X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bukka View Post
    Funny thing is that they are all spectacular tattooers yet their prices are so different...
    Anyway, you're both very lucky to live there, TH isn't guesting anywhere while you have all the big shots coming to your place
    Haha yeah neither of us live in Austin. Ive made the drive many times to see Thomas. Clocked 16 hrs with him at this point. Im sure Peasants number is even higher!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

hahaha ok ok, but still, how much is an insight flight? Austin, from my perspective, looks like somewhere on another planet

Edit: I'm flying as well but, luckily, Lausanne hosts a few good artists (like Leu or MxM till a year ago). Only one week left for a 12-15 hours appointment with Gakkin in BCN...!
      Last edited by bukka; 05-14-2014, 01:22 PM.
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• sajsami
        • Aug 2010

Could someone here please elaborate as to how much Maxime charges? I am very curious...

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

He charges by the piece, not the hour. Same with Liam. Hooper generally charges by the hour. It all depends on how large and complex it is, but he will ask you what your budget is. The bigger pieces on my arm (above) will run you about 500-600$.

Comment

• 550BC
            • Jan 2013

waiting for the day, I can proudly say that I got tattood by them...so far only locals/friends tattood me..
            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• sajsami
              • Aug 2010

Thanks Peasant....

I have work by Hooper, Jondix and Xed so am very familiar with their pricing. Just so many people say different things about MxM so curious as to whether he is positioning himself above these guys already in terms of £/$/€

Comment

• ronald_bne
                • Jun 2010

Rock of Ages scored some heavy hitters in the tattoo game for that week. That was one bad ass team. Oh and Maxime's pricing is very reasonable.

Comment

• dsmoove
                  • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                  He charges by the piece, not the hour. Same with Liam. Hooper generally charges by the hour. It all depends on how large and complex it is, but he will ask you what your budget is. The bigger pieces on my arm (above) will run you about 500-600$.
                  Did you create the design yourself? or did he help you?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

I would imagine (as is the same for Thomas et al.) that you give some guidelines of general aesthetic/concept and he mines his portfolio and you evolve something that he has been working on. In the end it is then sort of "collaborative" but retains the essence of why you are going to them and they specific style.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                      • Oct 2009

What he said! Pick the artist for his style and vision, tell him what your idea is and let him take over from there!
                      "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• dsmoove
                        • Oct 2013

Wow, that sounds extremely helpful. I've been looking over maxime buchi's tumblr/instagram for months now but I've been unable to come up with a design on my own. Does anyone know how hard it would be to get an appointment?

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                          • Oct 2009

depends. are you in London or can you travel to London? He is taking appointments for September/October right now and large pieces have priority.
                          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• dsmoove
                            • Oct 2013

No, I'm in NYC :/

Comment

• a bag of it
                              • Jan 2014

I love tattoos but I change my mind way too often to commit to anything permanent like a tattoo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dsmoove View Post
                                No, I'm in NYC :/
                                Lots of really great guys in NYC... but you gotta be willing to travel for some things!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎