• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
    Bad political taste should bring the ban hammer.
    That was going to be my next post, actually.
    Although "taste" is not the word I would use. Although Sontag would!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Verdandi
      • Mar 2012

As someone who is not from the US, I am genuinely curious why someone would vote Republican?
      lavender menace

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by trentk View Post
        Are there any math majors, graduate students, or professors on sz?
        At least one. (major, then grad student, switched to cs).
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
          As someone who is not from the US, I am genuinely curious why someone would vote Republican?
          Do you know how you feel when a kid in a car he can't afford himself cuts you off in traffic and nearly causes an accident? That's how Republicans feel, all the time.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Verdandi View Post
            because democrats are pretty much gay black muslim liberals who are trying brainwash everyone
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

^Also true.

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

dear takfap, here are some replies for you:

how about The Washington Post story that claimed Romney bullied a gay student in high school and it was proven that this story was a flat-out attack on Romney and completely false? Also, one of the "witnesses" of this bullying actually never witnessed this event at all, but rather, worked on Obama's campaign.
                you're right. a story in the washington post is the exact same as the actual opposing candidate spouting outright lies every chance he gets. or 4 years of "he's a kenyan muslim baby killer that hates the troops!!"
                or Media Matters, a company that is supposed to monitor this very misinformation that you speak of...it has now been exposed for being nothing but an extension of the left, NBC and Obama's white house (in so many words).
                funny how Media Matters' "Misinformer of the Year" has been a Fox News personality or someone other than NBC for the last 10 years all but once.

umm....media matters has not been "exposed" as anything. they are who they say they are.

Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

but furthermore, are u suggesting that media matters is wrong about fox? are u somehow claiming that fox news is not a misinformer? are u somehow claiming that media matters has the same degree of destructive influence on americans that fox news has?

well here's some recent news for you...

there was also a funny incident between jon stewart and fox news' chris wallace a while back. click here to watch the video:

the daily show

and then after all was said and done here was politifact's response to jon stewart:

The striking thing about the comments we received -- almost 100 e-mails plus countless tweets and Facebook postings during the first 24 hours -- is how quickly readers zeroed in on a distinction our piece did not draw. They said we erred by failing to distinguish between a viewer being "misinformed" and a viewer being "uninformed" or "ill-informed."

Steven Kull, the director of WorldPublicOpinion.org, wrote us after the story appeared to say that testing for lack of knowledge is not enough. "We analyzed the effect of increased exposure to news outlets. We found that with all other outlets, increased exposure generally resulted in less misinformation. However, for Fox viewers, on nine points of information, increased exposure correlated with increased misinformation. This was true of only one point of information for public broadcasting and MSNBC viewers, and two points of information for network news. This effect was found in the 2003 study as well. Fox viewers were the only group for whom increased exposure resulted in greater misinformation."

also i have 2 words for u: Rush Limbaugh. fuck it 2 more: Glenn Beck

I don't know why Obama and his supporters and networks get a free pass. I could care less about the back-and-forth bickering and media bashing, etc. I know and have seen first hand what Obama is capable of doing and not doing and for that reason alone, he won't be our president next year. But boy, that's a never ending debate.
                a free pass from whom? barack obama is the most lied about unjustly attacked president i've ever seen. this country has never been more divided and that certainly isn't a result of actions taken by the left. thats blatantly the end result of a 24hr a day onslaught of misinformation and fear mongering from the right. if people stuck to the facts there would be no debate

For the record I think both Obama and Romney are morons. But Romney the lesser of two evils.
                for the record, and no offense intended, but on this particular issue i think you may be the moron here. they are obviously both bright, talented dynamic people. you don't get to that level by being a moron. one is just more of a greasy shitty corrupt politician than the other
                Last edited by cjbreed; 05-24-2012, 03:14 PM.
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                  This was too great to be lost in the noise!
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Torchiere
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                    Are there any math majors, graduate students, or professors on sz?
                    I'm stats, so kind of.

Comment

• widmerpool
                      • Nov 2010

I hope Obama wins. No other president has ever supported Argentina's campaign to recover the Maldives.
                      http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                        for the record, and no offense intended, but on this particular issue i think you may be the moron here. they are obviously both bright, talented dynamic people. you don't get to that level by being a moron. one is just more of a greasy shitty corrupt politician than the other
                        This. I had the same argument about the French presidential campaign and no matter how much you disagree with a candidate, as you say, you don't get to that level by being a moron. Ok, let's exclude Bush.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Zenith
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          because democrats are pretty much gay black muslim liberals who are trying brainwash everyone
                          From mexico

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

^Cjbreed - i'm sorry, but you're an idiot - NUFF SAID.

Comment

• Tafkap
                              • Oct 2006

cjbreed - you're exactly right on everything. you're so smart it makes me envious. guess i'll start watching the daiillllyyyyy shoowwwww.
                              lol

im·be·cile
                                 /ˈɪmbəsɪl, -səl or, especially Brit., -ˌsil/ Show Spelled[im-buh-sil, -suhl or, especially Brit., -seel]
                              noun
                              Informal . a dunce; blockhead; dolt.
                              Psychology . (no longer in technical use; considered offensive) a person of the second order in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, above the level of idiocy, having a mental age of seven or eight years and an intelligence quotient of 25 to 50.

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

Instead of calling people names why don't you try to stand for your beliefs using reasonable arguments? Considering how full of shit most republicans seem to be, I bet it will be hilarious.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎