Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior WAYLT...where are you living today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

i think i'm crying a little....
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

lmao, awesome.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
        • Sep 2009

lulz.

and beardown, is that a red goetz couch?

Comment

• Nikov
          • Nov 2008

now show us your CCP collection

Comment

• comedyzen
            • May 2009

I was just kidding when I posted those pictures and meant absolute no disrespect to this thread. I actually hope more people contribute to this (w/ their actual homes) as I love to see peoples' pads. But after seeing Beardown/Mona's places, there was no picture of my real home that would come close to being as impressive as theirs....so I opted to go the other extreme.

In case you were wondering. I was recently in Shanghai and was curious what apt's were renting for in a certain area I was walking through. So I went into a random apt. leasing company. I told them my range was was about $3000RMB ($440 USD) and what kind of apt could I get...they said they had something available that was cheaper than that for $2000RMB ($290)...and Tada!!! These pics were of that place. I honestly think it is even cheaper and they were just trying to shake me for more $$$.

BTW, where in Ohio do you live Beardown? I am from Cincinnati.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nikov View Post
              now show us your CCP collection
              ROFL...too much, too much.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Very neat, Eternal. Scandinavian, if I may say so myself :-). I have the same Ikea in-wall shelves - they are the best thing Ikea sells.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

for a first apartment, and also that you're a student this is very nice Eternal! everything looks untouched, so I guess this apartment is built not so long ago?

you have bought it right, it's not a rental?

Comment

• comedyzen
                    • May 2009

Great view! Where exactly do you live Eternal?

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

Very nice, Eternal. I like the buliding. The furniture may be Ikea, but it is tasteful nonetheless.

Comment

• bestial
                        • Jun 2008

Bergen, capital of blackmetal? :)

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Comedyzen,

No disrespect taken at all. You should have seen where I lived before I bought this house. It came complete with a crack dealer in the upstairs place. But your spot has a lot of potential...part of the fun is transforming a living space into a place you feel comfortable. More than money, it's just time and work to end up with a nice place. Money helps but there are lots of ways around it.

Eternal,
                          Love it all, from the outside on in. It's a shame that it's so common for Americans to continue to build things like McMansions when there are so many good architects out there these days. Function can co-exist with a nice aesthetic but you don't see it a whole lot in the U.S.
                          In the midwest, there are some hidden gems since Frank Lloyd Wright was around in the 60s but for the most part, it's as traditional and Americana as a wagon wheel and apple pie.
                          I would suggest that people just want function at the best price but since the rest of America's aesthetic is so tweaked, it's likely more driven by boring, contemporary visual trends.
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Stack
                            • Jan 2008

Nice pads to everybody here!

Been here for about 3 weeks with my soon-to-be fiance, but shhh ... don't tell her that

the only interior pic that I can be bothered taking at the mo (blame the bottle, not me) is of the lounge ...

but it was the outside that made me scream "yes! yes! ohhh fuck, yes!" when signing the reservation form ...

once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• comedyzen
                              • May 2009

Hey Bear, haha, the place isnt mine. It was a rental I was curious about in China. Where in Ohio are you? I am a former Buckeye myself? Cincinnati Boy.

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                              Comedyzen,

No disrespect taken at all. You should have seen where I lived before I bought this house. It came complete with a crack dealer in the upstairs place. But your spot has a lot of potential...part of the fun is transforming a living space into a place you feel comfortable. More than money, it's just time and work to end up with a nice place. Money helps but there are lots of ways around it.

Eternal,
                              Love it all, from the outside on in. It's a shame that it's so common for Americans to continue to build things like McMansions when there are so many good architects out there these days. Function can co-exist with a nice aesthetic but you don't see it a whole lot in the U.S.
                              In the midwest, there are some hidden gems since Frank Lloyd Wright was around in the 60s but for the most part, it's as traditional and Americana as a wagon wheel and apple pie.
                              I would suggest that people just want function at the best price but since the rest of America's aesthetic is so tweaked, it's likely more driven by boring, contemporary visual trends.

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Stack View Post
                                Nice pads to everybody here!

Been here for about 3 weeks with my soon-to-be fiance, but shhh ... don't tell her that

the only interior pic that I can be bothered taking at the mo (blame the bottle, not me) is of the lounge ...

Is that a stone pattern on the sofa?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎