X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Well, my rant wasn't about that but about how feminism has been co-opted and perverted in pop culture, becoming a catchall shield for these parvenus that have nothing to say at best and are detrimental to feminism at worst.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Well, my rant wasn't about that but about how feminism has been co-opted and perverted in pop culture, becoming a catchall shield for these parvenus that have nothing to say at best and are detrimental to feminism at worst.
      Don't get me wrong, I totally understood what you were trying to say and I agree completely. I just wanted to point out what I said because it is when I realized what the effect of that perverted and twisted feminism in pop culture was. Misguided people latching on to the ideals of further glorified misguided people, it leads to nothing!
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

possibly the best tumblr ever, I can't get over some of the photos

http://fatmanson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

My Brazilian cleaner (who speaks little English and takes about as much interest in fashion) today showed me a picture from the latest Rick men's show. Because of the penises, you know...
          Hang on, should have posted in WTF.

PS: I told her that was going to be my FW wardrobe.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

oh yea, even a crap newspaper in my tiny country wrote about it online, the commentary was hilarious.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Respect the cock
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Highlights:

- no one is going to wear these in public so what is the idea of this show!?
                - men nowadays use women's clothes, it's so weird, I laughed for 2 weeks
                - Interesting to see when the first dickvent guys will show up here
                - If I cut a hole in my bathrobe, I wonder how far I can walk without getting arrested. And if I get stopped by the cops, I will tell them I'm fashionable
                - Some people are simply interested in showing their balls and ass, maybe next there will be jumpsuits and clothes in which you can take a dump in

last one is on some next level prophecy
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

Smooth.

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    Highlights:

- Interesting to see when the first dickvent guys will show up here
                    - If I cut a hole in my bathrobe, I wonder how far I can walk without getting arrested. And if I get stopped by the cops, I will tell them I'm fashionable
                    - Some people are simply interested in showing their balls and ass, maybe next there will be jumpsuits and clothes in which you can take a dump in

Fantastic retort from Robin Givhan that we all should use.
                    "The runway is burdened with peanut gallery observers who look at photographs and wonder who would ever wear such a thing. (Does anyone ever look at a concept car and wonder who would drive it? Do we look at whiz-bang technology and deride the possibility?)"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      Highlights:

- Interesting to see when the first dickvent guys will show up here- If I cut a hole in my bathrobe, I wonder how far I can walk without getting arrested. And if I get stopped by the cops, I will tell them I'm fashionable

hm... couldn't possibly get me more hate than the rickdidas or flip-flops, so...

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

And the dumpsuit

Comment

• unwashed
                          • Dec 2008

1 Dollar = 1 Euro (Actually 1.02)
                          US trolling Europe?

Need to go back to when
                          1,5 Dollar = 1 Euro
                          Grailed link

Comment

• GucciAmen
                            • Sep 2014

1 USD=1.28 CAD

Don't complain.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I don't know where you are looking - it's $1.06 on Bloomberg.
                              Besides, STFU, you've enjoyed it for way too long - now it's our time.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• croatoan
                                • Jul 2007

I don't care at all about politics but I sure wish politician Scott Walker would go away so I can more easily search for/keep track of videos of musician Scott Walker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎