Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

^Damn. That's impressive. Really like it.

Comment

• Speak
      • Nov 2007

haha nice bai, I also have an octopus :)

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

I am looking for an artist in London or NYC. I want to get something very geometrical and precise, lots of thin straight lines, etc as well as potentially some typography. I have a shortlist (Liam, Duncan X here in London) but any further recommendations are much appreciated.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Maybe PM darkanimal or Tiger. I know they're into that.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fenix
            • Aug 2010

I know you mentioned London or NYC but this guy does some crazy geometrical stuff and his line work in general is insane His name is Yann Black and he's out of Montreal but you may be able to catch him at a convention. His work isn't for everyone and there will always be those who knock some of his childlike sketch work but I think it is sick if you can rock it.

Yann Black Tattoos & Artwork - Tatouages & Tableaux
            Originally posted by hausofblaq
            Grow up.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
              I am looking for an artist in London or NYC. I want to get something very geometrical and precise, lots of thin straight lines, etc as well as potentially some typography. I have a shortlist (Liam, Duncan X here in London) but any further recommendations are much appreciated.
              the first that came to my mind in regards to geometry and precise lines is Thomas Hooper, his work is insane. works at NY Adorned.

another NY based artist I've heard good things about is Regino Gonzales, have seen some nice b&w work from him. works at Invisible NYC.

some of Hoopers work:

his new website doesn't seem to have pre-2010 work, but I remember his portfolio having some crazy geometric and ornamental pieces with superb linework.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                • Jan 2010

I'm not a huge fan of hand tattoos but (other than the line on the pinky) that one is really nice and the line work is excellent.
                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• thaiison
                  • Dec 2009

I've seen his work before, his animal tattoos are just amazing. I'm about to get my first tattoo and have been thinking of one of these, maybe I will make some adjustments, thicker lines or give them a sketch-feeling (regarding the second one).

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

I've been wanting to get a tatoo of an eye in the middle of one of my palms, but somehow I feel it's a terrible idea. It would be super creepy which would be amazing though

I think artist Theo Mercier has an amazing molar in the same place, and from what I remember it looked really cool, but I hear they get damaged super quickly there.
                    It's funny because I also have a tattoo of a molar somewhere else, but I didn't know he had one when I had it made.
                    Teeth are cool

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ i would think really hard before getting a tattoo that cannot be covered by clothing.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post
                        I know you mentioned London or NYC but this guy does some crazy geometrical stuff and his line work in general is insane His name is Yann Black and he's out of Montreal but you may be able to catch him at a convention. His work isn't for everyone and there will always be those who knock some of his childlike sketch work but I think it is sick if you can rock it.

yann is awesome - i was about to book a session with him for some abstract line-work but he moved from paris three weeks before i had actually made my mind up. montreal is just too far...

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post

http://www.yourmeatismine.com/
                          Wow. That kinda blows my mind.
                          Thanks all for getting back. Amazing tips
                          Lowrey, I know the hand line tat. Part of an amazing full sleeve. Just didn't know who had done it.
                          Puzzle solved.

Thanks.
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

i'm a big fan of duncan x

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              /\ i would think really hard before getting a tattoo that cannot be covered by clothing.
                              I already have one on a finger and one on my wrist. They are relatively discreet but I never hide them. I don't think I would be that bothered, except people would probably be a little disturbed by an eye, especially if it's realistic

Comment

• Icarium
                                • Oct 2010

Hrm so I'd previously never thought of getting a tattoo ever before since the thought was never appealing to me, but I recently got an idea for a tattoo that might be fitting enough for me to go through with pending finding a design that fits my needs.

I want to get a blackhole on my chest over my heart and a matching one on my back.

I think it'd represent the consumer in me, how I believe I'm a product of the experiences I've absorbed (Believer of 100 percent nurture over nature), and my conceited belief that I'm a dense/complex person ;p

Pretty hokey I know but it was this or my totem animal (laf).

Anyway another 15 pounds to lose or so before I'll start the quest for a designer.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎