Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

Thomas Hooper finished my forearm last week. Got two more appointments with him in April.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

lovely!

Any more work to the roses on your abdomen?

I'm probably not going to book another seating with Thomas until August... but at that time we're going to move onto the back and keep going!
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

I never thought I'd say this, but you're lucky you live in Texas!

My appointment next week is for a one-off piece, and then the one after that, we'll finish the torso.

Comment

• Resonkuken
          • Oct 2012

Looks like an amazing work. Cool stuff, man.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
            I never thought I'd say this, but you're lucky you live in Texas!

My appointment next week is for a one-off piece, and then the one after that, we'll finish the torso.
            Haha! Maybe one of the few perks aside from delicious breakfast tacos

Very cool! Will keep an eye out for photos of the new work!!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

I'm have an approx 3-4 hr session tomorrow on my collarbone/throat area....any advice on "supplements" that can help take the edge off (legal/prescription I mean)? I've been reading mixed results using pain killers/tranquilizers etc....was wondering if anyone has any advice (aside from a full stomach)? I have various left-overs from injuries.

I haven't had anything done for about 10 years now and tend to get light-headed...wanting to avoid that if at all possible.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

Eat a solid meal. NSAIDS help though some will argue that you'll bleed more. Not that it's a life threatening amount either way. They'll keep the inflammation aspect down. Other than that, pain killers/opiates if you have them. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience unless they make you extremely nauseated.

Comment

• nycd
                  • Oct 2006

take the edge off? i always thought the pain was part of what you were paying for. the endorphin rush is pretty awesome after a few minutes.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

^ I just don't want to puke/pass out.

Thanks for the tips Peasant.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

I just did yoga breathing for my ribcage tats, and it helps immensely with the potential nausea. Also it hurts a lot less, since I wasn't that uncomfirtable and ribs are supposedly the worst? I dunno. But yeah, my tip is yoga breathing

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                        I'm have an approx 3-4 hr session tomorrow on my collarbone/throat area....any advice on "supplements" that can help take the edge off (legal/prescription I mean)? I've been reading mixed results using pain killers/tranquilizers etc....was wondering if anyone has any advice (aside from a full stomach)? I have various left-overs from injuries.

I haven't had anything done for about 10 years now and tend to get light-headed...wanting to avoid that if at all possible.
                        Yeah just remembering to breathe is huge.

A Norco/Vicodin taken 30min to 1 hr before would probably dull the pain a little bit. I'm sure getting a bit drunk would do the same as well

I have been wondering why Emla cream isn't more widely used (topical lidocaine cream) although I think it requires a prescription.

Definitely going over the collarbone and around the nipple are rough times but hey... it's all part of the experience!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Y'all gonna like the next issue of SZ magazine. That's all I'm gonna say for now.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                            eyes of the world
                            • Jun 2009

I had a script for lidocaine cream and used it liberally for mine...it does cut the edge to tolerant levels but needs to be reapplied often once the really sensitive areas are hit and rehit.

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

I tried the emla cream once and it did nothing. I think you're right that it has to be constantly reapplied. I'm going to try the slow breathing, although its a bit awkward when someone is so close to your face for so long...

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009

try to breathe with your lower lungs, it will relax you more and reduce movement in your upper body, which will help the tattoo artist I think

the more relaxed you are the less you'll feel it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎