X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    how do we protect free speech but stop allowing people to just say whatever the fuck they want, even if it is blatantly untrue.
    Accountability. When making a blatantly dishonest statement in public gets you corrected and ridiculed, instead of getting you more free publicity, we'll maybe be able to get somewhere.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Tafkap
      • Oct 2006

is anyone paying attention to the 2012 US elections? not just the presidential election but also all these crazy ads we see every day for local politicians whose primary platform is hating obama and lying about him. how do we protect free speech but stop allowing people to just say whatever the fuck they want, even if it is blatantly untrue.
      how about The Washington Post story that claimed Romney bullied a gay student in high school and it was proven that this story was a flat-out attack on Romney and completely false? Also, one of the "witnesses" of this bullying actually never witnessed this event at all, but rather, worked on Obama's campaign.

or Media Matters, a company that is supposed to monitor this very misinformation that you speak of...it has now been exposed for being nothing but an extension of the left, NBC and Obama's white house (in so many words).
      funny how Media Matters' "Misinformer of the Year" has been a Fox News personality or someone other than NBC for the last 10 years all but once.

I don't know why Obama and his supporters and networks get a free pass. I could care less about the back-and-forth bickering and media bashing, etc. I know and have seen first hand what Obama is capable of doing and not doing and for that reason alone, he won't be our president next year. But boy, that's a never ending debate.

For the record I think both Obama and Romney are morons. But Romney the lesser of two evils.

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Tafkap, do your homework better.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

So much awesome:
          The current Google Doodle, a fully functioning web-based synthesizer in tribute to the late Robert Moog, prominently features a record button. Hundreds of cover songs are being recorded by users around the world using the Moog doodle -- here's a sampling of the best.

Comment

• Tafkap
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
            Tafkap, do your homework better.
            oh please. not even getting involved in a political debate. it's not about doing homework, it's about making decisions based on what i see and live in my daily life. and those are facts buddy so your comment is laughable! :) i'll leave it at that.

Comment

• laughed
              • Jul 2009

is this anything new? this is what politics are about. and newsweek has been a joke for i don't know how long. speaking to tafkaps point - i used to watch morning joe in the mornings before work but the obvious bias in favor of obama became ridiculous. there's just no denying it. and yes, the media matters thing is real. how in the hell does al sharpton have his own damn show on msnbc?! when they gave that clown a show i was gone.
              greg gutfield and red eye for life!! the only paper i read is the ny post...i don't know what that says about me
              i visit nypost.com about 50 times a day. love 'em!

Comment

• Torchiere
                • May 2009

I swear every time I look at this I get a shit eating grin on my face.

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

^what tha? that's weird. can't decide whether it wants to be a black joke or a white joke.

why i love nypost
                  Last edited by laughed; 05-23-2012, 10:38 PM. Reason: nypost

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post
                    I know and have seen first hand what Obama is capable of doing and not doing and for that reason alone, he won't be our president next year.
                    Except that he's outpolling Romney and is raising campaign donations more than twice as quickly, both fantastic signs of his inevitable victory in November, after which he will continue to dither and generally accomplish very little, with the exception of delivering us the corpse of Ahmajinedad in the year 2015.

Comment

• laughed
                      • Jul 2009

Obama for president! Clooney for vice president!

okay...be sure to take the picture when i look like i'm in deep thought.....uh, sorta like in that movie i was in - The Ides Of March - yeah, that's it....but only in real life, with the real president! I'll hang it on my wall next the kennedy picture and when i have guests over they'll really know i mean business!
                      4 more years! 4 more years!

special advisor to pres obama - angelina jolie!
                      The Tomb Raider herself VS Ahmajinedad!!!!

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

is anyone paying attention to the 2012 US elections? not just the presidential election but also all these crazy ads we see every day for local politicians whose primary platform is hating obama and lying about him. how do we protect free speech but stop allowing people to just say whatever the fuck they want, even if it is blatantly untrue. i mean, when do we get to say that people are just too fuckin stupid and we can't allow them to be lied to like this because they can't be trusted to seek out the truth themselves and make an informed decision? or are we just headed for idiocracy...
                        haha, here we go:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• trentk
                          • Oct 2010

Are there any math majors, graduate students, or professors on sz?
                          "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

math major - no
                            grad student - used to be
                            professor - was one (freshman english)

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Tafkap View Post

For the record I think both Obama and Romney are morons. But Romney the lesser of two evils.
                              Well, you are a fucking idiot then.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Bad political taste should bring the ban hammer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎