X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radio-aktivität
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
    ^nice man im also trying to get something geometric / shapes on my forearms but i can't decide to get an appointment with maxime or john sultana for it
    I think they have quite different visions. I struggle a bit to find the right words to describe, but from my point of view, Maximes ideas and art are way colder and less organic than John’s. He’s way more architectural, and also more obscure with the medieval influences. Both do special work, so it’s up to you — to decide which direction you want to go.
    Also, you just missed his guest spot in NYC. I mean, it could be you don’t want to travel to London.
    Last edited by radio-aktivität; 12-09-2014, 03:18 PM. Reason: forgot something...

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

t-bone, that piece is too sick man, saw it on instagram
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Aurum
        • Dec 2013

550 BC--Where is Maxime's studio in Europe? I remember hearing he had a place in Berlin, but his social media suggests that he's practicing in London....

Comment

• 550BC
          • Jan 2013

It's Sang Bleu in London at 29B Dalston Lane.
          a fish out of water dies

Comment

• wildinthewoods
            • Feb 2014

i really want to get some work done by Maxime. I'll probably let him have my entire back. I have lots of available space.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Rad, T-Bone. Really great. Loose similarity to what I had done a few months back. Hope to fill in the open areas next time I'm in the UK.

Originally posted by t-bone View Post
              Forgot to post what I got from him while he was here:

Comment

• Resonkuken
                • Oct 2012

Damn, T-bone, that looks amazing. Perfect placing as well.

Comment

• BrianK
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by radio-aktivität View Post
                  I think they have quite different visions. I struggle a bit to find the right words to describe, but from my point of view, Maximes ideas and art are way colder and less organic than John’s. He’s way more architectural, and also more obscure with the medieval influences. Both do special work, so it’s up to you — to decide which direction you want to go.
                  Also, you just missed his guest spot in NYC. I mean, it could be you don’t want to travel to London.
                  Yeah i don't mind traveling but its the waiting time that sucks since it might interfere with my work /school schedule but I've always wanted to get geometric shapes like this pic but if theres one in the U.S thats capable of this then thats awesome as well.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                    • Oct 2014

Just a general question, there's nothing wrong with having different styles of tattoos, is there? Like a tattoo faux pas..

I'm considering getting my left arm done in a traditional Japanese style sleeve, while getting a compilation of smaller classic style tattoos on my right arm.
                    Does that sound stupid/unsavoury?

Comment

• Atom
                      • Sep 2009

I see no problem with traditional Japanese mixed with traditional western style. Old western tattooers often borrowed from Japanese style (might go other way around as well), so they kinda go hand in hand.

But I wouldn't mix anything too traditional with contemporary styles. Doesn't work too well together.

Comment

• hausofblaq
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Atom View Post
                        I see no problem with traditional Japanese mixed with traditional western style. Old western tattooers often borrowed from Japanese style (might go other way around as well), so they kinda go hand in hand.

But I wouldn't mix anything too traditional with contemporary styles. Doesn't work too well together.
                        Alright, that's good to hear.
                        Yeah, I definitely would stick to traditional/classic, contemporary styles seem too "trendy"? for me. Not sure if that's the right word, I just can't see myself liking those styles later down the road in life.

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                          • Feb 2014

Yeah i don't mind traveling but its the waiting time that sucks since it might interfere with my work /school schedule but I've always wanted to get geometric shapes like this pic but if theres one in the U.S thats capable of this then thats awesome as well.
                          http://www.tattoo.com/sites/default/...64124001_n.jpg
                          Thomas Hooper should be more than capable of doing something like this on you. He's in Texas.

Also hausofblaq though I personally don't want to have any mixed styles I think it can look good if integrated properly. A friend of mine has an entire japanese style sleeve that extends to his chest and back and then basically the rest of his upper body done by Yann Black in art brut style including an entirely black sleeve, and it works. Yann really tried to meld his stuff in with the sleeve that was already there. If your tattooist is capable and you're willing to work with him/her, then they should be able to really blend the new work they're doing with older work you have and make you look good.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by wildinthewoods View Post
                            Thomas Hooper should be more than capable of doing something like this on you. He's in Texas.
                            yea, except:

Yeah i don't mind traveling but its the waiting time that sucks
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                              • Apr 2009

Continued sleeve today
                              One session left to do shoulder (mandala) and some smaller stuff

Comment

• collecting_items
                                • Oct 2014

human technology

here are mine:

Tragen Schwarz, jeden Tag
                                bis es was dunkleres gibt

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰