Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

Arsene Wanker would love to have modders in midfield! Although he is slight like many of the gooners, he has strength and doesn't drop like a fly when touched! Considering half your midfield is disintegrating by the day.
    Yes im a Spurs fan :P
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• modern77
      • Oct 2006

lol. From your response, would never have been able to tell ;)

Comment

• shah
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by modern77 View Post
        Don't get all the hype over Modric. Good player, but seems a bit overrated in my opinion (coming from an Arsenal fan so take as you may)

Arsenal's future is clouded in uncertainty. Hoping they can keep Nasri and bring in Juan Mata to replace Cesc, and of course bring in some defensive signings to address their most obvious weaknesses.
        nothing aside from useless media speculation indicates that cesc is going. the [british] press is so pathetic now i can't even be bothered to read it, it's all based off fabrications from goal.com or some random twitter/blog that gets eaten up because there's nothing to write. on the other hand, a rumor now that nasri is [undeservedly] being offered a 105k salary if he signs but his problem is reassurance of new recruits ...

Comment

• Mikevigar
          • Jan 2010

Modric is a great player, he might not score us loads of goals each year but his ball retention is incredible, he makes things happen in midfield and doesn't lose the ball much at all. For me he plays pretty similarly to Iniesta albeit not as good at pushing forward, but the similar ability to keep the ball on the end of his foot and create space.

I'm getting frustrated about our lack of activity though, lower the price tags on Hutton, Keane, Dos Santos and Krancjar to raise 20 million and break the bank on Aguero or Rossi or something.

There is a general lack of activity across the board I think, why isn't Samba already an Arsenal player? Why isn't Parker already at Spurs? United, Liverpool and Sunderland have the right idea, get it done quickly!

Comment

• modern77
            • Oct 2006

As a midfielder myself (obviously not professionally), I understand Modric's strengths. Still think he's overrated. Yes he retains possession quite nicely but lacks the vision and incisive passing that makes a playmaking midfielder great. Good yes, great...no.

Yeah I think Arsenal are waiting to see if they can hold onto Nasri and Cesc before deciding in which direction they will go in the market. Obviously defense is a major area of concern and it appears that the Samba deal will go through, and maybe Cahill as well, but I guess they are waiting to see how much funds they actually will have at their disposal before making any definitive commitments.
            Last edited by modern77; 07-09-2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• jj.still
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
              bielsa will be atlethic club de bilbao's new coach...fuck yeah
              Congrats.
              IMO, La Liga and Serie A upcoming season will be more interesting and entertaining than APL

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

All this talk is making me want to get cable TV. STOP!!!!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mikevigar
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Haha I remember the first thing I did when I got a job after uni was ring up Virgin and get the complete sports package, at the time the girlfriend thought it was great (no more getting dragged to bars to watch games every weekend), four years on it is safe to say having Sky is the bane of her life when it comes to football

As for Arsenal, they surely have cash kicking around to not have to worry about how much is coming in. They have just got 7 mil for Clichy, Bendtner wants to go and they could get a few million for him, and they never really spend much so I would be HUGELY surprised if it is purely a case of needing to raise the funds first. To me, it is just Wenger's strange approach to the transfer market as we see every season. Being an Arsenal fan must be frustrating.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    My condo fee covers cable so I felt that it wouldn't be a terrible thing to splurge on the sports package for myself.

Now, on to more important things, like Barça: it's just a matter of time before Cesc returns to Camp Nou, 40 million quid or not, no?

MBD
                    "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                    It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                    My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Mikevigar
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                      My condo fee covers cable so I felt that it wouldn't be a terrible thing to splurge on the sports package for myself.

Now, on to more important things, like Barça: it's just a matter of time before Cesc returns to Camp Nou, 40 million quid or not, no?

MBD
                      Do Barcelona really need him though? And did I read correctly the other day that Pedro has something like a 150 million euro buyout clause in his contract???

Ahhh I hate the off-season

Comment

• modern77
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post

MBD
                        No!!!!!!

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mikevigar View Post
                          Do Barcelona really need him though? And did I read correctly the other day that Pedro has something like a 150 million euro buyout clause in his contract???

Ahhh I hate the off-season
                          Why would any club buy Pedro? He spends about as much time on the floor feigning pain as actually playing football.

As for Fabregas, if he moves to Barcelona he would join the ranks of the world's most expensive bench warmers.
                          Last edited by Sombre; 07-09-2011, 12:47 PM.
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Mikevigar
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                            Why would any club buy Pedro? He spends about as much time on the floor feigning pain than actually playing football.

As for Fabregas, if he moves to Barcelona he would join the ranks of the world's most expensive bench warmers.
                            Nail on the head, for me Arsenal should cash in whilst people are willing to pay that money.

I cannot confess to have seen much of Pedro, which is why I found the buyout clause story so amazing. And as for the feigning pain/rolling around, he has plenty of peers to learn from in that team

Comment

• Phantom
                              • Mar 2011

Cant wait for the Premier league to start. As a fellow LFC fan I must admit our team looks really interesting after the new players coming in lately.

Comment

• holger
                                • Mar 2009

Frankfurt - Germany

good luck JAPAN
                                Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
                                SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀