Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

Did you really expect anything more of S. Williams? Her sister is much more mature IMO.

I don't like Murray at all. I think he has no fight. I'm upset he beat Nadal (he retired, but in all likelihood would have lost). I haven't been that big of a Federer fan since he broke down after Nadal beat him last year, but there's no denying that he's an excellent player. I'd take him over Murray any day.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• orphée
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
      I used to hate woman's tennis - but last US open really changed that for me. The Woman's game is far more unpredictable - it's almost as if the seeding doesn't count for women.
      My opinion as well....in fact, if I watch men's tennis, I record it and fast forward through most of it, although I must admit that I do plan on watching the men's final on account of Murray, as I think there might be some unpredictability there. On a down note however, I found Li Na a bit too predictable and, well, a bit boring; Zheng was fun.

Henin's backhand is pure silk. Allez!

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
        • Nov 2008

Yeah, Nadal is one of my favorites - I really wanna see him have a good year. Last season was a rough one for him, but he's young and I'm hoping he can bounce back. He's charming, elegant, plays with style.

Yeah, Murray is a jerk - but he can play. He's a solid all-court player. But yeah, I'm still calling it Federer in four. Maybe even straight sets.

Also - I vastly, vastly prefer men's tennis - I like the power, speed, and most importantly the 5 set drama. I've only recently started watching the women.

And don't start me on Serena - she's a disgrace to the sport. She spent all last year bad mouthing Safina for being #1 without winning a Slam. Thing is - Safina out played Serena in all the other tournaments. She might not have won a slam, but she was playing better and more consistent than Serena. And she's been bitching about the severity of her punishment for her behavior at the US open - fuck that. Pam Shriver, Navratilova et all were going off about it the other night. They thought she should have been stripped of her prize money, not allowed to play doubles and penalized from play this season. They said the message the tennis association was sending was that serena was more important than the sport itself.

Blah, I could go on and on. Tennis season gets me crazy!

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
        Did you really expect anything more of S. Williams? Her sister is much more mature IMO.

I don't like Murray at all. I think he has no fight. I'm upset he beat Nadal (he retired, but in all likelihood would have lost). I haven't been that big of a Federer fan since he broke down after Nadal beat him last year, but there's no denying that he's an excellent player. I'd take him over Murray any day.

Comment

• swami
          • Jul 2008

US OPEN 2010

Clijsters is a real solid player , I was really routing for Sam too bad she could not finish Kim off but the girl has mad potential.

Bummed they did not air the Verdasco/Ferrer match that looked like fun.

Nadal looks well placed to win his first Open/ End of Fed's era?

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎