X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudo
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
    Nah, getting the economy growing is the answer.
    THIS. Also people should STOP comparing government to regular household. The government debt is nothing like a regular household debt. CCP and H&M have much more in common than those two. Household debt is debt you owe someone else. Government debt is mostly money we owe it to each other. And income is mostly selling things to each other where your spending is my income and my spending is your income.

Yes, our debt in a long term should be more balanced, but not now when the economy is sinking. public spending (government) should increase to take over the gap created due to private spending decrease.

If our debt was truely a problem, I assure you that market will be one of the first place to recognize, but no, our government can still borrow at record low rates. Some people say it will soar up anyday now, but yea shit has happen in number of years now.

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

It's not like our credit rating was reduced or anything; regardless, deficit spending only works when you stop during boom years. the gub'mit aint keynesian, it just pays lip service to the concept.

anyway i already solved the problem of debt, currency deflation, taxation, and government spending

Comment

• rudo
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
        It's not like our credit rating was reduced or anything;
        Our credit rating would be the exact thing reduced if our deficit was a serious issue. Credit rating is the exact measure of ability to borrow and repay.

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

i watch and listen to tv commercials and notice that many of them seem to use famous celebrities for voice overs. why use & pay famous celebrities huge sums of $$$ when they can get a virtual nobody that SOUNDS like the celebrity. i mean i never know if it's the actual "known" person or a sound alike anyway.

there can't be laws against sounding like someone.... can there?

and just to be clear, i'm not more apt to buy the product either way.

this was prompted by hearing an insurance commercial with a voice over that sounded like julia roberts. i thought there would be no way she would do it.... googled & discovered that,in fact, it is she. very surprised (prob really shouldn't be) but still don't get it. not that she took the $$ but why the advertiser would pay it.

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
            there can't be laws against sounding like someone.... can there?
            Hard to say. Shit can be crazy. Warren Miller, for instance, is not allowed to use his voice in ski films, even if he is uncredited and unpaid. This is because Warren Miller Films (unassociated with Warren Miller, the man) "owns" his voice. Given that something that parasitic and bullshit-tastic is legally possible, I find it hard to make any kind of confident claims about sounding like someone.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

Anti-gay priest calls 911 after getting stuck in handcuffs (wearing "some kind of gag"...).

...don't miss the recording at the bottom of the article.

Comment

• Atmosphere
                • Jan 2010

I've got a question for the french people of the forum; how much of a fucking clown does the average frenchman think Gerard Depardieu is?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Priceless

I must say though 75% is a pretty harsh tax.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Atmosphere
                    • Jan 2010

^
                    haha, that picture is indeed priceless.

i wonder how much of a disaster the robber baron's movie that he'll star in is gonna turn out... i guess he'll be happy with the millions earned though.

about the french tax, it reminds me quite a lot about this story.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I must say though 75% is a pretty harsh tax.
                      I would be very happy to have to pay this 75% tax.
                      Because it would mean that I would be as rich as G.D is fat.

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...202310173.html
                        of all the times ive played monopoly i never pick the wheelbarrow , im not sure why either . i usually pick the dog or the shoe . its kinda funny when i think about it cos i recall a few times where if i didnt get the token i wanted and got stuck w/ somethin i didnt want like the dumbass thimble or iron then i just couldnt get into the game as much and found myself wanting to quit early .
                        as for the potential new tokens i like the robot alot , but if we could give our own ideas for new tokens im thinkin a can of pop , baseball bat , a burger w/ like lettuce comin out the sides , or for an animal maybe like a t rex standing on 2 legs , or if it has to be somethin more relatable like a house pet im thinkin a turtle , maybe a grenade too just kiddin

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

how about a rick owens trainer? i still want to have my first pair bronzed.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

rick owens monopoly
                            the different levels of property are denoted with texture instead of color
                            play while sipping rick owens x dom perignon (brut, naturally)
                            from rick owens crystal glasses which have rick owens etched on them and also they're full of holes
                            Last edited by Patroklus; 01-09-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

solid gold.

sain't

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

solid gold.

thank you