Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bukka
    • Sep 2011

I know some of you like T. Hooper, at least I know it's the case of Mr. Nouveau.
    New book from the pattern boss is out: http://www.tattoolifemagazine.com/bookthomashooper
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
      I know some of you like T. Hooper, at least I know it's the case of Mr. Nouveau.
      New book from the pattern boss is out: http://www.tattoolifemagazine.com/bookthomashooper
      A couple of weeks ago Thomas showed me some of the hi res images to be used for this book. It's going to be damn incredible!
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bukka
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        A couple of weeks ago Thomas showed me some of the hi res images to be used for this book. It's going to be damn incredible!
        I love the images but it's kinda sad there isn't a single "real" tattoo in there. I love his art especially when it's tattooed.
        For the hi res images, do you know who the publishing house? The printing quality can make all the hi res go to waste...

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
          • Apr 2011

A pretty fresh man in the maze tattoo, part of a full sleeve to come

Comment

• radio-aktivität
            • Jan 2011

I love the images but it's kinda sad there isn't a single "real" tattoo in there. I love his art especially when it's tattooed.
            For the hi res images, do you know who the publishing house? The printing quality can make all the hi res go to waste...
            As stated on the site, it’s published by Tattoo Life out of Italy. And for 130E, I’d say one can hope for proper paper, printing and binding choices — especially in a book this small. But let’s wait until there are actual copies of it around, this is all just guessing.
            I sometimes wonder why, with so many (good) graphic designers in the ink business, often tattoo publications look so cheap.

Comment

• bukka
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
              As stated on the site, it’s published by Tattoo Life out of Italy. And for 130E, I’d say one can hope for proper paper, printing and binding choices — especially in a book this small. But let’s wait until there are actual copies of it around, this is all just guessing.
              I sometimes wonder why, with so many (good) graphic designers in the ink business, often tattoo publications look so cheap.
              I'll wait and see. Also, where did you see the size? I was looking for it and couldn't find it. I don't own anything from that publisher, I have no idea if they have a recurrent size used for their books.

Edit: I had to share the new promotional video from Gakkin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo09...eature=mh_lolz

The back piece with kenjy alucky is out of this world. (don't really like the girl tough, some are cool but the pot on her ass is quite gross...)
              Last edited by bukka; 04-02-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                • Jan 2011

I'll wait and see. Also, where did you see the size? I was looking for it and couldn't find it.
                I didn’t, actually. But I read about 120 paintings and as many textures, which leads to about 250 images and probably as many pages. More or less, I doubt this is going to be as massive as a ~1K page coffee table bible, or Ricks tome.
                So, yes: We’ll wait and see.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

going to be in London for ~10 days this August, and was hoping to book MxM.

despite some initial confusion back in January, it look like he's off the entire month of August.

i'm likely going to just wait until my next trip in 2015, but i thought i'd see if anyone had any recommendations for other artists in London worth checking out [if i'm particularly keen on Maxime's style]?

-

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                    • Jan 2011

Ryan Jessiman (http://ryanalfredjamesjessiman.tumblr.com/) at Shangri La Tattoo Parlour does very good black/white works. And of course there’s Liam Sparkes (who also tattoos at ShLa):
                    LONDON Custom tattooing in all styles, walk-in's always welcome! ♜♜♜ 364 Kingsland Road Dalston...

I didn’t find announcements for popular guests in August yet, I’d just keep an eye on the usual tweets. Maybe you’re lucky

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

thanks for the suggestions, i'll take a proper look through both links you provided.

i've missed out on a few guest artists at SBLDN this year who truly tickled my optical fancy - but the timing hasn't proven favourable.

still hoping for a surprise announcement, but nice to have some other options to peruse in the meantime - thanks again radio.

-

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I like Ryan Jessimans work, considered doing an appointment with him last year but ended up doing something else..

if I were to go somewhere in london, it would be shangrila, family business or aka.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• curiouscharles
                          • Jan 2008

thanks A, will take a look at those studios as well.

so far i'm quite enjoying Ryan's catalogue, so hopefully the wife & i will find someone we can both settle on.

-

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Mmmh you should also check divine canvas. Mattblack and Xed lehead are really good as well.

One of xed works: http://divine-canvas.com/wp-content/...ed_dc_gal3.jpg

Raphcemo: http://instagram.com/raphcemo

Comment

• jskidder1
                              • Jan 2011

got a little banger on my wrist from eli at smith street the other day. would love to see more traditional stuff posted in here:

Comment

• bukka
                                • Sep 2011

^

One of the traditional ones that I really like lately: http://instagram.com/j__mckenna

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎