Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icarium
    • Oct 2010

Wow shige's work is incredible. Excited to see the finished project.

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

^That's tomo's work, not shige right?
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• absintheparty
        • May 2013

Thanks guys. Yeah, my sleeve is being done by Tomo.
        I don't think I'll be able to make it back to Japan until next year, hoping to get it finished within 3 years.

Comment

• maahno
          • Mar 2013

loved this skyscrapers

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

Fine Light Trading X's Hooper Series

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

gonna start with my hands soon, but first the fingers/knuckles. (already have a few random on my hand/fingers though)
              I find it quite hard to come up with two 4 letter words that match each other and is not anything cliche or too random.
              Symbols could work too, but I will leave that for the row behind the top ones.

Gonna visit London soon for my hands,palms and neck. thinking about visiting Sang Bleu and AKA

Help me out if you like.
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

Damn.. you're going in hard. If my profession didn't frown so much on tattoos I'd def get my hands done. Possibly the front of my neck. I've never been into the four letter knuckle pieces. It's just be done and re-done to death. Then again.. what hasn't.
                Can't go wrong with SB or AKA. I'm hoping to take a trip with multiple AKA appointments made sometime in the future.

Comment

• blackfedora
                  • Jan 2012

Envious 550BC. I'm in a similar boat to Peasant. I might be able to get away with it in my current company because I've been there for quite some time, but not something I want to chance. Been having a terrible urge, over that last couple of months, to have my neck done, but my lady would probably disown me if I went through with it and my regular tattoo guy would probably reject the idea because he is hesitant to tattoo the neck of someone that is not in the industry or in some type of industry where it is common place. I can dream though.

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

Well I agree though and get that totally hence I keep postponing those spots.. I got too much random tattoos done by locals and friends(no regrets got nothing superficial mainstream) might post a photo when my entire upper body excl neck is covered.

I want to finish my stomache/ribs first and a few blank spots on my chest. Then continue with the back of my neck in London if not hands first. The thing is I already started with the side of my hands and the inside of 8 fingers. So can't hurt too much to continue with it. As I don't know yet what to tattoo on the knuckles, I guess I need more time.
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Sudden(!)Void
                      • Sep 2013

Super timor

Very young and gifted tattoer from Belgrade,
                      from the 5th of August he will join the Aka Berlin team

here's photos from his tumblr, love the "hands remember tattoo"
                      the black glove is actually on my left arm

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
                        • Aug 2010

nice stuff !

planning to have a visit to akaberlin next year, probably get some stuff from barbe rousse

Comment

• dronevil
                          • Jul 2010

Had a good friend of mine (who at that time was still an apprentice) do this lovely Harry Clarke Illustration with his own twist. Donated that leg to him for a future sleeve.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                            gonna start with my hands soon, but first the fingers/knuckles. (already have a few random on my hand/fingers though)
                            I find it quite hard to come up with two 4 letter words that match each other and is not anything cliche or too random.
                            Symbols could work too, but I will leave that for the row behind the top ones.

Gonna visit London soon for my hands,palms and neck. thinking about visiting Sang Bleu and AKA

Help me out if you like.
                            Definitely going in hard!

Abstract symbols/shapes instead of actual words would be the way I'd go about it myself if I was thinking about getting my hands done.

Would love to see your collection if you ever get around to posting. I've been thinking about doing my left shoulder with some more symmetric yet abstract geometry that connects with simple linework to more geometry on the inner upper arm.... need to mull over it some and then see if I'll go with Thomas or wait for MXM for it.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• 550BC
                              • Jan 2013

sounds interesting man! I wish I started with better concepts, I went too fast on a certain period and got many at the same tattoo artist which is a friend/local artist. but at the end they were all a part of me back then and I cherished those moments so it's a chapter of a book I guess.

Yeah might look into symbols instead of words if words are too forced when I come up with some combos.

MXM is def on my list to get some done preferably my hands and neck, gonna black out or second layer my sleeves for a part when I am a bit further with the rest of my body, or let them fade away for a few years and layer over it with a geometric pattern.

I will post a full body pic once I am further with my progress!
                              Looking forward to see yours!
                              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• bukka
                                • Sep 2011

^I tried to make him post his tatts before

I'll make you a post with some possibilities (other than the big dogs like mxm, thomas, etc...) before the end of the week 500BC
                                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎