X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Emel View Post
    Just downloaded my first add-blocker. God is the internet now a beautiful place!
    Welcome to 2015.
    I also recommend Track-me-not, Blur and Ghostery.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Macabre
      • Nov 2013

Exactly what in the hell is Mike doing on the front page of Imgur!?

"The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

That's because he posted this on Reddit asking if this is religiously offensive and now there is a firestorm of commentary. Can't wait to see Mike on TV!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          That's because he posted this on Reddit asking if this is religiously offensive and now there is a firestorm of commentary. Can't wait to see Mike on TV!

as a religious man i am more offended by charlatans and grievous wolves who corrupt the faith rather than an atheist making a parody Christmas card
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• yubbermax
            • Jun 2014

Comment

• zen dog
              • Jan 2014

Here is wishing Happy Holidays to all! Whatever crap is going on in the world it is good to be around enough people that take a moment to inhale, let it out and bring a little more joy into the world.

For the non-religious (and religious) this is the turning point where the sun starts increasing its presence once again. In spite of all our modernity it is worth connecting with something on a fundamental level when the promise of nature's abundant return meant something.

Sorry, you southern hemisphere people are on your own.

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

friday thoughts: good thing my family is opening a distillery in asbury park because people are going to need lots of bourbon when their money is gone in the stock market and trump is potus...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Is it wrong of me to kind of rejoice that Scalia died? Now Obama gets to put another Democrat in the Supreme Court.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• En.
                    • May 2015

Is it wrong of me to kind of rejoice that Scalia died?
                    Not at all. His death deserved to be celebrated.
                    I also rejoiced after reading the news, rejoiced some more knowing Reagan's dead, then rejoiced a bit more knowing the Clintons will eventually follow.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

you guys are mean...........lol
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        you guys are mean...........lol
                        Us, no. Scalia, he was a mean sone of a bitch.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

^ truth. And natural causes, I have to wonder...in 5 years Michael Moore will do a film of the coverup.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

i am wasting my life

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I was rereading this article I wrote about why the 90s matter

And it occurred to me now that one of the reasons we have a bit of the 90s revival is that the people who are now running many media companies are in their late 30s any grew up in the 90s, so they are naturally referencing that period in their creative output.

Prime example:

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• facet5pera
                                • Sep 2016

I was rereading this article I wrote about why the 90s matter

And it occurred to me now that one of the reasons we have a bit of the 90s revival is that the people who are now running many media companies are in their late 30s any grew up in the 90s, so they are naturally referencing that period in their creative output.

Prime example:

I agree. I worry about the impact of the 90s revival on it's second target audience- the current younger generation- since it feels like the revival is encouraging the avoidance of personal talent/gains in favor of adherence to social hallucination.

http://www.resilience.org/stories/20...hallucinations brings up an interesting point of the connections between how the brain precieves television and remembers dreams.
                                This 90s nostalgia, I feel, pushes the younger generation back into a pursuit of the imagined "nostalgia" that they "remember", instead of looking at the state of art, music, literature, etc. and make a substantial change.
                                A bit extreme for a first post, woops...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎