuuge!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎