• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaintedBlack_7
    • Sep 2010

Nice OP

What do you ride?

I have a yellow 996 with ohlins forks, termis, marchesseni wheels. Im actually getting rid of it and picking up my Dream bike a repsol CBR1000RR.
    The Ducati is a nice bike but its riddled with problems, i've put so much money into this bike it's incredible. That and these little L twins have a hard time getting out of their own way, buddy of mine just picked up a CBR600RR haha all i see is his taillight.
    That and riding that thing does'nt COOK YOUR ASS like these 916 framed bikes.

Comment

• MJRH
      • Nov 2006

The bike in action. So you don't waste three minutes on nothing like I did, know that the first ten seconds I've linked to are as fast as it gets in that particular video.
      ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
        don't know much about motorcycles, but i'm trying to get a learners permit now for the road test in the spring..

any recommendations on a 250 size bike?

i've always liked beemers, especially vintage ones...
        The 250cc market is extremely small. There are only three options (for sportbike types, at least). Top of the list is the Kawasaki Ninja 250, which has been around since 1988 and got a re-design in 2008. The old version is a bit faster, but the new one looks much better IMO. If you buy a 250 bike you probably don't want to go at lightning speeds anyway.

Old (1988-2007):

New (2008-current):

The second option is the Hyosung GT 250. Looks and performance are about on par with the Kawasaki, but Hyosung doesn't have the reputation of the Japanese manufacturers, and many of their earlier models had serious reliability issues. Here it is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The third option is the Honda CBR 250R, new for 2011. As you'd expect, not much information is available, but Motorcycle USA did a short review:

250s generally aren't great for highway riding, as acceleration is quite sluggish at highway speeds, but they're great for city riding due to shorter gearing and cornering due to lighter weight, and gas mileage is wonderful at about 70mpg.
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

thanks, yeah i've been looking at the ninja 250 or the honda 250. both relatively inexpensive, low power, and low maintenance for a first timer. i won't be doing highways, just 10 mile local street commutes..

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
            • Sep 2010

thanks, yeah i've been looking at the ninja 250 or the honda 250. both relatively inexpensive, low power, and low maintenance for a first timer. i won't be doing highways, just 10 mile local street commutes..
            i'd recommend getting a second hand ninja 250R however, in the chance you drop it, (newer riders almost always drop if they never rode dirt prior to street )you won't be out $3500

that and ninja 250r's hold value since there are so many newbie riders out there, an SV650 is also a great bike

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

oh yeah i'd totally get a used bike. with high insurance and depreciation, it makes no sense to buy new these days..

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                • Sep 2010

oh yeah i'd totally get a used bike. with high insurance and depreciation, it makes no sense to buy new these days..
                Just saying you're going to drop it. First time i let some smartass 18 year old kid hop up on my 996 he put it right on it's side trying to be a little bad ass.

there are benefits to buying a used 250R, first off after initial depreciation they tend to hover around the $1800-2700 mark. THIS IS A BIKE FOR THE PRICE OF GEAR HERE, so its pretty cheap. Grab it learn the basics of street riding, sell it for a couple hundred less than you paid for it.
                And whoever told you it costs a lot of money to insure a 250R is lying to you. When i got my first bike my rates went up a mere $50.
                you can help keep insurance rates down by taking the MSF course. Drop the attitude

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by PaintedBlack_7 View Post
                  Drop the attitude
                  calm down man, we're just talking about bikes. i got my insurance quote and although it's not as much as my car, it's not $50 more either..

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                    • Sep 2010

calm down man, we're just talking about bikes. i got my insurance quote and although it's not as much as my car, it's not $50 more either..
                    then negotiate, be like listen i was on your plan for X years and never hard an accident. I'm going to take an MSF course, im a master's student and a responsible member of society, no crimes never been arrested never had a ticket can you do [what you would think is a reasonable lower rate here] ?

i was transferred about 3 times and they brought my rates down.

Comment

• docus
                      • Dec 2010

This is my current ride, a Yamaha Chappy (not my actual one, pic from the old Yamaha ad):

It struggles to make it up hills and I frequently have to push it up London's steeper gradients... But I do look AWESOME riding it in my Rick Owens leather jacket...!

Comment

• anoldsole
                        • Nov 2010

Death by bike

I ride a CBR 1000RR. Over a decade riding experience and its still somewhat dangerous. If you stop respecting the bike it's a death machine. It's good to see people here riding bikes within their experience and skill level. Alot of people run out and buy a 600 or 1000cc plastic crotch rocket with almost no experience. Scary.

Comment

• Skye X
                          • Oct 2010

MJRH got it. Confederate bikes and the lightcycle. Oh, and this:

This:

This:

And this:

Also, my next bike, because I can't afford a dream bike, nor do I feel comfortable moving up to liter bikes yet:

Comment

• dunglan7
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by anoldsole View Post
                            I ride a CBR 1000RR. Over a decade riding experience and its still somewhat dangerous. If you stop respecting the bike it's a death machine. It's good to see people here riding bikes within their experience and skill level. Alot of people run out and buy a 600 or 1000cc plastic crotch rocket with almost no experience. Scary.

I can't agree with you more. Once you stop respecting the bike than you're looking for trouble. Been through a handful of bikes but my last was a RC51.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by dunglan7 View Post
                              I can't agree with you more. Once you stop respecting the bike than you're looking for trouble. Been through a handful of bikes but my last was a RC51.
                              The problem is people get cocky and get whatever the biggest, fastest and most powerful bike japan has out this month and ride like they're troy bayliss, like even in this thread there are a few cocky posters. I always feel that younge men (my age group) need to realize, that these things are death machines, the power of 100+ horses chained to 1 rear wheel and its between your legs.........

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

Ended up selling this to buy a car. Was fun while it lasted, anyway.

Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎