• Aug 2012

Originally posted by mass View Post
      metalheadz :)

I noticed that too, nice.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cowsareforeating
        is there anyone who tattoos in cali who is on the same caliber as thomas hooper et al in terms of not just technique but unique style?

everything i've googled has been a little too.... just not the right vibe?

i've seen 2spirittattoo.com but the patterns i've seen seem a bit unoriginal and then i know theres a hardcore traditional japanese tattoo place in san jose but thats the closest ive found
        If they can't be easily found... I personally wouldn't even go for it. If you want something from Thomas, then get it from Thomas... or Maxime or whoever. A tattoo would be something worth traveling for IMO and looking for someone local for convenience would risk disappointment.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by cowsareforeating
          i thought he wasn't taking any new clients T___T? is that no longer the case?
          thomas hooper is relocating to austin, texas at the end of this month and will be tattooing from a shop there called rock of ages. i'd call the shop to learn about his availability and go through the paces to make an appointment. as chinorlz sagely noted above a tattoo is well worth traveling for, especially if you're after something this specific. cali has plenty of wonderful tattoo artists. i'm far from an expert but spider murphys in san rafael is known for their beautiful american traditional work and in los angeles there is of course mr. cartoon who also has incredible people working out of his shop and norm who has a shop called will rise. i'm sure there are plenty of others.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

New one from Scott Campbell

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

^ that's pretty amazing, M.
              sain't

Comment

• olethomas
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                New one from Scott Campbell
                The shape and shades really tune in well between your existing tattoos. It's quite graphic, but yet the naturalistic feeling is cool.

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

(Click to watch. Not tattoos, but aesthetically relevant.)
                  "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• ambrosian
                    • Dec 2012

^ Anyone know what the red character that looks like the hiragana 'ru' means?
                    street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• BrianK
                      • Jan 2013

Hi, can anyone recommend any areas around NYC for tattoo shops? I heard St Marks has a lot of tattoo shops but i dont know which one to choose considering this is my first time getting a tattoo

thanks

Comment

• modalsaliency
                        • May 2010

Does anyone have recommendations on a good artist in Japan? I'm not familiar with the scene there.

I'm travelling to Okinawa next week, although I wouldn't mind island hopping elsewhere for something like this. This would mostly be for abstract blackwork.

Unfortunately, this is a rather impromptu visit, so I'm not sure how much the lack of advance notice will hamper me. I'm sure many are fully booked.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                          Hi, can anyone recommend any areas around NYC for tattoo shops? I heard St Marks has a lot of tattoo shops but i dont know which one to choose considering this is my first time getting a tattoo

thanks
                          st marks looks pretty trashy to me, not that I'd have any actual experience though. why are you looking for "areas of shops" and not a single good artist/shop..?

either way, it depends on what you are looking for.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• OliverG
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2013

Looking for great tattoo shops in France, perferably Lyon or Paris. I will be going there and I want to get tatted there, time to add to the collection! Any recommendations are welcome!

Comment

• k3mist
                              • Apr 2013

i got no tattoos. but if i ever do get one..itll be at AKA Berlin.

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

Dragon Tattoo on rue du Roi de Sicile in Le Marais is quite good
                                There's also a tattoo artist called Dodie who sometimes works at Tribal Act, near Republique, rue Amelot I think (her own designs are quite girly, but she is talented and fast and will work with a design you provide if you so wish).
                                If you're not going to be here long, I suggest emailing them in advance, because they are quite busy

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎